2008 Sleeper/Homer Player

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by simms2clayton View Post
    I'd like for someone to show me another QB with a 155 rating and 36 sacks. The kid is poised in the pocket.
    Kevin Kolb, Chase Holbrook, and Colt Brennan out of the 4 people I looked up did it.
    Last edited by snuff; 05-03-2007, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by snuff View Post
      You meant Keiland Williams RB LSU right?

This guy?

The guy you mentioned didn't even touch the ball last season...
      Because he was a RS.

I talked to a guy yesterday and he has ties to Keiland. He was reported running a 4.3 40...

Richard Murphy has moves that Keiland can't even dream of doing...

Richard will blow up too watch.

Comment

Yeah I meant Richard Murhpy. Yes I know he didn't play last year that's why I'm hyping him on a "Sleeper" thread, get the concept?

Comment

i am going to say Lawrence Wilson DE tOSU

He is 6'6" and 270. Is in his junior year which means he knows the system. His scouting report says he runs a 4.6 so i will say 4.75 but that is still pretty impresive for a man of that size. he is poised to have a great season.

Comment

He's a sophomore this upcoming season, and I haven't seen his name mentioned yet but Alabama's MLB Prince Hall is extremely talented. Jeff Jennings HB out of Vanderbilt might take over the starting role and if does could do very well.

Comment

I see alot of people saying guys that people already know. For the Terps, alot of people are familiar with Darrius Heyward-Bey, Jared Gaither, even Erin Henderson and Dre Moore. So I'll try to pick someone who not many non-Maryland fans would know. My homer sleeper pick is Danny Oquendo, Wide Receiver, University of Maryland

He's coming into his senior season, and he started last year next to Darrius Heyward-Bey, who was the best freshman receiver in the nation. He's slated to be the starter again this year. Comes in at about 6'0, 195 pounds, has good hands, good athleticism. He just does a nice job of getting open and catching the ball when it comes to him. He could also contribute on special teams. He had 30+ grabs for 400 yards and 2 scores last season, and with all the attention that will be paid to Heyward-Bey, Oquendo could be a productive player for us.
              Last edited by dcarey20; 05-09-2007, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dcarey20 View Post
                I see alot of people saying guys that people already know. For the Terps, alot of people are familiar with Darrius Heyward-Bey, Jared Gaither, even Erin Henderson and Dre Moore. So I'll try to pick someone who not many non-Maryland fans would know. My homer sleeper pick is Danny Oquendo, Wide Receiver, University of Maryland

He's coming into his senior season, and he started last year next to Darrius Heyward-Bey, who was the best freshman receiver in the nation. He's slated to be the starter again this year. Comes in at about 6'0, 195 pounds, has good hands, good athleticism. He just does a nice job of getting open and catching the ball when it comes to him. He could also contribute on special teams. He had 30+ grabs for 400 yards and 2 scores last season, and with all the attention that will be paid to Heyward-Bey, Oquendo could be a productive player for us.

a kid down in Florida would disagree

-sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Originally posted by -black View Post
                  a kid down in Florida would disagree
                  well let's see...

Percy Harvin: 34 catches, 427 yards, 2 TD's

Darrius Heyward-Bey: 45 catches, 695 yards, 5 TD's

As a receiver, I'll take DHB anyday.
                  Last edited by dcarey20; 05-09-2007, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Rhett Bomar!!!

Comment

hmm lets see, Harvin was injured during a stretch of the season (missing the complete game or either playing a few plays) and still managed to have over 1,000 all purpose yards and 5 TD's (on a deep and talented Florida receiving core). Playmaker in every sense of the word. DHB on the other hand was basically the only target the team had

i'd take Percy

-sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Aqib Talib will have a monster year and become a 1st round lock possible top 15 pick in '08

Comment

Originally posted by snuff View Post
                          As much as I hate this team I must say 6.7yards per carry as a Freshman is godly.

Don't hate haha

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Me I am going to say that Darcel McBath Free Safety for Texas Tech is going to have a huge year for himself and the Red Raiders.

Comment

How about the Big 4 CBs in the BigTen?

I know people have said Jenkins already, and even though I think he is a tad overrated on this board (always seems to let a big play up, and Ive seen him numerous times looked lost in coverages) no one can deny he isn't a stud and probably a future first rounder.

But here are the 4...

Malcolm Jenkins-OSU-As said a future first rounder.
                              Justin King-PSU-Shut down some of the best receivers in the NCAA last year. Future first rounder, little underrated because his INT stats. No one really throws at him.
                              Vontae Davis-U of I-Just a freshman last year, the future is bright for him. Look for him to be a s-t-u-d in the next couple years.
                              Jack Ikegwuonu-I think he had some legal troubles earlier this year. But he shuts folks down too.

I don't think another conference can boast a group of 4 better CBs, honestly. Plus this doesn't incude guys like Sherrick McManis (Northwestern) who are up and coming players.

Comment

Definitely LaMarcus Coker

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information