Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4pAc
    What if UF beats OSU and UM crushes USC
    UF would take the Nat. Title. AP could crown UM though. BCS wouldn't split anything.

Follow Me on Twitter!
    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93
      Originally posted by yodachu
      As a Michigan fan, what pisses me off is Michigan was #2 on 11-18, and then they were hopped on 11-25 by USC and then people said it would be USC-Ohio St. unless USC got upset by UCLA, and then that happened. And then people said if UCLA beat USC, Michigan will play in the NC. What happened to change their mind? While Michigan was watching games, Florida was playing, so people got to see that. And then, few of the humans put Michigan #4, which *********** up the vote. They are at least #3, and then 1 of them even picked Florida #1, silly bastards. Once again, nothing against Florida, the system is screwy.
      Another thing for Michigan fans to chew on. What if USC would have won? Would Florida have jumped Michigan then? Nope, not even close. UM would have been #3. How does USC losing change who the 2nd best team is?
      I never even thought about that......that is a great point. All the #2 votes woulda went to USC and then none of these votes to prevent a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by snuff
        As a Michigan fan, what pisses me off is Michigan was #2 on 11-18, and then they were hopped on 11-25 by USC and then people said it would be USC-Ohio St. unless USC got upset by UCLA, and then that happened. And then people said if UCLA beat USC, Michigan will play in the NC. What happened to change their mind? While Michigan was watching games, Florida was playing, so people got to see that. And then, few of the humans put Michigan #4, which *********** up the vote. They are at least #3, and then 1 of them even picked Florida #1, silly bastards. Once again, nothing against Florida, the system is screwy.
        A few put Florida #5 though.
        Probably a few Michigan homers and then there were prolly more people voting against Michigan to prevent a rematch.

Comment

Jim Walden, former Washington State coach, put Florida #1... I think.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5
            The national championship was November 18 and Michigan lost. Now Florida gets a shot. If you Michigan fans want a NC, then you should've beaten Ohio State. You didn't, so enjoy the Rose Bowl.
            Great points. People want to see a game in the NC, not a blowout similar to the USC-OU game a couple years back. So what if Michigan already got there chance, Florida can't hang with Ohio St. and every one knows it.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Boston
              The national championship was November 18 and Michigan lost. Now Florida gets a shot. If you Michigan fans want a NC, then you should've beaten Ohio State. You didn't, so enjoy the Rose Bowl.
              Great points. People want to see a game in the NC, not a blowout similar to the USC-OU game a couple years back. So what if Michigan already got there chance, Florida can't hang with Ohio St. and every one knows it.
              I'm pretty sure SEC fans don't know it. I'm pretty sure you'll see Lee Corso and Kirk Herbstreit talking about the speed of the SEC and such. Let's see it.

Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

Florida can hang with OSU if they try to give UF the game like they did with Michigan.

Fact of the matter is, if Florida wins the game, it wouldn't even be the biggest upset in national title game history, or even top 3.

Comment

Originally posted by killa3312
                  Florida can hang with OSU if they try to give UF the game like they did with Michigan.

Fact of the matter is, if Florida wins the game, it wouldn't even be the biggest upset in national title game history, or even top 3.
                  *cough*2002*cough*

Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93
                    Originally posted by killa3312

*cough*2002*cough*
                    2002 Ohio State versus Miami

1983 Miami versus Nebraska

1986 Penn State versus Miami

1991 Alabama versus Miami

Funny how Miami is in every, single one of those games. All those are bigger upsets, and I can probably go back even further if I wanted to. Ohio State's a damn good team, and will probably win this game... I just don't think it will be a blowout, like most here do. That's JMHO.

Comment

• I think the UF-UM argument can be summed up like this
                      The people who wants UM in argument:
                      UF can't hop UM when UM didn't play
                      UM is the second best team because they lost to #1 by 3 away

The people who wants UF:
                      UF had a better year
                      UF won their conference title
                      UM doesn't deserve a rematch and SEC should'nt get screwed again

To me it really comes down to one thing, whether the poll is weeky or at the end of the year. If it's week based there's no way UM should be hopped but if its looked at at the end of the year one could see how UF's better The bottom line is they are trying to pin the two best teams in the nation, not necessarily the most deserving. But a case like this would seem flawed because some will argue that USC is the second best and only sneezed against UCLA. So really you can justify both ways and the argument is never-ending.
                      Which means this would the right choice:

BSU v.s. OSU

Sig by Darnik44two

Lord Favre Is Immortal

Comment

• Originally posted by JBond93
                        Another thing for Michigan fans to chew on. What if USC would have won? Would Florida have jumped Michigan then? Nope, not even close. UM would have been #3. How does USC losing change who the 2nd best team is?
                        That bugs me too. It's stupid.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                        Originally posted by njx9
                        do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Florida, Tim Tebow starts and runs for 800 yards. Final Florida:3 OSU:2

OSU scores a safety from Quinn Pitcock even though the play started at the 43 yard line, he pushed the guard back so far and then got held in the end-zone.

Florida scores a 64 yard field goal as time expires after Tim Tebow runs around for no reason up to mid field from his own 1. Then they get within 64 yard range and kick the winner.

If it happens I will laugh.

Seriously though... OSU: 38 Florida: 17

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Ghost
                            Florida, Tim Tebow starts and runs for 800 yards. Final Florida:3 OSU:2

OSU scores a safety from Quinn Pitcock even though the play started at the 43 yard line, he pushed the guard back so far and then got held in the end-zone.

Florida scores a 64 yard field goal as time expires after Tim Tebow runs around for no reason up to mid field from his own 1. Then they get within 64 yard range and kick the winner.

If it happens I will laugh.

Seriously though... OSU: 38 Florida: 17
                            If that 3-2 thing happens I will post nude pictures of myself runnign through my school

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                            Originally posted by njx9
                            do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• ew

Sig by Darnik44two

Lord Favre Is Immortal

Comment

• Originally posted by killa3312
                                Jim Walden, former Washington State coach, put Florida #1... I think.
                                To quote Walden, “In my heart of hearts, I believe that neither Ohio State or Michigan could get through Florida’s schedule with only one loss.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16044332/from/RS.5/
                                Lloyd Carr: "I hope one day we have a system where all the issues are decided on the field."

"Honestly, we've played a lot better teams than them," Florida defensive end Jarvis Moss said. "I could name four or five teams in the SEC that could probably compete with them and play the same type of game we did against them."

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information