Pat White, QB, West Virginia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pat White, QB, West Virginia

I know that White will only be a junior this year, so this is really something that could be asked after the next two seasons, but here goes anyways.

How does White project to the NFL?

To me he is a very good runner, and does a great job with running back Steve Slaton when it comes to perfecting the offense for the Mountaineers. White is listed at 6-2, 185 lbs. so his size is not terrible for a QB, but does he have the QB skills like arm strength and accuracy?

Will White get looks at QB?

Or will he be moved to due his athleticism to either running back or receiver?

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

Very Very good question... I was just thinking that.... I have no idea....I think he should stay at QB at develop but thats just my Op.

Comment

I haven't really looked at him critically yet, I have only watched as a fun observer when he's run past people. I don't think he will be moved to Running Back either, rather the Wide Reciever probably better suit forhim.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

If he ever develops solid passing mechanics he could be a really damn good QB. I would imagine he'd be drafted as a WR right now, but you never know how that'll turn out.

With a good QB coach he could be a really dangerous weapon.

Comment

He throws like a girl.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
          Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

He'll be a running back or receiver in the NFL. Virtually no chance he gets a look at QB. Still a day one prospect in my eyes though.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Originally posted by Emmitt Smith
            Donít quit, donít even quit.

Comment

He could be the next SLASH, minus the whole playing QB thing.
              The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

He's actually prolly an above average passer when they do throw the ball...which is like 5 plays the whole season...plus the fact that he's such a great runner makes it a little easier for him to pass ala Vick...if they throw more this year and his senior year(if he stays which most likely he will) then I think he has a definite shot at playing QB in the NFL

Comment

He'll play WR... unless, of course he develops QB mechanics and throws the ball a lot more.

Comment

I think he can get a look at quarterback, but he probably won't. He's fun to watch though. Great open field runner.
                    If and when he does make the switch, he has good size for the position. Anyone have any idea about how fast he would time?

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Pat White's best chance of playing in the NFL will probably come at WR.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                        I think he can get a look at quarterback, but he probably won't. He's fun to watch though. Great open field runner.
                        If and when he does make the switch, he has good size for the position. Anyone have any idea about how fast he would time?
                        I think he runs a 4.4-4.5.

Comment

185 lbs, thats very small for a qb, rb, and wr. But he could get away with it at wr, but thats it.

Dallas Cowboys/Denver Broncos/Tennessee Volunteer Fan

Comment

If he has any hopes of playing QB, he has to go back for a senior season, and pack on pounds, and that still may not be enough. I see him as a WR, probably only a ST guy. He looks allright when he throws the ball, however, he doesnt seem like a QB tho. It looks as if his first option is always, if the room is there run. Dont get me wrong, that works at the college level, but he would have to change big time to make it to the NFL, and I dont see it happenig.

Comment

he doesn't have the arm to be a pro QB, he doesn't have the size to play RB & he doesn't have any experience at WR its gonna be a tough for him to make it to the pros, im sure someone will take a chance and pick him but he is a definite project

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information