west viriginia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• west viriginia

k i im trying to do a report on WVU... but completly forget what offence they run... and i cant find it on the internet, can anyone help me out here?

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

The Spread

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs

Comment

Spread Option, right?

Comment

They run the No Huddle Spread. Lots of 4 WR sets and Shotgun with a little bit of I mixed in. Very basic stuff. Lots of Zone plays, and some option.
        Free Willie

Comment

why does West Virginia run no huddle? do they do it most of the whole game?

Comment

Does Schmitt(fb) play H-back alot cause hes in a bunch.
            Didn't really sit down and study WVU last year.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by TouchdownUSC View Post
              why does West Virginia run no huddle? do they do it most of the whole game?
              The main reason they run it is to limit defensive substitutions. They feel that having the same defensive personnel in on every down gives them an edge in matchups and conditioning. It isn't as fast paced as some people seem to think. They basically line up in either Trips, Double Slots, or an I and the coach signals in the play and then they run it. White doesn't call the plays at the line. A lot of times they look to slow down and control the tempo instead of speeding it up.

Originally posted by dabears10
              Does Schmitt(fb) play H-back alot cause hes in a bunch.
              Didn't really sit down and study WVU last year.
              He's sort of a hybrid FB/H-Back. He lines up in the Gun with Slaton and White in 2 back sets a lot. He's athletic enough that Rodriguez is confident in giving him the ball on a few dart plays a game out of the 2 back set. He is a good not great blocker but since West Virginia almost never runs leads out of the I he doesn't really show of his run blocking a lot. When there in the I formation the play is usually either FB dive or fake the dive and pitch it out to Slaton going the opposite way (They run this play at least 3 or 4 times a game).
              Free Willie

Comment

Spread Option.

Comment

Awesome Offense
                  my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                  <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                  <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                  <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                  Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                  What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

thanks guys that helps an extreme amount.. haha and agreed, its a wicked offense

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

would get shut down against usc, lsu, mich, osu, tex, etc. (teams with much better athletes)
                      I'm a state.

Comment

Yes, like when Georgia shut them down in their bowl game.

Comment

Originally posted by miketomczak View Post
                          Yes, like when Georgia shut them down in their bowl game.
                          like when louisville shut them down

Comment

if you consider scoring 34, shut down, then yes ul shut them down

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

at the end they were pretty shut down

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information