No announcement yet.

National Championship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It'll be a closer game than a lot of you think. OSU wins, though.

I'm gonna say... 31-21, with OSU pulling away late.
    The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

When has the favorite won the title game lately? I can't even remember. After the 2003 Fiesta Bowl, in which I thought Miami would thoroughly DESTROY Ohio State, I've learned that nothing is ever a certainty. IF they play up to the ability they are capable of, Florida can hang with the Buckeyes. Athletic wise, Florida will be the best team OSU has faced all season, and they have serious speed at the key positions. IMHO, Harvin is the key to this game if Florida wants to have any chance.

I think Ohio State will win, but honestly, Florida keeping it close, or even possibly winning, isn't that out of the question. This wouldn't be the biggest upset I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by killa3312
        When has the favorite won the title game lately? I can't even remember. After the 2003 Fiesta Bowl, in which I thought Miami would thoroughly DESTROY Ohio State, I've learned that nothing is ever a certainty. IF they play up to the ability they are capable of, Florida can hang with the Buckeyes. Athletic wise, Florida will be the best team OSU has faced all season, and they have serious speed at the key positions. IMHO, Harvin is the key to this game if Florida wants to have any chance.

I think Ohio State will win, but honestly, Florida keeping it close, or even possibly winning, isn't that out of the question. This wouldn't be the biggest upset I've seen.
        Yes, it is.

Comment

Florida!

Comment

Originally posted by yodachu

Yes, it is.
            No, it's not. And, as I said before, if Florida wins, there will of been bigger upsets (i.e. Miami versus OSU in 2003).

Florida has the talent to hang with OSU, don't kid yourself into thinking they don't.

Comment

I love how Florida matches up with OSU, but it's really hard to trust Chris Leak in a big game. I'd probably lean towards Ohio State in a close game, but i'm not setting that in stone yet.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Originally posted by Emmitt Smith
              Donít quit, donít even quit.

Comment

I like Florida, except for QB. Somehow, Smith will find a way to win, Leak will find a way to lose.

Comment

Hmmm.....I don't think it'll be that close at all. Florida's defense doesn't really compare to how good UM was and OSU put up 42 on them. I'll give it to Florida that they have 2 great safeties, but the fact that Florida can't run at all will hurt them

Comment

I'm just happy Florida made the game. I put money on three teams at the beginning of the year to win the NC. Florida, LSU, and ND. Now I can bet the money line on Ohio State to win the game to hedge my bet and win some decent money no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by danman253
                      Originally posted by snuff
                      QB- OSU
                      RB- OSU
                      WR- OSU
                      OL- OSU
                      DL- OSU
                      LB- UF
                      DB- OSU
                      COACH-OSU

Yeah OSU has got this.
                      I hear Florida has SEC SPEED though.
                      yeah meatfour and MagnumGator were sure to bring that up last night as to why they could win
                      Show me where I said anything about SEC speed, pal.
                      Lloyd Carr: "I hope one day we have a system where all the issues are decided on the field."

"Honestly, we've played a lot better teams than them," Florida defensive end Jarvis Moss said. "I could name four or five teams in the SEC that could probably compete with them and play the same type of game we did against them."

Comment

Originally posted by MagnumGator
                        Originally posted by snuff
                        QB- OSU
                        RB- OSU
                        WR- OSU
                        OL- OSU
                        DL- OSU
                        LB- UF
                        DB- OSU
                        COACH-OSU

Yeah OSU has got this.
                        I hear Florida has SEC SPEED though.
                        yeah meatfour and MagnumGator were sure to bring that up last night as to why they could win
                        Show me where I said anything about SEC speed, pal.
                        In a sense they are right though. OSU has never seen athletic DEs this year like Florida has.

Comment

Leak wil throw 3 picks in the first half two for TDs. In the the first half. Meyer will put Tebow in for the second half. Florida makes a late rally but its too little to late. OSU 31 Florida 21.

I'd be shocked if it was this close. Bottom line Leak will lose Florida the game.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                          Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Originally posted by yodachu

Yes, it is.
                            No, it's not. And, as I said before, if Florida wins, there will of been bigger upsets (i.e. Miami versus OSU in 2003).

Florida has the talent to hang with OSU, don't kid yourself into thinking they don't.

No they don't. They do not have the defense to keep OSU in check, and do not have a run game which is the only weakness against oSU (ask Mike hart).

Comment

Florida's defense has kept them in every game this year, it's very good. I'm just saying, after the 2003 Fiesta Bowl, in which I figured OSU had absolutely no shot, I'll never say no team has a chance ever again.

Just don't be surprised if it's a close game, that's all I'm saying. I already said that I expect OSU to win, but by no more than 10.

Comment

Michigan had their defense keep them in every game this year too...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information