The Ohio State Buckeyes-2007

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ohio State Buckeyes-2007

Now that Spring ball is in the books we can all forget about that ugly nc game and focus on next year. I know it's late but I still sometimes can't believe we didn't win that game. Whatever.

What do all you guys think of the new bucks?
    Personally I see:
    Youngstown St: W
    Akron: W
    Washington: W (at Seattle at night makes for an interesting scenario though, I don't think this one is the gimme many seem to think)
    Northwestern: W
    Minnesota: W
    Purdue: W
    Kent St: W
    Michigan St: W
    Penn St: L (flashbacks to a horrible 2005 outing at Penn State)
    Wisconsin: L (really more of a toss-up then penn st, i think wisconsin has as many question marks as we do)
    Illinois: W
    Michigan: W (As long as it could be close, I'll never say I think Michigan will be us.)
    So I'm thinking we'll be somewhere between 8-4 to 10-2 or so. There's always the chance of a team coming out of nowhere to stun us, and I think the records gonna be closer to 8-4.

I like our defense this year. Everyone questions our defensive line, especially our DT's. The DE's are gonna be beastly with Wilson and Gholston holding it up, and Rose coming in. One I think could surprise is Dexter Larimore. I know right now Denlinger and Worthington have the inside track, but I bet Dex ends up not just in the rotation but a starter. The LB's will be ridiculously talented and loaded with depth, and the defensive backfield should be just fine.

The offense has questions, but everyone knew it was coming. It could be a tough year for some Buckeye fans, longing for the Air It Out, Run up the scoreboard days of yesteryear. I think we'll be a lot more conservative, even to the point where Tressel-Ball makes its way back into our vocabularies. Nothing wrong with that though. If all we need is Beanie and Trapasso, so be it. I'm worried about the line (I know several starters were out during the spring), but if all else fails hey we got 3 good ones coming in 2008.

Overall, another solid year from the Bucks. It may be a disappointment to those expecting BCS every year, but it happens. We certainly have the talent to make another exciting run like last year.

i agree 100 percent with your list but id put another question mark by michigan as that could really be a toss up too. id say michigan has the edge but i think ohio state with beanie wells and a strong defense is capable of pulling off a win but they have to play a pretty much a perfect game. i personally think michigan will win but it will be extremely close again

Comment

Originally posted by TouchdownUSC View Post
      i agree 100 percent with your list but id put another question mark by michigan as that could really be a toss up too. id say michigan has the edge but i think ohio state with beanie wells and a strong defense is capable of pulling off a win but they have to play a pretty much a perfect game. i personally think michigan will win but it will be extremely close again
      I'll believe Chad Henne can beat OSU when I see it.

Sig by gbpackers0065

Chicago Bears: NFC Champions

Comment

Originally posted by NickBam View Post
        I'll believe Chad Henne can beat OSU when I see it.
        Chad Henne has the same winning percentage against Ohio State as every QB on Ohio State's roster has against Michigan. Secondly, I find it funny you fault Chad Henne for Michigan struggles. Do you remember in 2005 when Henne had one of his best game statistically of the season against Ohio State? Also, did you forget Henne putting up 267 yards, 2 TD, and 0 INT and his second best game of the season on that great Ohio State defense last year? Chad Henne has not been the reason for Michigan's struggles against Ohio State. Infact, Henne is one of the few Michigan players to elevate his performance during the big game.

Comment

I don't see us losing to Penn State. I think we will be looking for revenge for the whiteout and will put a whallop on them

Comment

i thought hennie was Michigan's the most impressive player in last years ohio state-michigan game. he did a great job overall

Comment

Ohio State is gonna be loaded on defense this year moreso than last year. Unlike last year the Ohio State safeties will be a strength, not a weakness. And word has it that Larry Grant is looking great as the SLB. Hopefully a plattoon of he and Curtis Terry at sam, plus Marcus Freeman and Ross Homan at will should put the LBs as one of the best units in the land.

Doug Worthingon (6-7/285) is gonna be all big ten this year barring injury. You can write that one down. He's the 3rd best D-Lineman on the Bucks behind Gholston and WIlson. Robert Rose is a beast. I think Ohio State beats Michigan will Beanie Wells on the road, but probably loses to PSU or Wisconsin :( and goes to the Rose Bowl.

Comment

Illinois will upset Ohio St.

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                  Ohio State is gonna be loaded on defense this year moreso than last year. Unlike last year the Ohio State safeties will be a strength, not a weakness. And word has it that Larry Grant is looking great as the SLB. Hopefully a plattoon of he and Curtis Terry at sam, plus Marcus Freeman and Ross Homan at will should put the LBs as one of the best units in the land.

Doug Worthingon (6-7/285) is gonna be all big ten this year barring injury. You can write that one down. He's the 3rd best D-Lineman on the Bucks behind Gholston and WIlson. Robert Rose is a beast. I think Ohio State beats Michigan will Beanie Wells on the road, but probably loses to PSU or Wisconsin :( and goes to the Rose Bowl.
                  I am really hoping that Worthington will make the transition to DT well. We really need someone on the inside to step up as we are stacked at DE

Comment

Originally posted by Purple N Proud View Post
                    Now that Spring ball is in the books we can all forget about that ugly nc game and focus on next year. I know it's late but I still sometimes can't believe we didn't win that game. Whatever.

What do all you guys think of the new bucks?
                    Personally I see:
                    Washington: W (at Seattle at night makes for an interesting scenario though, I don't think this one is the gimme many seem to think)
                    Northwestern: W
                    Penn St: L (flashbacks to a horrible 2005 outing at Penn State)
                    Wisconsin: L (really more of a toss-up then penn st, i think wisconsin has as many question marks as we do)
                    Michigan: W (As long as it could be close, I'll never say I think Michigan will be us.)
                    So I'm thinking we'll be somewhere between 8-4 to 10-2 or so. There's always the chance of a team coming out of nowhere to stun us, and I think the records gonna be closer to 8-4.

I like our defense this year. Everyone questions our defensive line, especially our DT's. The DE's are gonna be beastly with Wilson and Gholston holding it up, and Rose coming in. One I think could surprise is Dexter Larimore. I know right now Denlinger and Worthington have the inside track, but I bet Dex ends up not just in the rotation but a starter. The LB's will be ridiculously talented and loaded with depth, and the defensive backfield should be just fine.

The offense has questions, but everyone knew it was coming. It could be a tough year for some Buckeye fans, longing for the Air It Out, Run up the scoreboard days of yesteryear. I think we'll be a lot more conservative, even to the point where Tressel-Ball makes its way back into our vocabularies. Nothing wrong with that though. If all we need is Beanie and Trapasso, so be it. I'm worried about the line (I know several starters were out during the spring), but if all else fails hey we got 3 good ones coming in 2008.

Overall, another solid year from the Bucks. It may be a disappointment to those expecting BCS every year, but it happens. We certainly have the talent to make another exciting run like last year.
                    Washington: W
                    Penn St: W Anthony Morelli vs. the OSU defense?????? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
                    Wisconsin: W I think Wisco has a good chance of being the #1 Most Overrated Team this year. They played nobody except for Michigan and Arkansas, and yes, they did beat Arkansas, but they lost by 2 touchdowns to U-M.
                    Michigan: L No possible way Henne leaves AA with an 0-4 record vs. OSU. OSU's defense couldn't stop Hart last year and they won't be able to this year. Granted, I'm a Michigan fan.
                    On the flip side, OSU's defense is very, very, very good. I just don't see enough out of their offense to make me think they will be able to have enough firepower to beat Michigan @ Michigan. They lost three of their top wideouts, best two return men, a Heisman winning quarterback, and because of this I don't expect them to win vs. Michigan.

Comment

Originally posted by jbeans187 View Post
                      Illinois will upset Ohio St.
                      LOL. Good one
                      Browns & Buckeyes <3

Comment

Originally posted by gstock05 View Post
                        LOL. Good one
                        Im serious

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs

Comment

Originally posted by jbeans187 View Post
                          Im serious
                          Seriously misinformed

Comment

let me go ahead and fill in the next 10 responses so we can move on:

jbeans187: Nuh uh
                            Purple N Proud: Yes huh
                            jbeans187: your mom is misinformed
                            Purple N Proud: yours is
                            jbeans187: yours is
                            Purple N Proud: yours is
                            jbeans187: i know you are but what am i
                            Purple N Proud: stupid
                            jbeans187: i'm rubber you're glue
                            Purple N Proud: I'M TELLING!!!!!!

Back to OSU...

Comment