No announcement yet.

My long big 10 reviews and thoughts for 2007

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh stupididty huh JC, what has Robiskie proven that merits he's going to be a star? It remains to be seen that Wells can carry the load. You have no idea what their QB is going to do.

Like I said, I can play that game too. A ton of our guys have a lot of potential, and based off the predictions from Buckeye land in this thread, it's all assuming these guys live up to their potential.

I'll tell you this, if our skill guys on offense live up to theirs and if our defense is as good as I think it can be, look out Big 10. But that's not likely to happen. We're going to be hot and cold this year. We'll play really well at times but our inexperience offensively will cause some bad play too. People are acting like losing all of their offensive weapons isn't going to matter. I'll tell you right now, it will.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

John who?

Good write up for the Badgers. Probably should add something about Hodge and Randel El though.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by gstock05 View Post
        How am I disillusioned? All the points I brought up were for the most part very well laid out. I gave fair compliments to all teams, and expressed my very honest beliefs about each team. Take it FWIW, it's my opinion. People said OSU's defense was going to blow terribly last year after losing Hawk, carpenter, whitner, youboty, etc...

I felt a lot less confident about that unit than I do about our offense this year. Given our D failed us in the final two games, however, I've watched robiskie and the other receivers enough, in addition to a lot of tidbits I've heard about stuff. In 2002, our offense was not great, in fact, I would almost gaurantee our O will be better in 2007. It was a similar situation. We have a new quarterback who is probably comparable to Krenzel. We have a stud runningback, an experienced (and more talented) offensive line. A deeper receiving corps.

I see no reason saying our offense will be fine is such a big deal. People said the same thing about USC last year. How would they replace Leinart, Bush.. etc. They weren't the same offense as 2005, but they were still very formidable and scored enough points to win most games. I'm saying the same thing about OSU 2007.

I really don't see how that's disillusioned.

And FWIW, comparing Michigan's defense which has lost lots of depth, compared to OSU's offense which was loaded with players waiting behind the stars is a lot different.

No Texas lost VY and suffered a drop off your gonna have the same thing happen. Im not expecting Mich to win 10 games once we lose our QB RB and WR, even if a majority of our D is returning. Your will not go 11-1, I think there is very few realistic OSU fans who would even think that. I don't care what star players your guys were coming in, until they prove it on the field it means jack.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
          Oh stupididty huh JC, what has Robiskie proven that merits he's going to be a star? It remains to be seen that Wells can carry the load. You have no idea what their QB is going to do.

Like I said, I can play that game too. A ton of our guys have a lot of potential, and based off the predictions from Buckeye land in this thread, it's all assuming these guys live up to their potential.

I'll tell you this, if our skill guys on offense live up to theirs and if our defense is as good as I think it can be, look out Big 10. But that's not likely to happen. We're going to be hot and cold this year. We'll play really well at times but our inexperience offensively will cause some bad play too. People are acting like losing all of their offensive weapons isn't going to matter. I'll tell you right now, it will.
          I realize you're not used to good players replacing good players in Illinois, but Robiskie is the real deal. Wells is even better than that.

Doubt Robiskie all you want because you haven't watched him like I have, but doubting Wells? Come on.

Comment

Here's the predictions for the big ten in 2008 from espn:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2853847

Predictions:
            1. Wisconsin
            2. Michigan
            3. Ohio State
            4. Iowa
            5. Penn State
            6. Michigan State
            7. Illinois
            8. Purdue
            9. Northwestern
            10. Indiana
            11. Minnesota

Offensive player of the year: Mike Hart, tailback, Michigan

Defensive player of the year: Jack Ikegwuonu, cornerback, Wisconsin

Comeback: Javon Ringer, tailback, MSU

Breakout: Juice Williams, QB, Illinois

Dynamic Playmaker: Mario Manningham, WR, Michigan

Coach on hot seat: Joe Tiller, Purdue

Surprise team: Iowa

Disappointing team: PSU

Champion: Wisconsin

Ikegwuonu DPOY, somebody's paying attention. I do think Wisconsin wins (I'm biased) the big ten as many national publications are predicted. I think there's a myth on this board that OSU and Michigan are perenially numbers 1 and 2 in the big ten. Last year was a rare occurence. It's especially foolish to believe it will happen again with all that OSU is losing on O and Michigan on D. I do think PSU will be #2 or 3 in the conference. Their LB's and DB's look to be in great shape and Morelli can't be worse next year.

1. Wisconsin, 2. Michigan, 3. PSU, 4. OSU, 5. Iowa, 6. Illinois, 7. Purdue, 8. Indiana, 9. N'western, 10. MSU, 11. Minnesota

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information