Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rose Bowl: Michigan-USC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    (Maybe you could offer an opinion as to why you think it will be this way, instead of just throwing statements out there and getting pissy when people call you out for not really having an argument? Seriously, I'd love to hear how an OL that got ruined by Justin Hickman and Bruce Davis is going to shut down Alan Branch, Terrence Taylor, and Lamarr "2006 Bednarik Winner" Woodley. I'm expecting another inane, Madden-esque answer- "well blocking is the key to the game so USC will block and win because they block durrr"- but feel free to surprise me.)

    A good pass rush can be beaten.

    The Michigan front 7 is as good as it gets and Pete Carroll is aware of this. He won't let Booty take 5 and 7 step drops. There are going to be alot of quick slants, bubble screens, and draws. If the OL can hold out enough for Booty to take a 3 step drop, the DL will be taken out of the game.

    Another route Carroll could take is use 4 WR sets. Spread Mich. out, then your "2006 Bednarik winner" is blockable.

    is that good enough answer for you?
    Rock Jock

    Sidesider for life, Go White Sox

    Comment


    • #47
      OSU spread the Michigan defense out with 4 WR sets and Woodley was in Smith's face all day...

      Comment


      • #48
        I think Leon Hall can shut down Jarrett. Lets face it, the reason ginn burned him was cuz of Smiths playfakes and his speed. Booty doesn't have a good play fake ad Hall is faster than DJ. And don't give me this 6'5 crap. James Hardy was 6'7 and Hall shut him down.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by RockJock07
          (Maybe you could offer an opinion as to why you think it will be this way, instead of just throwing statements out there and getting pissy when people call you out for not really having an argument? Seriously, I'd love to hear how an OL that got ruined by Justin Hickman and Bruce Davis is going to shut down Alan Branch, Terrence Taylor, and Lamarr "2006 Bednarik Winner" Woodley. I'm expecting another inane, Madden-esque answer- "well blocking is the key to the game so USC will block and win because they block durrr"- but feel free to surprise me.)

          A good pass rush can be beaten.

          The Michigan front 7 is as good as it gets and Pete Carroll is aware of this. He won't let Booty take 5 and 7 step drops. There are going to be alot of quick slants, bubble screens, and draws. If the OL can hold out enough for Booty to take a 3 step drop, the DL will be taken out of the game.

          Another route Carroll could take is use 4 WR sets. Spread Mich. out, then your "2006 Bednarik winner" is blockable.

          is that good enough answer for you?
          You are beyond help. read P-L's post, nuff said

          Comment


          • #50
            Booty does not play with poise. The guy was rattled all day against UCLA. Mich is perfectly capible of doing the same. Booty isn't the same QB when he has to play from behind. Just look two INTs against Notre Dame i promise you if that happens Mich will come up with more point than ND did. USC has got a great team but i don't think Booty is a championship caliber QB. There are times in games when you can see he is struggling, and its obvious that the Mich defense has been rattling QBs all year, with the exception of TS. Booty's inconsistant play is the achilles heel of USC, and i have no reason to believe that the Mich defense can't get to him, mentally and physically, as UCLA did.

            Comment


            • #51
              how come all you michigan fans have so much hate inside?

              will michigan win? probably. can usc beat michigan? probably. Does michigan have a great D-Line? yes Is Mario Manningham a perennial superstar? yes. Is Lamar woodley one of the best? yes.

              We admitted you're the second best team in the country and it is sad that you guys got screwed out of the national championship, but all you guys have to stop thinking you guys are that much better and the best team in the world. You guys got cleveland banned because you guys said he was throwin it in your face that "OSU beat Michigan." But you guys are doing the same thing with USC, except the fact that they havent played yet. It'll be a close game and Michigan will probably win.

              you don't have constructive criticism... Your claims are as on point as Scientology.
              but you are insane if you think UCLA has a better defense than Michigan.
              Lamarr Woodley will have JDB in a body bag by halftime.
              Booty will be eaten for lunch, I'm thinking like 2 or 3 sacks from LaMarr Woodley boosting his draft stock.
              He had plenty of time vs tOSU and their D-line is much better than yours.
              We had plenty of time all yeah against better DLs.

              Comment


              • #52
                USC is gonna suprise a lot of people
                Fight On USC Trojans!

                gamertag: uscfan06

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by RWFender1
                  USC is gonna suprise a lot of people
                  when they come out flat.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Good call Soybean.

                    (OSU spread the Michigan defense out with 4 WR sets and Woodley was in Smith's face all day...)

                    And OSU won the game, Where was Woodley when OSU gashed them for 2 long runs?

                    USC will come out with some fire, it's a home game for them and 85% of the fans are gonna be USC's and it's the Rose Bowl, they'll come out ready to play.

                    USC by 3 points of less.
                    Rock Jock

                    Sidesider for life, Go White Sox

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      I think it depends. If Michigan prepares for those 5 wides and can handle them this time around, then UM will win by two scores. If not, it will be tight, and I may even lean towards USC. I think UM will prepare, and win.


                      Follow Me on Twitter!
                      https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by soybean
                        how come all you michigan fans have so much hate inside?

                        will michigan win? probably. can usc beat michigan? probably. Does michigan have a great D-Line? yes Is Mario Manningham a perennial superstar? yes. Is Lamar woodley one of the best? yes.

                        We admitted you're the second best team in the country and it is sad that you guys got screwed out of the national championship, but all you guys have to stop thinking you guys are that much better and the best team in the world. You guys got cleveland banned because you guys said he was throwin it in your face that "OSU beat Michigan." But you guys are doing the same thing with USC, except the fact that they havent played yet. It'll be a close game and Michigan will probably win.

                        you don't have constructive criticism... Your claims are as on point as Scientology.
                        but you are insane if you think UCLA has a better defense than Michigan.
                        Lamarr Woodley will have JDB in a body bag by halftime.
                        Booty will be eaten for lunch, I'm thinking like 2 or 3 sacks from LaMarr Woodley boosting his draft stock.
                        He had plenty of time vs tOSU and their D-line is much better than yours.
                        We had plenty of time all yeah against better DLs.
                        I don't see how you can call it close, after michigan has so much anger form being shafted, and was chompin at the bit to play their archrivals, and on the flipside, USC is devastated, having lost their NC chance, to a team who is their archrival, and a team they are much better than.

                        Props to Darnik

                        Originally posted by CutlerChris
                        Why couldn't Helen Keller drive?

                        She was a woman.
                        ^^^^^^
                        OMFG LMAO

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by RockJock07
                          Good call Soybean.

                          (OSU spread the Michigan defense out with 4 WR sets and Woodley was in Smith's face all day...)

                          And OSU won the game, Where was Woodley when OSU gashed them for 2 long runs?

                          USC will come out with some fire, it's a home game for them and 85% of the fans are gonna be USC's and it's the Rose Bowl, they'll come out ready to play.

                          USC by 3 points of less.

                          You are completely biased against michigan and not worht the time of day.

                          Wanna now why OSU had som much success? Troy Smith. Composed, familiar system, srambling, cna handle the rush, something Booty CANNOT DO. And Woodley was in all day on a better OL than USC. Please do not compare the two, because JDB is an awful QB.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by danman253
                            Originally posted by RWFender1
                            USC is gonna suprise a lot of people
                            when they come out flat.
                            I don't remember a Pete Carroll team come out flat when the he's had this much time to prepare and so much focus on a game.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by stillaraiderfan
                              Originally posted by danman253
                              Originally posted by RWFender1
                              USC is gonna suprise a lot of people
                              when they come out flat.
                              I don't remember a Pete Carroll team come out flat when the he's had this much time to prepare and so much focus on a game.

                              Weren't they supposed to have that same focus last game?

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by danman253
                                Originally posted by stillaraiderfan
                                Originally posted by danman253
                                Originally posted by RWFender1
                                USC is gonna suprise a lot of people
                                when they come out flat.
                                I don't remember a Pete Carroll team come out flat when the he's had this much time to prepare and so much focus on a game.

                                Weren't they supposed to have that same focus last game?
                                They were, but they didn't. They're going to say they weren't looking past the Bruins, but they did. Carroll and Co. were outcoached, and they weren't prepared. That won't happen again, so i'm not expecting them to come out flat and unprepared again.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information