Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Ohio State Buckeyes-2007

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by JCarver27 View Post
    let me go ahead and fill in the next 10 responses so we can move on:

    jbeans187: Nuh uh
    Purple N Proud: Yes huh
    jbeans187: your mom is misinformed
    Purple N Proud: yours is
    jbeans187: yours is
    Purple N Proud: yours is
    jbeans187: i know you are but what am i
    Purple N Proud: stupid
    jbeans187: i'm rubber you're glue
    Purple N Proud: I'M TELLING!!!!!!


    Back to OSU...
    HAHAHA!!!! Thats awesome


    Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
      Michigan's defense was kinda soft last year against us even with all those stars (Harris, Hall, Branch, Woodley). I think Beanie Wells will outdo what Jonathan Wells did to scUM in the big stinky house in 2001 and roll over the Wolvies' ver soft defense this year.

      To win the game this year our defense can't give up 38 points this time. I think the pass rush of Worthingon, Gholston, Wilson, and Rose will keep Henne quieter than last year, and the fact that Jenkins, Russell, and coleman will be in the defensive backfield instead of Mitchell, O'Neal and Smith will do wonders for our pass D. Hart will get his yards, but I don't think he'll dominate like last year since we have MUCH quicker defensive linemen and more experienced linebackers this year (including 06 Bednarik winner Laurinaitis).

      undefeated is definitely possible (more talented team than we had on the 2002 championship team, and possibly even more experienced). 11-1 is more likely though.
      Ah don't count on another Bednarik for James L. I don't see so many turnovers falling into his lap this year. Pretty overrated LB. Yeah, the DEs are improved, but the middle of the line, where Hart gets most of its yardage, has some fresh faces. I say 135 and 3 for Hart, Michigan wins. Either way, should be a damn good game as always

      Comment


      • #33
        The middle of the Buckeyes' line has had big slow interior run stuffers who were better than anything you can ask for when a team ran it straight up the middle......but Mike Hart lives and dies on the stretch plays and off tackle stuff. Worthington and Denlinger with their quick hands and great mobility off the ball will be more effective in that kind of run defense.

        JL had 5 sacks and 5 INTs, mostly in big games. Not to mention he got like 10 tackles a game. He was a little bit overated, but if he can shed more blocks this year then he should be beyond the Bednarik and closer to the Butkus or Lombardi (it's silly how no one ever wins more than one of each). Great players seem to make their own luck I think

        Comment


        • #34
          I think James does end up with a down year statistically, but he will still contribute a lot. Saying we'd go undefeated is ridiculous. We have a QB with very little in game experience, Beanie isn't Maurice Clarett, and there is still some flux in our DTs and WRs. We're facing an improved Big Ten, at night, away a lot. It won't be a 0 or 1 loss season...


          Follow Me on Twitter!
          https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
            I think James does end up with a down year statistically, but he will still contribute a lot. Saying we'd go undefeated is ridiculous. We have a QB with very little in game experience, Beanie isn't Maurice Clarett, and there is still some flux in our DTs and WRs. We're facing an improved Big Ten, at night, away a lot. It won't be a 0 or 1 loss season...
            why can't you just be more optimistic? I mean you don't have to say we will win the NC but saying we could lose to Illinois? Cmon

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
              I think James does end up with a down year statistically, but he will still contribute a lot. Saying we'd go undefeated is ridiculous. We have a QB with very little in game experience, Beanie isn't Maurice Clarett, and there is still some flux in our DTs and WRs. We're facing an improved Big Ten, at night, away a lot. It won't be a 0 or 1 loss season...
              Craig Krenzel had 2 starts going into 2002, but other than that he was very inexperienced. Boeckman has been in the system for basically 4 years since he grayshirted and then redshirted, yet is only a junior. I wouldn't worry about our DTs if I were you, they will be inexperienced but very very talented. WR won't be what it has been, but Robiskie and Hartline saw a lot of PT last year and looked good; Small might suprise and emerge this year. Beanie was the #1 recruit in the class of 2006 out of high school, he has more potential than anyone on the team. He would've had like 1500 yards last year if Pittman didn't exist. Wells is gonna be our best player this year. Our schedule isn't that hard relatively speaking, 0 to 1 losses is very possible

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                The middle of the Buckeyes' line has had big slow interior run stuffers who were better than anything you can ask for when a team ran it straight up the middle......but Mike Hart lives and dies on the stretch plays and off tackle stuff. Worthington and Denlinger with their quick hands and great mobility off the ball will be more effective in that kind of run defense.

                JL had 5 sacks and 5 INTs, mostly in big games. Not to mention he got like 10 tackles a game. He was a little bit overated, but if he can shed more blocks this year then he should be beyond the Bednarik and closer to the Butkus or Lombardi (it's silly how no one ever wins more than one of each). Great players seem to make their own luck I think
                Hart also has the luxury of running behind the best lineman in America. I don't know if Worthington and Denlinger can handle him. Matter of fact the whole Michigan O-line is pretty damn good. Nevertheless, I would never expect a blowout either way, but I'm leaning towards Michigan because of the O firepower and the fact that the game is in Ann Arbor

                Comment


                • #38
                  Yeah, no one's saying Michigan isn't supposed to win that game, I'm just saying that OSU has a really great shot and I can see exactly how we'd win if that happens. Not sure who I think will win that game yet though, too soon to tell since Michigan lost their defense and OSU lost their offense from 06.

                  But what I was pointing out is that Hart probably won't have a hayday running all the stretch plays this year because the Buckeye D-Line will be quick laterally and good run defenders for smaller guys. If Hart has a big day it would be between the tackles, which is not his forte. So UM's offense probably won't be as good in this game unless the DBs choke.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                    Yeah, no one's saying Michigan isn't supposed to win that game, I'm just saying that OSU has a really great shot and I can see exactly how we'd win if that happens. Not sure who I think will win that game yet though, too soon to tell since Michigan lost their defense and OSU lost their offense from 06.

                    But what I was pointing out is that Hart probably won't have a hayday running all the stretch plays this year because the Buckeye D-Line will be quick laterally and good run defenders for smaller guys. If Hart has a big day it would be between the tackles, which is not his forte. So UM's offense probably won't be as good in this game unless the DBs choke.
                    You kidding me? Mike Hart is an animal between the tackles. A guy his size is not supposed to be running inside, but dude loves contact and he breaks so many tackles. The first guy almost never gets him. But yes, OSU has a good chance to win. And your DB point is well taken, but who will you have matched up vs. Arrington (assuming he plays)

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                      Ohio State is gonna be loaded on defense this year moreso than last year. Unlike last year the Ohio State safeties will be a strength, not a weakness.
                      Speaking up safeties you know that recruit we got, Rocco Pentello?

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by OhioState View Post
                        why can't you just be more optimistic? I mean you don't have to say we will win the NC but saying we could lose to Illinois? Cmon
                        we could lose to illinois. i applaud JBond. i'm sick of all the homers from other schools out there who swear up and down that they could never lose to __________. it applies just as much to my favorite school, too.

                        did you think we'd lose to NW in 04?

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          I definitely thought there was a chance after we barely squeaked by Marshall that we could lose. We were a BAD team in 2004, mostly as a result of the off-field incidents post 2002 caused by Clarett and a few others.

                          2007 is completely different sorry to say. Can we lose to Illinois? Sure. Would I count on it, or even say there is a good chance? No. They're 1 year off from being a real talented team. They'll definitely surprise a few big 10 teams this year however. They have some talent for sure.


                          The 2007 OSU Michigan game won't come down to OSU's defense, or Michigan's defense. For both of these teams respectively, those are the sure things to be rock solid. The game will come down to which unit of OSU's offense, or Michigan's D will come together faster and put together a better final product.


                          And by the way Keylime, why are you so high on Worthington? Not saying he's a bad player, but Denlinger is the better guy as a DT. I like Worthington, but our 2 best defensive linemen play the defensive end spots in Lawrence Wilson and Vernon.


                          FWIW, I'm not all that worried about OSU's offense aside from the quarterback position. Quarterback doesn't have me worried as I'm confident whoever starts will play well, but inexperience always hurts. See Colt Mccoy last year. He played great throughout the year and has an awesome future, but his inexperience hurt him.


                          Who will be the breakout offensive stars for OSU in 2007? Take this FWIW. I'm not going to give you the obvious guys IE chris wells. If I'm picking two guys, I'm taking Brian Robiskie and Devon Lyons. Neither of them are going to be absolutely dominant top 5 pick type receivers, but I can see both of them being very solid mid-first round picks as receivers. Not only that, but they both have some real good size as they're both 6'3 or taller with great hands. Furthermore, the big receiver idea really works well in a power oriented offense built around chris wells.

                          Ray Small will have some flashes and get good amount of yards next year, but I don't think he'll be a full time starter, but rather a 3rd or 4th receiver, then starting punt/kick returner. Look out for him in the future however.
                          Browns & Buckeyes <3

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by gstock05 View Post
                            Who will be the breakout offensive stars for OSU in 2007? Take this FWIW. I'm not going to give you the obvious guys IE chris wells. If I'm picking two guys, I'm taking Brian Robiskie and Devon Lyons. Neither of them are going to be absolutely dominant top 5 pick type receivers, but I can see both of them being very solid mid-first round picks as receivers. Not only that, but they both have some real good size as they're both 6'3 or taller with great hands. Furthermore, the big receiver idea really works well in a power oriented offense built around chris wells.

                            Ray Small will have some flashes and get good amount of yards next year, but I don't think he'll be a full time starter, but rather a 3rd or 4th receiver, then starting punt/kick returner. Look out for him in the future however.
                            Robiski is a god. Someone I think Ginn's dad said that Robiski was more explosive than Ginn.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              i thought ginn sr. said ray small was a more explosive athlete then teddy, i dunno about you guys but right now i'm kinda sick of hearing sr. talk so much for his son. i know it's wonderful all he does for kids up in the cleveland area but it seems like he's just trying to stay in the spotlight.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Worthington is a beast, man. He's gonna play probably 6-7/295 or so and he has very strong arms and hands, and very long arms so his long height probably won't be a problem in the leverage department. He has maybe the highest motor of any DLineman we've got, and he is a matchup nightmare in the passrush for OGs/Centers. I'm looking forward to seeing how well he penetrates this year. Probably the most athletic DT we've starter here at Ohio State in a long time. He'll remind us of a poor man's Richard Seymour type on the inside. I can't wait to see if/when he has a breakout year this year. The reports from the coaches are very promising regarding Doug.

                                On offense I think Robiskie and Wells of course will breakout, and I think Ben Person is gonna prove to be one of the best guards in the big ten his junior. I heard that he was pushing TJ downing for playing time last year since he came along so well. It would really help our offense out tremendously if Small breaks out.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information