No announcement yet.

Sugar Bowl: LSU Tigers vs. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So how does Weis get a 10 year contract and still have not beaten a top 25 team when in his first 2 years at Florida Ron Zook beat 4 top 15 teams and got run out of town?
    Lloyd Carr: "I hope one day we have a system where all the issues are decided on the field."

"Honestly, we've played a lot better teams than them," Florida defensive end Jarvis Moss said. "I could name four or five teams in the SEC that could probably compete with them and play the same type of game we did against them."

Comment

• Originally posted by MagnumGator
      So how does Weis get a 10 year contract and still have not beaten a top 25 team when in his first 2 years at Florida Ron Zook beat 4 top 15 teams and got run out of town?
      Weis has beaten a top 25 team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10
        Originally posted by MagnumGator
        So how does Weis get a 10 year contract and still have not beaten a top 25 team when in his first 2 years at Florida Ron Zook beat 4 top 15 teams and got run out of town?
        Final poll?
        Lloyd Carr: "I hope one day we have a system where all the issues are decided on the field."

"Honestly, we've played a lot better teams than them," Florida defensive end Jarvis Moss said. "I could name four or five teams in the SEC that could probably compete with them and play the same type of game we did against them."

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10
          Originally posted by MagnumGator
          Final poll?
          Penn St. this year will be top 25 barely but will be top 25 after their bowl game.

Comment

• We'll see.

Comment

We'll see.
              Oh they definately will be ranked. I think they are techinically 27 or 28 right now. With a win over Tennesee and losses to a few teams near the bottom, they will definately jump in.

Comment

• It's nice to see two dominating bowl wins to start Les Miles' LSU coaching career.

It will be bittersweet if JaMarcus enters the NFL draft as expected. One more year and he could go down as the best quarterback in LSU history, and possibly lead us to another National Championship. On the other hand, I'm very eager to see Ryan Perrilloux get a lot of time at QB.
                The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

• well that ended well.

Comment

• being a private school, notre dame can set any kind of guideline they want. i guess Notre Dame cares more about recruiting scholars than 5 star athletes to play for their football team...they should play all the ivey league schools instead
                    Fight On USC Trojans!

gamertag: uscfan06

Comment

• We got whooped last night, pretty good first half though. Not only is our D terrible, they play with no confidence, I'm glad Mike Richardson is finally gone, senior leadership is overrated when you suck. We needed to score at least 35 points to have a chance, and Quinn looked like he was trying to always make the big play instead of taking what LSU gave us.

Overall good season though, as the best programs show, one solid recruting class doesn't make a program. Weis looks like he's going to secure his 2nd top 10 class. It's going to be interesting to see what happens next season. @ Penn State, @ Michigan, and the other usual suspects, we're gonna take some lumps. At least the team will be young though, after 5 seasons under Weis, we will probably be a legit title contender, thats the difference between Weis and Ty.

Comment

• U guys suck, u just schedule a bunch of easy teams in the season and then when u get to the bows ur like well what do we do here.

Is why Ive always hated Notre Dame.

Comment

• i find it humerous...brady quinn rips up Army and Navy but he is scared to throw against a ranked team. Notre Dame schedules easy teams to ensure wins but it really ends up bitting them in the ass because they go untested facing big oppenents
                          Fight On USC Trojans!

Comment

• Bud Light Presents, "Real Men of Genius" (Reaaaaal Men Of Genius)

Today we salute you, Mr. Delusional Notre Dame Fan. (Mr. Delusional
                            Notre Dame Faaaaaan!)

Season after season, year after year, you try to justify your absurdly
                            high preseason ranking. (Clutching at straws!)

You scramble to make futile attempts at damage control when the Irish
                            lose to a grossly inferior opponent (How'd Navy score fifty fouuuuuur?)

Inevitably, you'll bring up the past, and boast of National
                            Championships won 40 years before you were born. (Those were the
                            daaaaaays!)

You will point out that you have more wins than any other program as
                            though that is relevant to the current season. (Been playing since the
                            1870s!)

Go on, ignore that home loss to your archrivals in the regular season
                            finale and continue to believe that you'll defeat your bowl opponent
                            with striking ease. (LSU will win by thirteeeeeeey!)

So crack open an ice cold Bud Light, oh Emperor of Excuses, and take
                            comfort knowing that when you don't finish in the top 25, you'll be back
                            to number three when the preseason polls come out next year. (Mr. Delusional
                            Notre Dame Fan!)

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                            WHO DAT!

Comment

• haha, so true...
                              Fight On USC Trojans!

Comment

• Season after season, year after year, you try to justify your absurdly
                                high preseason ranking. (Clutching at straws!)
                                Actaully up to this year, they haven't had absurdly high preseason rankings. A couple of months back we researched it. People called Notre Dame constanstly overrated. And my argument was they weren't overrated. The polls always placed them accordingly, up until this year. If any team in the past has been overrated it is Michigan.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information