The Ohio State Buckeyes-2007

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But back to the buckeyes

I know it may not sound like the most solid of sources but my old o-line coach told me he was talking to Fickell and that he said nobody should question this defensive line it's gonna be one of the best. I am so excited to see our defense for this year.

Comment

Worthington, Wilson, and Gholston are all high motor pass rushers who are all really good against the run. I expect all three to be all big ten - Gholston and Doug to be first team possibly. Denlinger is good too, he played a lot as a rFR behind the 3 'Ps': Pitcock, Patterson, and Penton.

Comment

Ohio State will get absolutely man handled in the Wisconsin game. The Badgers defense will be very solid this year and the Buckeyes won't have an answer for PJ Hill or Travis Beckum

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
          Ohio State will get absolutely man handled in the Wisconsin game. The Badgers defense will be very solid this year and the Buckeyes won't have an answer for PJ Hill or Travis Beckum
          Yeaaaaaaaaa don't see that happening. OSU's defense will be one of the top defenses in the country and Wisconsin has no QB. I'd take Beanie Wells over PJ Hill and I hate the Buckeyes

Comment

I think we lose 3 games, no matter what they are. Someone like Illinois MAY pull an upset, but we will upset someone else. We'll have a decent bowl bid

Follow Me on Twitter!
            https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
              I think we lose 3 games, no matter what they are. Someone like Illinois MAY pull an upset, but we will upset someone else. We'll have a decent bowl bid
              Yeah, i think Ohio State will be at a BCS bowl game no doubt.

Comment

Oof, I wouldn't go that far, but Capital One isn't out of the question.

Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

Oof, I wouldn't go that far, but Capital One isn't out of the question.
                  I hate to say this, but like I said earlier OSU could go 11-1. PSU is good, yes, but Anthony Morelli vs. that defense? If I'm the Buckeyes defense I'm salivating. Wisconsin doesn't have a quarterback and is breaking in a new LT. I like OSU to go 11-1, maybe 10-2 with a definite loss to Michigan :)

Comment

The problem? We have multiple night games, against those teams we play poorly against away (i.e. PSU, Minny,) plus Illinois and Northwestern will be improved. Someone will hit us if Beanie gets hurt (as he is prone to do,) or our DTs and line break down. Teams will be able to run on us, we get 3 losses at least.

Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

The problem? We have multiple night games, against those teams we play poorly against away (i.e. PSU, Minny,) plus Illinois and Northwestern will be improved. Someone will hit us if Beanie gets hurt (as he is prone to do,) or our DTs and line break down. Teams will be able to run on us, we get 3 losses at least.
                      If OSU loses 3 games I will throw a massive celebration (as long as one of them is to Michigan :) )I think they have too much talent, but you bring up a valid point

Comment

It's a transition year. I think the guys ARE more hungry due to the loss to Florida, but we lost both DTs, and it will hurt our defense a lot. I'm not thrilled with the offense as all the WRs sound good on paper, but none have shined yet. They will gain experience and have a good streak if they can beat Washington. I'm hoping to head up to the Big House to catch the last game though, I'm ready for ANOTHER win.

Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

It's a transition year. I think the guys ARE more hungry due to the loss to Florida, but we lost both DTs, and it will hurt our defense a lot. I'm not thrilled with the offense as all the WRs sound good on paper, but none have shined yet. They will gain experience and have a good streak if they can beat Washington. I'm hoping to head up to the Big House to catch the last game though, I'm ready for ANOTHER win.
                          Don't count on it :)

Comment

Michigan's defense was kinda soft last year against us even with all those stars (Harris, Hall, Branch, Woodley). I think Beanie Wells will outdo what Jonathan Wells did to scUM in the big stinky house in 2001 and roll over the Wolvies' ver soft defense this year.

To win the game this year our defense can't give up 38 points this time. I think the pass rush of Worthingon, Gholston, Wilson, and Rose will keep Henne quieter than last year, and the fact that Jenkins, Russell, and coleman will be in the defensive backfield instead of Mitchell, O'Neal and Smith will do wonders for our pass D. Hart will get his yards, but I don't think he'll dominate like last year since we have MUCH quicker defensive linemen and more experienced linebackers this year (including 06 Bednarik winner Laurinaitis).

undefeated is definitely possible (more talented team than we had on the 2002 championship team, and possibly even more experienced). 11-1 is more likely though.

Comment

Run D was the biggest weakness last year.

Comment

The offense I'm still iffy about but the more we talk about our defense the higher my hopes get haha. We're going to have to stay healthy on both lines but undefeated is definitely not out of the question. Man I can't wait to see this defense take the field.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information