The Ohio State Buckeyes-2007

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Purple N Proud View Post
    i thought ginn sr. said ray small was a more explosive athlete then teddy, i dunno about you guys but right now i'm kinda sick of hearing sr. talk so much for his son. i know it's wonderful all he does for kids up in the cleveland area but it seems like he's just trying to stay in the spotlight.
    You and me both. Didn't he say that Gonzalez was faster than Ginn too?

Comment

Originally posted by Phrost View Post
      You and me both. Didn't he say that Gonzalez was faster than Ginn too?
      Who's got the inside track at QB for you guys?

Comment

I definitely thought there was a chance after we barely squeaked by Marshall that we could lose. We were a BAD team in 2004, mostly as a result of the off-field incidents post 2002 caused by Clarett and a few others.

2007 is completely different sorry to say. Can we lose to Illinois? Sure. Would I count on it, or even say there is a good chance? No. They're 1 year off from being a real talented team. They'll definitely surprise a few big 10 teams this year however. They have some talent for sure.
        did you think we would lose to NW in 04 before the season started?

Comment

Ted ginn sr. was talking about Ray Small, not Robiskie.

Second, Ginn sr. is infamous as a promoter. Sometimes he might say a hyperbole here or there to get attention to a recruit. Ray Small is a different type player than Ginn. Probably closer to Santonio Holmes than Ginn, although he's ideally a cross between the two.

Worthington is a beast, man. He's gonna play probably 6-7/295 or so and he has very strong arms and hands, and very long arms so his long height probably won't be a problem in the leverage department. He has maybe the highest motor of any DLineman we've got, and he is a matchup nightmare in the passrush for OGs/Centers. I'm looking forward to seeing how well he penetrates this year. Probably the most athletic DT we've starter here at Ohio State in a long time. He'll remind us of a poor man's Richard Seymour type on the inside. I can't wait to see if/when he has a breakout year this year. The reports from the coaches are very promising regarding Doug.
          And you know this from the one spring game he's played in, and didn't do a whole lot? I'm just curious what you're basing your opinion off of.

Worthington will be a good interior pass rusher, but he hasn't even won the job over Dexter Larimore yet. His run stopping ability has me a bit worried, but I think he'll be a very good player in time.
          Browns & Buckeyes <3

Comment

Based on what the coaching staff has been saying about Doug and the reports I've heard from insiders he is far ahead of Larimore as far as winning the job at DT. There's more that goes on than just the spring game, and he even played well in that.

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
              Who's got the inside track at QB for you guys?
              Todd Boeckmen

anyway, Doug Worthington switched inside from DE which means he would be fourth on the depth chart at DE so take that as you will. I really do hope though that he bulks up and can stop the run because if he can then he will be beast.

Comment

I don't understand OSU's inability to snap a top flight QB recruit...like a 5 star.

Comment

Doug isn't as great of an edge pass rusher as guys like WIlson, Rose, and gholston are, but from the inside he is so strong and quick he creates a mismatch. If Coleman moves back to CB he would be 3rd on that depth chart instead of being the team's #1 safety like he is, so what's your point? Doug is our David Patterson/Darrion Scott type player this year, but bigger and better at the pass rush and not as much of an interior run stuffer as the other 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Phrost View Post
                    I don't understand OSU's inability to snap a top flight QB recruit...like a 5 star.
                    Not many schools do that very often. Michigan has done it twice in the past 10 years with Henne and Mallett. USC does it every year basically. Texas does it every once and a while, etc. I'll take a Troy Smith over Henne or Mallett any day of the week.

Anyway, after this year that streak will probably come to an end if we snatch Terrelle Pryor- which the experts say is likely.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                      Not many schools do that very often. Michigan has done it twice in the past 10 years with Henne and Mallett. USC does it every year basically. Texas does it every once and a while, etc. I'll take a Troy Smith over Henne or Mallett any day of the week.

Anyway, after this year that streak will probably come to an end if we snatch Terrelle Pryor- which the experts say is likely.
                      Drew Henson was BIG BIG BIG time. Tom Brady was also a top prospect as was Brian Griese (going back a bit here). Can't remember Navarre's status. And the guy that was on the bench in 05 (Gui something can't spell his name) was also a top QB prospect but couldn't beat out Henne.

USC has had an amazing run lately with Palmer, Leinart, Booty, Sanchez, Corp and now Mustain.

With Texas the only big time guys I can think off are Vince Young and Chris Simms.

Florida State has got elite prospects over the past few years but pretty much all of them on the offensive side of the ball have been busts.

Comment

Forgot Drew Henson. He was 5 star, but he sucked anyways, so that doesn't matter. Brady was a 4 star type recruit, not a big 5 star guy (even though they didn't really have stars back then)

Comment

Originally posted by sodar21 View Post
                          Drew Henson was BIG BIG BIG time. Tom Brady was also a top prospect as was Brian Griese (going back a bit here). Can't remember Navarre's status. And the guy that was on the bench in 05 (Gui something can't spell his name) was also a top QB prospect but couldn't beat out Henne.

USC has had an amazing run lately with Palmer, Leinart, Booty, Sanchez, Corp and now Mustain.

With Texas the only big time guys I can think off are Vince Young and Chris Simms.

Florida State has got elite prospects over the past few years but pretty much all of them on the offensive side of the ball have been busts.
                          Matt Gutierrez is the guy you're looking for. Now on the Patriots. Just FYI

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information