Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gstock05
    Jarvis Moss is the best linebacker in the country
    I think James Laurinaitis just won the best defensive player in college football award. Although I will admit Florida has a better linebacking unit.

I guess you are claiming Elvis Dumervil as the best defensive player in the nation last year also? Laurinaitis couldn't shed a block by me. He is so overrated.

Michigan's offense can hang with tOSU's I believe, as they displayed when they played.

Comment

• [quote="gstock05"]

I think James Laurinaitis just won the best defensive player in college football award. Although I will admit Florida has a better linebacking unit.
      quote]
      THere are 3 or four awards that could technically classify you as the best defensive player. Lott, Nagurski, but the only one that matters is the Bednarik, which he's not even up for.

He's vastly overrated and won't win the butkus.

Props to Darnik

Originally posted by CutlerChris
      Why couldn't Helen Keller drive?

She was a woman.
      ^^^^^^
      OMFG LMAO

Comment

• Originally posted by yodachu
        Florida fans talk to me when u lose to Ohio St. by 3 in Columbus. Oh, wait a minute. They won't.

1. They won't in Columbus.
        2. They'll lose by at least 14....and thats being nice.
        As usual, you're posts contain no fact, and just blatant opinion.

And just so you know, Florida often had seven and even six guys in the box vs. Arkansas and effectively shut them down. They brought an extra man up when Ray McDonald got hurt.

McDonald's injury was said to be a hypextension so he should be ready.

Designs by Thule

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonathan_VIlma
          Originally posted by yodachu
          Florida fans talk to me when u lose to Ohio St. by 3 in Columbus. Oh, wait a minute. They won't.

1. They won't in Columbus.
          2. They'll lose by at least 14....and thats being nice.
          As usual, you're posts contain no fact, and just blatant opinion.

And just so you know, Florida often had seven and even six guys in the box vs. Arkansas and effectively shut them down. They brought an extra man up when Ray McDonald got hurt.

McDonald's injury was said to be a hypextension so he should be ready.
          That was not a hyperextension, that was a break, until I see a link, I'm calling it a break

Props to Darnik

Originally posted by CutlerChris
          Why couldn't Helen Keller drive?

She was a woman.
          ^^^^^^
          OMFG LMAO

Comment

• They evaulated it twice. First it was a break, then a big hyperextension. EIther way i doubt he is 100% after that .

Comment

• These are both big play offenses, so yes snuff, I expect the score to be around 35-33 with OSU winning.

I think OSU defense is very good, but they haven't faced speed similar to this, well... since, Michigan who put up 39.

Although if OSU wins, i think they will be the most dominate team that i've ever seen, beating 3 #2's in a season. That's impressive.
              Rock Jock

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox

Comment

• Originally posted by RockJock07
                These are both big play offenses, so yes snuff, I expect the score to be around 35-33 with OSU winning.

I think OSU defense is very good, but they haven't faced speed similar to this, well... since, Michigan who put up 39.

Although if OSU wins, i think they will be the most dominate team that i've ever seen, beating 3 #2's in a season. That's impressive.
                The thing is that Michigans QB won't crumble under pressure...

Comment

• Well that's just it, Leak is the key. That shovel pass INT was just awful, I've never seen that before, but he's got some skill, he just has way to many brain craps.

Speaking of Florida QB's, Tebow next year, cause they have a verbal from Cameron Newton, who has Brian Brohm size and skill written over him.

another random thought, How does Georgia have the #2 recuiting class?
                  Rock Jock

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox

Comment

• Nice point brought up on the radio.

Two things you don't want when you face the Buckeyes (and two things UM didn't have THIS SEASON):

1. A mediocre offensive line

2. A QB prone to make mistakes.

Two things Florida has.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

• Originally posted by RockJock07
                      These are both big play offenses, so yes snuff, I expect the score to be around 35-33 with OSU winning.

Most of the scoring was due to Cbs not being able to set in the grass, allowing Wr's to cut easier on the CBs. Michigan also had a good run game going. Another thing Florida doesn't have.

Comment

they also lack the overwhelming physicality that the Wolverines brought to the table which gave Ohio State fits
                        Not sure what you're talking about, but I didnt see the Wolverines defense give Ohio State any fits on 11/18.
                        I'm not sure what you're talking about. The Wolverines were manhandling that Ohio State offensive line, which is why Troy Smith's performance was all the more impressive.

Originally posted by gstock05
                        Ohio State might not score the most per game, but we absolutely have the best offense. There is not an offense in college football thats even close to the balance and talent for rushing & passing that we have.
                        I would probably agree.

After witnessing us single handedly pick apart what I thought was the best defense in a good 3-4 years, I don't think Florida will do much better. Their only hope is turnovers & Percy Harvin.
                        Again, I would probably agree.

Do you really think Ohio State could hang with USC in 2004?
                        Hrmm... Cal seemed to be pretty much even with them throughout the entire game. USC barely won vs. Cal in 2004.
                        Still, I couldn't see Justin Zwick keeping up in a shootout.

Which is a joke. Laurinaitis has been superb this year, but he hasn't been the best defensive player in college football. He was borderline average in the Michigan game.

Finally, SEC is tough, but overrated. Wisconsin destroyed Auburn last year and Wiscy wasn't even that good.
                        I tend to think the Wisconsin-Auburn game gets overrated when comparing the Big 10-SEC because the Badgers won that game on pure emotion. The players wanted to win it for Barry Alvarez. Auburn, on the other hand, didn't really look like they wanted to be there.

Although, I do not think the SEC was all it was billed up to be this year. Toughest conference? Without a doubt. Murderer's row? Perhaps.

I'm going to say we'll rush for 175+ and pass for around 250. I think we're going to go with more of a run healthy offense. Our offensive line is the best in the nation, no doubt about it.
                        I would probably lower the rushing offense a little bit, but I still feel as though the running game will be successful. And while I think it is questionable if that offensive line is the best in the nation, they should be able to pave the way and protect just fine.

Comment

After witnessing us single handedly pick apart what I thought was the best defense in a good 3-4 years, I don't think Florida will do much better. Their only hope is turnovers & Percy Harvin.
                          Because no team wants to rely on their biggest offensive playmaker and turnovers to win a game. :roll:

Designs by Thule

Comment

• Now that I have had 48 hours to *********** and moan about this.....

I would like to first apologize for telling countless number of people to shut the *********** up, that was inappropriate of me to do. I would also like to say that I have said a lot of negative things about the Florida football team. I have no problem with them. In fact, they're my 2nd favorite football team. But they ran into my favorite. I didn't mean the mean crap I said about the Florida football team. Those were said out of frustration. Florida diserves to be playing on January 8th. I'm not sure if I ever said that, I may have said the opposite, but that was out of bitching and moaning. I am not pissed off at Florida, I am pissed with the system, thats all. Nothing to do with Florida, with the current system, I do not mind at all Florida gets to play on 1-8. I need to quit bitching and the players (if they were even) and the coach (I know he has been) need to quit, so they can be ready for USC. This was a great season for UM, and it has defntly been been better than expected. After all, we are in the Rose Bowl and should feel proud. And a lot of teams would love to be in our position. So peace out and stay classy.

Comment

• Shut up Yadachu.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonathan_VIlma
                                Because no team wants to rely on their biggest offensive playmaker and turnovers to win a game. :roll:

Usually a team effort is the best way to win...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information