Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rose Bowl: Michigan-USC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    so you don't think USC will be playing with a chip on their shoulders after getting embarrassed by UCLA right before the title game?
    Fight On USC Trojans!

    gamertag: uscfan06

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by RWFender1
      so you don't think USC will be playing with a chip on their shoulders after getting embarrassed by UCLA right before the title game?
      Not as much as michigan, who was screwed out of a title shot.

      Comment


      • #18
        This game comes down to the players attitude on it. Both teams thought they were going to the National Title game, now they have to settle for the Rose Bowl. In my opinion, the win goes to whoever sees it as less of a consolation prize and more of an honor.

        But, if the intensity level is equal, I think Michigan will win it. The Wolverines front seven has proven throughout the year that they can get to the quarterback, and I can't recall a game where they did not generate ample pressure.

        In theory, USC would love to spread the field and expose the average secondary, but they will not have any time. They'll need to keep at least an extra man back to protect. They'll have problems, as John David Booty doesn't have the mobility or poise of Troy Smith.

        USC's wideouts will make some big plays to compensate for a lackluster ground attack, but Michigan will take the Rose Bowl going away.

        Comment


        • #19
          Michigan in a pretty close game.

          Comment


          • #20
            Michigan 31
            USC 21.
            "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

            Comment


            • #21
              this game will be a better game htne the NC and ill take UM. There frint seven will go right after Booty just like UCLA if not worse.

              Comment


              • #22
                34-21 Michigan.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Good call Thunderstruck.

                  Even though Michigan didn't get screwed, they will come out with some fire, but so will USC.

                  They lost a chance to play for the title in the same stadium and it's a "home" game for them. We all saw what happened this past weekend, if USC can protect Booty, USC may win in a close one.

                  USC 24
                  Mich. 23
                  Rock Jock

                  Sidesider for life, Go White Sox

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by RockJock07
                    Good call Thunderstruck.

                    Even though Michigan didn't get screwed, they will come out with some fire, but so will USC.

                    They lost a chance to play for the title in the same stadium and it's a "home" game for them. We all saw what happened this past weekend, if USC can protect Booty, USC may win in a close one.

                    USC 24
                    Mich. 23
                    Ok, how are they gonna protect booty?

                    I'm convinced you are just biased against michigan.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by detroit4life
                      this game will be a better game htne the NC and ill take UM. There frint seven will go right after Booty just like UCLA if not worse.
                      their defense may not be as good as UCLA's but all they have to do is watch that last game over and over and mimmick exactly what UCLA did.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Well if the OL and Sam Baker plan to block then Booty can get the ball to Jerrett and Smith.

                        I don't hate Michigan, I don't have a fav. college team, I don't understand why Michigan fans can't take some constructive cristism and not freak out when people give their take on the game.
                        Rock Jock

                        Sidesider for life, Go White Sox

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by RockJock07
                          Well if the OL and Sam Baker plan to block then Booty can get the ball to Jerrett and Smith.

                          I don't hate Michigan, I don't have a fav. college team, I don't understand why Michigan fans can't take some constructive cristism and not freak out when people give their take on the game.
                          you don't have constructive criticism... Your claims are as on point as Scientology.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by soybean
                            Originally posted by detroit4life
                            this game will be a better game htne the NC and ill take UM. There frint seven will go right after Booty just like UCLA if not worse.
                            their defense may not be as good as UCLA's but all they have to do is watch that last game over and over and mimmick exactly what UCLA did.
                            Wait. :?

                            I may be misunderstanding you, but you are insane if you think UCLA has a better defense than Michigan. In my estimation, the Bruins don't match the Wolverines in the speed or physicality department. It may be close schematically speaking, but I would probably give the edge to Michigan there too.

                            If Booty thinks he had a long day against UCLA, wait until he goes against that front seven. :shock:

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Thunderstruck
                              Originally posted by soybean
                              Originally posted by detroit4life
                              this game will be a better game htne the NC and ill take UM. There frint seven will go right after Booty just like UCLA if not worse.
                              their defense may not be as good as UCLA's but all they have to do is watch that last game over and over and mimmick exactly what UCLA did.
                              Wait. :?

                              I may be misunderstanding you, but you are insane if you think UCLA has a better defense than Michigan. In my estimation, the Bruins don't match the Wolverines in the speed or physicality department. It may be close schematically speaking, but I would probably give the edge to Michigan there too.

                              If Booty thinks he had a long day against UCLA, wait until he goes against that front seven. :shock:
                              yeah but they're no Justin Hickman and Bruce Davis.

                              here's what's gonna happen.

                              1st quarter: booty struggles.
                              2nd half: booty replaced by mark sanchez, they take the leash off of rey maualuga [chad henne gets a fractured skull]. Jarrett gets 500 yards recieving and stafon johnson gets to play. And they own your wolverine ass.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Lamarr Woodley will have JDB in a body bag by halftime.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information