No announcement yet.

National Championship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talent wise, it's no contest, Ohio St in a slaughter. However, this game will be between a overconfident Ohio St team vs a Florida team that has been hearing for a month that they don't belong on the same field as Ohio St. Football is still a game that can be decided by the team which is a lot higher emotionally for the game than the other team. That's why upsets occur all the time in sports.
    Florida is going to be sky high for the game and Smith had better have his leadership qualities and mental toughness operating on all cylinders or you could very well see an upset. Emotion can negate talent a great deal of the time.
    And proud of it!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Iamcanadian
      Talent wise, it's no contest, Ohio St in a slaughter. However, this game will be between a overconfident Ohio St team vs a Florida team that has been hearing for a month that they don't belong on the same field as Ohio St. Football is still a game that can be decided by the team which is a lot higher emotionally for the game than the other team. That's why upsets occur all the time in sports.
      Florida is going to be sky high for the game and Smith had better have his leadership qualities and mental toughness operating on all cylinders or you could very well see an upset. Emotion can negate talent a great deal of the time.
      yeah it's like mack brown's quote... "we dont have to be the best team, we just have to be the best team tonight."

Comment

Talent wise, it's no contest, Ohio St in a slaughter. However, this game will be between a overconfident Ohio St team vs a Florida team that has been hearing for a month that they don't belong on the same field as Ohio St. Football is still a game that can be decided by the team which is a lot higher emotionally for the game than the other team. That's why upsets occur all the time in sports.
        Eh, with Tressel, they won't be overconfident. Tress knows how to get guys up, how to pump up opponents and all that crap. Hell, on his radio show, he made it sound like Northwestern was going to kill us...

Follow Me on Twitter!
        https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

• Originally posted by JBond93
          Originally posted by Iamcanadian
          Eh, with Tressel, they won't be overconfident. Tress knows how to get guys up, how to pump up opponents and all that crap. Hell, on his radio show, he made it sound like Northwestern was going to kill us...
          Tressel is a great HC but players are human beings and when you keep hearing in the press and from your friends and family, that Florida doesn't even belong in the game and won't be much of a challange, it will be very difficult to get emotionally prepared for the game.
          I'm not saying Ohio St won't win but games like this are always dangerous when one team has the emotional edge and upsets do occur in these situations. I doubt the game is a cakewalk and I expect Florida will mount a charge at the start which Ohio St will have to contain and then mount its own charge in the second half.
          I can remember very clearly a simular situation in the Rose Bowl quite a few years ago when an undefeated or a 1 lose Ohio St team, I believe, played a 7-4 Stanford team. As the teams lined up to run on the field, the first Stanford player to run out turned around and tried to tackle the rest of his teammates, he was so fired up and I thought to myself, this game may not be a blowout after all, and sure enough, Stanford upset the heavily favourite Buckeyes. From that time on I learned to respect emotion when predicting a game, and I predict Florida will give a great effort against Ohio St and cover the spread and perhaps pull out an upset.
          HC's have never found the answer to over confidence, not even the great ones.
          And proud of it!!!

Comment

• Both Tressel and Lloyd Carr are perfectionists when it comes to that. Overconfident? They haven't won the NC yet, they won't be, Tressel will make sure of that.

I'm gonna say watch the Dline. Gholston I think will have himself a big game, as will Pitcock and Patterson.

With as many weapons as OSU has on offense, Florida just can't stop em. Gonzo, Ginn, Robiskie, Hartline, Small, Pittman, Beanie, Maurice, and of course the Heisman winner. Ohio State is just better on both sides of the ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrownsTown
              Both Tressel and Lloyd Carr are perfectionists when it comes to that. Overconfident? They haven't won the NC yet, they won't be, Tressel will make sure of that.

I'm gonna say watch the Dline. Gholston I think will have himself a big game, as will Pitcock and Patterson.

With as many weapons as OSU has on offense, Florida just can't stop em. Gonzo, Ginn, Robiskie, Hartline, Small, Pittman, Beanie, Maurice, and of course the Heisman winner. Ohio State is just better on both sides of the ball.
              Ok, I'm going to be as unhomer as I possibly can here:

The only problems that Ohio State will have with Florida are the following:

The QB substitutions of Chris Leak and Tim Tebow
              How many touches Percy Harvin has
              And running against the Florida D

I think if we can limit the big plays and have good running games from Antionio Pittman and Beanie Wells then we should be able to handle the game.

I think Florida has to stop Troy Smith from having so much time in the pocket and they need to be able consistently play out of the "Urban Meyer" formations and strategy.

I say Ohio State 31 Florida 21

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93
                Originally posted by Iamcanadian
                Tressel is a great HC but players are human beings and when you keep hearing in the press and from your friends and family, that Florida doesn't even belong in the game and won't be much of a challange, it will be very difficult to get emotionally prepared for the game.
                I'm not saying Ohio St won't win but games like this are always dangerous when one team has the emotional edge and upsets do occur in these situations. I doubt the game is a cakewalk and I expect Florida will mount a charge at the start which Ohio St will have to contain and then mount its own charge in the second half.
                I can remember very clearly a simular situation in the Rose Bowl quite a few years ago when an undefeated or a 1 lose Ohio St team, I believe, played a 7-4 Stanford team. As the teams lined up to run on the field, the first Stanford player to run out turned around and tried to tackle the rest of his teammates, he was so fired up and I thought to myself, this game may not be a blowout after all, and sure enough, Stanford upset the heavily favourite Buckeyes. From that time on I learned to respect emotion when predicting a game, and I predict Florida will give a great effort against Ohio St and cover the spread and perhaps pull out an upset.
                HC's have never found the answer to over confidence, not even the great ones.
                Lol, my favorite thing about this is how you sort of cover all your bases. Saying it will be closer than expected, or an upset.

Anyways, I think Tressel is a guy who first and foremost focuses on the emotional part of the game. He doesn't let his guys get too high nor does he let them get too low. He'll be preaching, PREACHING about how Florida is better. Over here in Columbus, Kirk Herbstreit everyday on the radio talks about Florida's speed and [sarcastically,] how OSU can't hold up. We're essentially using the motivation of "SEC fans all think the SEC is better than the Big Ten. That Florida is better than us."

Follow Me on Twitter!
                https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

• I don't know.

I mean I think tOSU might have emotion problems... I mean its only the biggest game of their career, and final game of many.

Comment

• florida doesnt have a chance in hell.

OSU-42
                    FLA-17

chris leak throws like 3picks, gets sacked 3times or more

troy smith passes for 3tds, wells gets 2, ginn gets one on a punt return or kickoff

Lionsmack

Originally posted by elway777
                    They should invite Reggie Ball to the Draft just to make him feel uncomfortable.
                    The Lions will sweep the Vikings in 2007.

Comment

• Florida wins by 5. for some reason 26-21 is what i think, but i don't know how you realistically can score 26 pts. i guess 2td's & 2fg's with 1 xpt missed.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYmoney
                        Florida wins by 5. for some reason 26-21 is what i think, but i don't know how you realistically can score 26 pts. i guess 2td's & 2fg's with 1 xpt missed.
                        Happens all the time. 2 TD's, and 4 FG's

The number your scenario adds up to is 19 btw.

Comment

• Originally posted by dcrls
                          florida doesnt have a chance in hell.

OSU-42
                          FLA-17

chris leak throws like 3picks, gets sacked 3times or more

troy smith passes for 3tds, wells gets 2, ginn gets one on a punt return or kickoff
                          Pittman is never shown any love
                          Originally posted by DChess
                          how does it feel when you touch yourself at night knowing you havent been with a girl in a long long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by duckseason
                            Originally posted by NYmoney
                            Florida wins by 5. for some reason 26-21 is what i think, but i don't know how you realistically can score 26 pts. i guess 2td's & 2fg's with 1 xpt missed.
                            Happens all the time. 2 TD's, and 4 FG's

The number your scenario adds up to is 19 btw.
                            3td's. typo.

Comment

• My Prediction:
                              Florida wins 28-24.

Comment

• too many people are underestimating UF. they allowed 13.7 pts, and that was against SEC opponents.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information