2015 Canes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fresssh View Post
    Not really random names, these guys still have plenty of time to be recruited. You asked me the same question when I brought up Jon Ragoo and said we arent connected to him in anyway and he wont be a Miami player, now he is on your other top targets list. You said the same thing about Jeff Luc and now he is one of our top recruits. Also like when you told me I was crazy to say Ogletree and Mathis were Miami leans. But Im just passing the info I hear. Beck is trying to get recruited by Miami, and wants to come down for a visit , grew up a Miami fan and just talks about how he is not that interested in USC. I heard hes going to play corner which I thought he looked really good at, and we need corners.
    -Ragoo wasnt being recruited at the time. And let's be honest, you threw out Ravone Carter, Richard Leonard and I believe one other name. Ragoo was the only one that stuck.

-Luc was always being recruited. I just said never liked the film I saw on him and I personally didn't think he was worth it. Obviously the outstanding SR film changed my thoughts there. But he's been in the picture since day 1.

-Ogletree is still an uphill battle with UGA. I dont care if he calls us his leader. He might be considered a Miami lean by most but he is a tough pull either way. Seen these play out way too much to consider him a lean myself. Unless he commit to us ala Nix (who will worry me til the end) I will never consider these kids ours. Did you not see how everything went down with Will Campbell and Marcus Hall last year.

-Mathis is not a Miami lean. He's a Michigan lean if anything. We are his dream school. Not the school he's leaning to. Not anymore anyways. We are number 2 but frankly, I'll be surprised if he's not in maize and blue by this time next year.

-What I'm asking is where your getting these names? They are barely on the radar if at all. They must come from somewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by fresssh View Post
      Not really random names, these guys still have plenty of time to be recruited. You asked me the same question when I brought up Jon Ragoo and said we arent connected to him in anyway and he wont be a Miami player, now he is on your other top targets list. You said the same thing about Jeff Luc and now he is one of our top recruits. Also like when you told me I was crazy to say Ogletree and Mathis were Miami leans. But Im just passing the info I hear. Beck is trying to get recruited by Miami, and wants to come down for a visit , grew up a Miami fan and just talks about how he is not that interested in USC. I heard hes going to play corner which I thought he looked really good at, and we need corners.
      We have Beck's good friend and teammate, but beck knows he'll get no PT here at any posistion. He's fast and nimble, CB would be his best fit (IMO).

Comment

• I have a good feeling about Ogletree. It sounds like location is not a big deal to him and he really likes our tradition, NFL history, etc. Just seems like a Cane type of player, like Vaughn Telemaque.

Then again this could just be me being optimistic because I love his film and I think he'll be a stud. He looks like a rangy Arthur Brown on tape.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I will never be sold on OOS players. I dont care if they say we lead or we are the dream school or any of that. At the end of the day, its easier for them to pick the home school.

FWIW by buddy says Earl Little has been around alot so far this year. He is the DC at Central and my buddy says he getting pretty heavily involved in the recruitments of Gainer, Godfrey and Reese. My buddy says if show the interest back, they are done to us. Makes sense to me seeing as Gainer suddenly has the new interest in us that wasnt there before.

FWIW, Godfrey isnt being recruited very hard is Reese is a backup plan after guys like Harris, Dunbar, McCartney, Wright and maybe 1-2 others.

Also heard our staff wants to pass on Gore. They are willing to take him if they have to but they are aiming higher. Clements seems to be the main target but the next batch includes Gainer and Bernard. They staff is hoping to not have to settle on Gore or Johnson.

How sweet it is to have a fallback like Gore. I love his upside as a big play speedster in certain packages next to all the big backs we are bringing in. Hope we dont make the mistake on passing even if we land Clements and Bernard/Gainer. Luckily with him wanting in so badly and being a legacy, chances are he will be here.

Comment

• Oh and is anyone going to the spring game Saturday?

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
              I will never be sold on OOS players. I dont care if they say we lead or we are the dream school or any of that. At the end of the day, its easier for them to pick the home school.

FWIW by buddy says Earl Little has been around alot so far this year. He is the DC at Central and my buddy says he getting pretty heavily involved in the recruitments of Gainer, Godfrey and Reese. My buddy says if show the interest back, they are done to us. Makes sense to me seeing as Gainer suddenly has the new interest in us that wasnt there before.

FWIW, Godfrey isnt being recruited very hard is Reese is a backup plan after guys like Harris, Dunbar, McCartney, Wright and maybe 1-2 others.

Also heard our staff wants to pass on Gore. They are willing to take him if they have to but they are aiming higher. Clements seems to be the main target but the next batch includes Gainer and Bernard. They staff is hoping to not have to settle on Gore or Johnson.

How sweet it is to have a fallback like Gore. I love his upside as a big play speedster in certain packages next to all the big backs we are bringing in. Hope we dont make the mistake on passing even if we land Clements and Bernard/Gainer. Luckily with him wanting in so badly and being a legacy, chances are he will be here.
              Nice update, thanks.

I know Reese is a backup plan, and that was my concern with the 3 as they want to play together and Reese is the odd man out. I really wouldn't mind taking him as a package deal because I like Godfrey and Gainer (more than most). Those 2 guys are main targets imo.

I'm not a big fan of Gore. I hope he is a backup plan and we go for Gainer/Bernard over him.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• New mock class:

QB- Jeffery Godfrey, Miami (FL) Central (4* Rivals 250)
                Other Options: Michael Strauss, Miami (FL) Gulliver, Turner Baty, Ft. Lauderdale (FL) St. Thomas Aquinas

RB- Eduardo Clements, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington (4* Rivals250), Brandon Gainer, Miami (FL) Central (4* Rivals250), Jahkari Gore, Miami (FL) Columbus (4* Rivals250)
                Other Options: Giovanni Bernard, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (4* Rivals250), DeAndre Johnson, Opa Locka (FL) Pace

WR- Ivan McCartney, Miramar (FL) Miramar (4* Rivals100), Michael Lee Harris, Miami (FL) Northwestern (4* Rivals100), Quinton Dunbar, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington (4* Rivals250)
                Other Options: Joshua Reese, Miami (FL) Central (4* Rivals100), James Louis, Deerfield Beach (FL) Atlantic), Kenny Shaw, Orlando (FL) Dr Phillips

TE- Zach Allen, Pahokee (FL) Pahokee, Lynden Trail, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington (4* Rivals250)
                Other Options: Charles Fashaw, Miami (FL) Northwestern, Kevin Haplea, Annandale (NJ) North Hunterdon

OL- Shane McDermott, Wellington (FL) Palm Beach Central, Brandon Linder, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (4* Rivals250), Torrian Wilson, Miami (FL) Northwestern (4* Rivals 250), Tavadis Glenn, Jacksonville (FL) Terry Parker (4* Rivals250), Jonathan Ragoo, Opa Locka (FL) Pace
                Other Options: Evan Washington, DeSoto (TX) DeSoto, Jose Jose, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington, Colton Odom, Rockledge (FL) Rockledge

DT- Todd Chandler, Miami (FL) Northwestern (4* Rivals250), Louis Nix, Jacksonville (FL) Raines HS (4* Rivals250)
                Other Options: Calvin Smith, Hialeah (FL) Hialeah, Ego Ferguson, Frederick (MD) St Johns Catholic Prep (4* Rivals100)

DE- Corey Lemonier, Hialeah (FL) Hialeah (4* Rivals100)
                Other Options: Will Gholston, Detriot (MI) Southeastern

LB- Alec Olgetree, Newnan (GA) Newnan (4* Rivals100), Jeff Luc, Port Saint Lucie (FL) Treasure Coast (5* Rivals100), Tyrone Cornelius, Stone Mountain (GA) Stephenson
                Other Options: Rashad Gaitor, Miami (FL) Northwestern, Khari Fortt, Stamford (CT) Stamford

CB- Tony Grimes, Hollywood (FL) Hollywood Hills, Khalid Marshall, Miami (FL) Northwestern, Terrenence Brooks, Dunnellon (FL) Dunnellon
                Other Options:Cody Riggs, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas, Dior Mathis, Detroit (MI) Cass Tech (4* Rivals250), LeMarcus Joyner, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (5* Rivals100), Peniel Jean, Wellington (FL) Palm Beach Central

S- Brian Robinson, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (3*)
                Other Options: Demar Dorsey, Lauderdale Lakes (FL) Boyd Anderson

K- Oscar Diaz, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington
                Other Options: Mike Palardy, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquins
                Last edited by JoeyJr09; 03-23-2009, 03:08 PM.

Comment

• Trail is gonna be used as a TE at miami?

Comment

• Its not 100 but the plan seems to be using him as a pass catching TE after a RS year to bulk up and learn the offensive schemes.

Comment

• What about Charles Fashaw? Looks like he has a chance to be a productive college player to me, plus his is from MNW. That pretty much means he is a lock to come to us, if we want him. I like the way he plays and feel he could be the best TE on that list.

Comment

• Originally posted by tolnaballa View Post
                        What about Charles Fashaw? Looks like he has a chance to be a productive college player to me, plus his is from MNW. That pretty much means he is a lock to come to us, if we want him. I like the way he plays and feel he could be the best TE on that list.
                        Can you expound on your statement that you like the way he plays? How does he play and did you honestly see him/know who he was as a Sophomore in HS which was the last time he has played football?

I like the class Joey, but what about Devon Wright as a RB? I hope he is not completely off the radar for us..Seems like the kind of guy who even if we have a numbers crunch at RB could be an elite level special teams guy and provide depth at a LB or FB spot.

Comment

• I'm disappointed that you're not hearing much on Tai-ler Jones. I think he'd make a great corner. His short area quickness is outstanding and he has some nice hits from the CB position, not to mention his insane jukes on offense. He looks like Brandon Flowers with more athleticism.

What about Michael Thornton (Cornelius' teammate)? Funny how 2 secondary option DTs who claim offers are teammates of higher priority defensive recruits.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                            Can you expound on your statement that you like the way he plays? How does he play and did you honestly see him/know who he was as a Sophomore in HS which was the last time he has played football?

I like the class Joey, but what about Devon Wright as a RB? I hope he is not completely off the radar for us..Seems like the kind of guy who even if we have a numbers crunch at RB could be an elite level special teams guy and provide depth at a LB or FB spot.

He was hurt his junior year, I seen his numbers at the Miami Combine they looked pretty solid. I just want the best for Miami, just as much as you Hollywood. I am only stating my opinion. I think he could be a great pass catching TE for us. He is obviously transferring to MNW, so he can help put his name on the map and play for a top college producing high school in the whole nation. The reason he is transferring is because he wants to prove he can play at that level.

Comment

• Originally posted by tolnaballa View Post
                              He was hurt his junior year, I seen his numbers at the Miami Combine they looked pretty solid. I just want the best for Miami, just as much as you Hollywood. I am only stating my opinion. I think he could be a great pass catching TE for us. He is obviously transferring to MNW, so he can help put his name on the map and play for a top college producing high school in the whole nation. The reason he is transferring is because he wants to prove he can play at that level.
                              I was just wondering because you said you liked the way he plays and that he could be the best, so maybe you knew something about him...not much is known about him except the good combine numbers.

Comment

• Are you hearing anything on any of the TE prospects? The only two I have heard of on the list are Fashaw and Trail. I have no idea who Allen or Haplea are? Any of these 4 have big potential?

Also whats the news with Luc? Do we have a pretty good chance with him? It would be nice to have a big thick backer compared to what we have had brought in (not that they aren't bad prospects, Spence being 211 and Brown being 215). I seen Rivals has him as a 5 star and Scout just released there 100 and hes the number 9 prospect overall.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information