No announcement yet.

National Championship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Point is, their are no guarantees, no matter how big of a mismatch it looks like. Athletic wise and speed wise, Florida will be the best team OSU faces all season. Nelson is the best safety in the country, and helps mask Reggie Lewis' defficiencies as a corner, and Florida's front 4 is extremely athletic and quick. Any team that can shut down Arkansas' running game, something even LSU couldn't do, gets props from me.

Everything in this game points to a blowout in OSU's favor, which is exactly why I think it won't be. When was the last time that what was suppose to happen, actually happened in a BCS title game?

Comment

Originally posted by killa3312
      Point is, their are no guarantees, no matter how big of a mismatch it looks like. Athletic wise and speed wise, Florida will be the best team OSU faces all season. Nelson is the best safety in the country, and helps mask Reggie Lewis' defficiencies as a corner, and Florida's front 4 is extremely athletic and quick. Any team that can shut down Arkansas' running game, something even LSU couldn't do, gets props from me.

Everything in this game points to a blowout in OSU's favor, which is exactly why I think it won't be. When was the last time that what was suppose to happen, actually happened in a BCS title game?
      Ohio State was also unbeaten going into that game. And as good a Nelson may be, Leon Hall, the best CB in the country, got killed by OSU, and Nelson can't be everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by danman253

Ohio State was also unbeaten going into that game. And as good a Nelson may be, Leon Hall, the best CB in the country, got killed by OSU, and Nelson can't be everywhere.
        Florida SHOULD be undefeated, as they outplayed Auburn most of the night, but imploded with mistakes and had some questionable calls go against them.

Ohio State's the best team in the country, of this there should be no argument. For some reason though, I think this will be a close game. Don't ask me why, I just do. One of those hunches I suppose.

Of course, then again, I could be way off :)

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10
          In a sense they are right though. OSU has never seen athletic DEs this year like Florida has.
          LaMarr woodley, Ken Iwebema, Tim Crowder, Rondell Biggs....try again

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5
            In a sense they are right though. OSU has never seen athletic DEs this year like Florida has.
            Not to mention Ray McDonald may not play in that game, or at least not be 100%

Comment

Florida SHOULD be undefeated, as they outplayed Auburn most of the night, but imploded with mistakes and had some questionable calls go against them.
              You kid right? Florida should have 2+ loses. 15 turn overs by LSU, Arkansas dropping punts on the 1 and getting rejected punts, and uSC missing 13 FGs.

Comment

OSU should have two losses, against Illinois and Michigan, so they probably will blow it right? You need to get off of that one snuff.

Anyways, I think it's going to be a good game. I'm going to do a write-up next week. It will all consist on getting pressure on the Florida QB, whether Leak or Tebow. Both can be rattled, and we can definitely rattle both. I think their run game is something we can keep more in check than teams like UM and Texas. I'm liking the match-up there. Defensively, I'm not so sure I see a great game for Troy Smith. Reggie Nelson scares me a lot, and I think Tres will switch it up and run the ball hard with Pittman and Beanie.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by MagnumGator
                  Originally posted by snuff
                  QB- OSU
                  RB- OSU
                  WR- OSU
                  OL- OSU
                  DL- OSU
                  LB- UF
                  DB- OSU
                  COACH-OSU

Yeah OSU has got this.
                  I hear Florida has SEC SPEED though.
                  yeah meatfour and MagnumGator were sure to bring that up last night as to why they could win
                  Show me where I said anything about SEC speed, pal.
                  Well I don't appreciate someone attributing cliche "SEC speed" quotes to me when I uttered no such thoughts on the matter.
                  Lloyd Carr: "I hope one day we have a system where all the issues are decided on the field."

"Honestly, we've played a lot better teams than them," Florida defensive end Jarvis Moss said. "I could name four or five teams in the SEC that could probably compete with them and play the same type of game we did against them."

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93
                    OSU should have two losses, against Illinois and Michigan, so they probably will blow it right? You need to get off of that one snuff.
                    Yeah, you really proved me wrong by bringing in teams that tOSU easily handled compared to teams that actually outplayed Florida...

Comment

Originally posted by snuff
                      Originally posted by JBond93
                      Yeah, you really proved me wrong by bringing in teams that tOSU easily handled compared to teams that actually outplayed Florida...
                      I'm just saying, it's over, Florida is in the NC. Time to not debate the past but the future.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                      https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Not to mention Ray McDonald may not play in that game, or at least not be 100%
                        McDonald will not play, wirte it down.

Props to Darnik

Originally posted by CutlerChris
                        Why couldn't Helen Keller drive?

She was a woman.
                        ^^^^^^
                        OMFG LMAO

Comment

[quote="killa3312"]

quote]

No they shouldn't. They lost. They made a mental mistake, and it cost them. Thats why the games are played. You can outplay the team all you want, if you make mistakes, you will lose.I'm sick of hearing the excuses. FLorida was beat, they shouldn't and aren't undefeated, get over it.

Props to Darnik

Originally posted by CutlerChris
                          Why couldn't Helen Keller drive?

She was a woman.
                          ^^^^^^
                          OMFG LMAO

Comment

Neither Woodley and Crowder are as fast as Harvey or Jarvis Moss off the edge. I can't comment on Rondell Biggs because I've only seen him in the OSU/Michigan game in which he looked slow off the ball.

I love how Michigan is just going to debate for OSU to death so that they feels as if they were robbed. Step back and stop being homers, by looking at the game from an outsiders point of view, and not a whiner.

Florida's safeties over the top, assuming Tony Joiner is good to go, are what is going to stop Ohio State's big play threat.

I think the biggest matchup is going to be Florida's defensive line vs. OSU's offensive line and getting pressure on Troy Smith to force mistakes.

Then it will be Chris Wells/Antonio Pittman vs. Florida's front seven and mainly our linebackers. Crum is good in coverage, but not a great tackler. He really has to seal the edge and bounce things back into Siler and Everett.

Designs by Thule

Comment

Hmmmm, I voted for OSU, but I think Florida has a lot better chance than people give them. A couple of things...

- I agree that Reggie Nelson and co. will stop the long passes. Honestly though, its not the long passes that should scare people. How OSU beat Michigan, and what I assume they will try to do somewhat against Florida as well, is exploit the fact that they legitimately go 5 deep at WR, and have a QB who can hit short passes all day. Were I a Florida fan, the image that would scare me is not Ginn running a fly against your best corner with Nelson in help, but Robiskie lining up iso against some nickelback and running a quick slant. OSU can nickle and dime all day- as an added bonus, all the quick passes with a three step drop largely negate the pass rush Florida can bring. I don't know how good your backup corners are, but if you want to win, they better play their asses off.

- I'm not usually a fan of using individual matchups as a way to determine who will win a game, but honestly... the difference between having Troy Smith or having Chris Leak is monstrous. In terms of leadership, composure, and decision making, Smith is in an entirely different league than Leak.

- Desean Wyms needs to play a great game. OSU's run defense is nothing special, and any time you keep their offense off the field is essential. Wyms definately has the talent, but he's underperformed his entire career- he must step up.

- Tim Tebow, as always, is the x factor. Guy could have a biiiig game against OSU's run defense.

I'll write more later... I need dinner.[/b]
                              “Some people try to find things in this game that don't exist but football is only two things - blocking and tackling.”

- Vince Lombardi

Comment

People also underrate the fact, that we may be the deepest team in college football at receiver. We have six guys that can legitimatley make plays.

Jemalle Cornelius
                                Cornelius Ingram
                                Percy Harvin (duel threat)
                                Dallas Baker
                                Andre Caldwell
                                Kestahn Moore (out of the backfield)
                                Tate Casey (in the redzone)

Designs by Thule

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information