Kenny Phillips...CB?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reese View Post
    isnt kenny phillips like 200 lbs?...i ask becuz i seen someone on a post say he has the body of sean taylor and i didnt think he was anywhere that big
    UM coaches say he has "the body of Sean Taylor and the knowledge and speed of Ed Reed." i said that on an other board and its true u might not believe it but he is better than sean taylor

sean taylor played 9 games with no starts first year 26 tackles no interceptions

sean taylor played in 13 games with 12 starts had 4 interceptions and 85 tackles in his second year

in his final year he played 12 games with 12 starts he had 10 interceptions with 77 tackles

Sean taylor all college years:188 tackles 14 interceptions

Sean taylor first 2 college years: 111 tackles and 4 interceptions

kenny phillips just in two seasons has 5 interceptions and 159 tackles

kenny phillips first year in college: kenny phillips played in 12 games with 11 starts and had 88 tackles with 1 interception and the interception won the game in a triple overtime with clemson.

kenny phillips second year: he played in 10 games with 10 starts he missed three games with a major thumb injury he had 71 tackles and 4 interceptions (3 of those interceptions came in one game against Duke)

i know sean taylor in overall career beats phillips but if you compare the first two years phillips is a lot better.

sean taylor could have had a 3 interception performance in the national championship but on his third interception maurice clarret stripped the ball away from taylor that was one reason how we could have won that game if taylor just kneeled down when he was in the back of the endzone.

P.S. the 2002 national championship was rigged Miami should have won.

Oh and one more thing Phillips is around 205-215 pounds taylor was bigger in his first two years but phillips is a lot quicker and better i heard a rumor but it might not be true we will see when he is on the field if its true that he is spending a lot of time in the gym and he might be bigger than 215 pounds and he is definitly stronger than last year (alot)

Calais Campbell put on 20 more pounds than last year and he stronger and faster than ever before this is true i read it on scout.com

Graig Cooper makes opposing defenses look silly.

Comment

Originally posted by -black View Post
      is it true Reddick injured himself by playing pickup basketball?
      it is true he was on an interview on scout he might be able to come back by the beginning of the season but its 50/50 right now.

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
        For the whole season, They will probably keep Phillips doing the same thing, I'd like to see if Phillips' brother can establish himself, both of them are good
        randy phillips the cornerback is not even related to them
        remember tyrone moss and sinorice moss they are not related ether

dont think that if there last name is the same they are related.

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
          def more like reed than taylor
          brandon meriweather and ed reed said he is mor like taylor on an interview on scout.com

Comment

Originally posted by OhioState View Post
            anyways Phillips is the best saftey that they have by far and the coaches will always let their stars play their natural position
            they didnt let meriweather stay at safety if he stayed at safety he would have had an even better senior year.

Comment

Bruce Johnson is like the 5th CB at best. Grant, Wiggins and Armour are all over him.

That is correct comahan
              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
              <3 dg

Comment

Grant splits time with him there is no definit nickel CB Wiggins is not even looking good in spring Ball they might redshirt him and armour is gonna be the 5th CB he was the 5th last year and i heard he has not improved a lot.

Comment

If anyone were to be moved to corner, it would have been Reddick. He played corner at my high school. He is a much better safety though. It would be a dumb move if they did it, he was not a dominant CB by any means at STA. Just decent.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information