If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
1) Texas Christian University - Both Tommy Blake and Chase Ortiz are day 1 picks (Barring injury). Both have speed and ability to be dominant 3-4 OLB's. They could also be Jevon Kearse like Players IMO. 4-3 DE's that could translate into aggressive and powerful 3-4 OLB's.
2) Iowa - Kenny Iwebema, Bryan Mattison is extremely efficient and deadly. If only Mitch King got some real looks at DE this could be the top tandem.
3) Virginia - Chris Long is showing the playability his father had coming out of college, he's played in a 3-4 but he's a tweener that can be a monster in either scheme. Jeff Fitzgerald is just a beast, and he's young only getting better. If only Long had one more season, this could the toughest duo in NCAA.
4)LSU - Tyson Chandler is just huge. He's got amazing speed for his 6'5 nearly 300lb frame. Add to the fact he has Glenn Dorsey on that line. Add Ricky Jean-Francois and Tremaine Johnson, They're going to have probably the best line in college.
5) Ohio State - Gholston, Wilson and Williams can be thrown at opposing offensive lines without relent. This is going to really cause some issues if they're intact for the 2008 season.
6) Georgia Tech - Oft underrated because they're not nightmare pass rushers, but they're solid and a big reason that Georgia Tech did so well last season. Adamm Oliver and Darrell Robertson is a tough duo that should only progress this season.
7)Miami(FL) - Calais Campbell is huge and athletic and only getting better, Eric Moncur is a very powerful and quick twitch DE. Add Rhyan Anderson and this group is lethal. Barring anyone leaving for the draft, this could be a tough group to top in 2009.
8) Penn State - With an entire Corral of DE talent Aaron Maybin and Maurice Evans are solid, But Eric Latimore is going to be a monster.
9) USC - You can't deny USC this year, they may actually be better known for their defense. Lawrence Jackson who had a 1st-2nd round grade last year, teaming up with Kyle Moore and Alex Morrow. Not to mention Brian Cushing in their 3-4 sets. This defense is set in the defensive 11, well enough to help make that pass rush a nightmare. If voting for best Defensive line.. Hands down it's USC.
3-4: Lo Jack, Sedrick Ellis, Fili Maola
4-3:Lo Jack, Sedrick Ellis, Fili Maola, Kyle Moore. This is going to be the defense to beat in the NCAA.
10) Clemson - Losing Gaines Adams is hard, but Philip Merling and Ricky Sapp could make people forget about him. They're that good, just need time on the field. Not to mention Jamie Cumbie, Who's as big as they get.
Gholston and Wilson at Ohio State are the best I know of. Both of those guys will get at least 8 sacks this year. Robert Rose isn't a starter but he might get somewhere in the neigborhood of 7 or 8 sacks too.
tOSU will have a scary pass rush with Rose and Wilson at ends, Worthingon at UT, and Gholston at rush LB on 3rd downs this fall.