No announcement yet.

Pro possibilty for any of these 3 QB's?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro possibilty for any of these 3 QB's?

I was thinking of these two sophomores in Juice Williams of Illinois and Matt Grothe of South Florida.

Williams is listed at 6'2 and 233 lbs.
    Stats are as followed:
    12 games...103 of 261 passing...1489 yards...9 tds...9 int...154 carries...576 yards...2 tds

Grothe is listed at 6'0 and 200 lbs.
    Stats are as followed:
    13 games...202 of 317 passing...2576 yards...15 tds...14 int...178 carries...622 yards...9 tds

The last QB I had in mind was John Parker Wilson from Alabama

Wilson is listed at 6'2 209 lbs.
    Stats are as followed:
    13 games...216 of 379 passing...2707 yards...17 tds...10 int...82 carries...290 yards

Which of these 3 if any will have a shot at the NFL?

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

Grothe, is a Jeff Garcia type of QB.....

-sig by jkpigskin

Comment

I'm not sure who I'd compare Grothe to right now but I think he has an excellent shot of playing in the NFL one day. The kid makes plays.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Juice Williams, next McNabb IMO, by the end of his junior year he'll be a household name. Book it!
        Do not weep for those lost on 4-16-07 for they are in a better place than those left behind who mourn them. God is Love.

Comment

juice kinda sucks...
          I'm a state.

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
            juice kinda sucks...
            Juice kinda is only a sophomore. He also had a ton of drops last year. Not to say that his accuracy needed much improvement but he's going to be damn good before he's gone.

He looked good in the Spring Game to hopefully that carries over to the regular season.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Grothe looks like he could be a stud whenever he comes out if he keeps playing this way.

I love watching him (and USF in general) play.

Comment

I could easily see Grothe as a Day One pick. He has good accuracy and is a great leader, with decent arm strength. I don't know who I'd compare him to, but I'm pretty sure it's not Jeff Garcia.

Comment

Juice needs to work a lot on his accuracy, but he has the physical tools to make it. HuskerNation, seriously, new material may be in store for you, and Tech just put up another TD.

Comment

Juice has the most upside out of any of those guys.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

I actually think with the winter and spring Illinois had I think Juice could be a bigger Troy Smith. I think Grothe will have a high draft stock depending on success but either way will play well in the NFL and I think of JP Wilson as more of a system QB who pending where he goes will be pretty average.

Michael "Franchise" Young QB Akron Zepplins #10
                      164/281, 58.4% 1956 yards, 10 TD/8 INT
                      50 rushes, 321 yards, 4 TD, 6.4 YPC
                      Record: 7-3

Comment

It's never a good sign when you don't up put at least 50% completion, that kind of worries me. Grothe is pretty good though, could be a decent NFL starter.

HuskerNation, really, you're that proud of winning a mediocre bowl game? That's unbelievably pathetic. I find it odd you're so eager to bring up the Michigan/USC game, do you conveniently forget that your powerhouse Huskers lost 28-10 to SC. So, let's review....

USC 32
                        Michigan 18 (14 point differential)

USC 28
                        Nebraska 10 (18 point differential)

Comment

Originally posted by DWilliams2IndyColts View Post
                          I actually think with the winter and spring Illinois had I think Juice could be a bigger Troy Smith. I think Grothe will have a high draft stock depending on success but either way will play well in the NFL and I think of JP Wilson as more of a system QB who pending where he goes will be pretty average.
                          Juice doesn't really compare to Troy. Much stronger arm, faster, taller bigger in size, quicker release, and much more of a prospect than Troy.

The only thing Troy really has over Juice is accuracy and experience, but Juice will improve on those areas as he gets more time.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Out of the three, maybe Juice as a WR. None of them are NFL caliber QBs.

Comment

Originally posted by Salami View Post
                              Out of the three, maybe Juice as a WR. None of them are NFL caliber QBs.
                              You're joking right? Juice has the size, arm strenth, and speed to be an NFL QB right now. With some work on his accuracy and decision making he's a legit NFL prospect at QB. The kid has a ton of potential.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information