2015 Canes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
    Dnt think we are taking 4 LBs. 3 is what Hurtt had said earlier and u can usually hold him to it.

Not sure what to make of Michael Taylor just yet. Weve been on him for while but his interest is pretty sudden. I wouldnt put our chnaces with him at any better then say a Chase Williams.

BTW....Id be worried about Luc and FSU. He is far from a guarantee for us.

Only sure thing at LB IMO seems to be Tyrone Cornelius.

Tollnaballa, PM me for the info. Apparently its old news that had a blurb written on the Herald but I was told to specifically not to post it so Id rather not even if it has been discussed already. Do think I got more details then the Herald does tho.
    Its cus he said we just offered him last tuesday. I like him alot more then Williams.

Im not saying Luc is a guarantee at all either, even with the rumors thats hes already a silent to us. Just think we got a good chance.

Spencer Boyd says if we offer that he might commit on the spot.

Comment

HW, I checked out that thread on Rivals.

What a joke thoe guys are. Seriously, ya'll know I dont get any big information, just a little nugget here or there but nothing earth shattering. Thats why I love it here, weve gotten like 4 posts on it and moved on to LB talk. That Htown dude took it straight over to rivals and suddenly its one of the highest rated threads with tons of wild guesses. They are clueless.

Cant believe that 2-3 little lines in my huge post caused such a hug stir over there. Unbelieveable.

Guys this news is probably about as big as Sam Shields switching positions. Its really not a big deal. Just kinda cool and interesting.

I say you mess with them and come up with a name. I am thinking you say they found a loophole with LaMarcus Joyner and are allowed to sign him for the upcoming season. Something about his birthday year making him 19. Just say it in the next post, they are so dense they won't even see/just ignore this one. :)

Comment

• Torrian Wilson just named Michigan his leader. Not saying hes going to be anywhere but Miami but whats with the slow start. I thought it was excellent how we got Nix and Chandler, but then nothing. Fla and Fla St. are starting out stronger.

Comment

• A lot of near-locks are dragging the recruiting process. It's the Bryce Brown effect. They either don't want to make an early decision and risk having a change of heart, or they want to have a similar stir of excitement with their recruiting as guys like Brown and Marcus Hall did when they created false drama.

The guys I assume you're referring to have every reason to be Canes and sound like Canes in interviews. Come signing day we'll be in great shape. I wouldn't get bent up about the "lack of news". There's no mass conspiracy against us. I just hope we do well at STA. Love their talent this year.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• At this time in 2008 Marcus Forston was headed to FSU, Theron Collier was an Auburn commit, Brandon Washington was all LSU and Jacory was headed to Oregon was part of a package with Tommy Streeter.

None of those kids had made many great comments towards Miami until they committed to us in July and August.

Comment

• So Jimmy Graham is the addition that is being talked about?

That is correct comahan
              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
              <3 dg

Comment

• Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                So Jimmy Graham is the addition that is being talked about?
                Now that its official, yea that was it.

Comment

At this time in 2008 Marcus Forston was headed to FSU, Theron Collier was an Auburn commit, Brandon Washington was all LSU and Jacory was headed to Oregon was part of a package with Tommy Streeter.

None of those kids had made many great comments towards Miami until they committed to us in July and August.
                  There are like 20 kids currently on the Miami roster who said they liked Rutgers until you guys offered :(

RU and Miami are gonna play a decade from now. Also, Zach Kane transferred to Temple from his prep school.

Comment

• Current Mock Class:

RB-Darion Hall, Naples (FL) Lely
                    RB- Eduardo Clements, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington (4* Rivals250)
                    WR- Ivan McCartney, Miramar (FL) Miramar (4* Rivals100)
                    WR- Michael Lee Harris, Miami (FL) Northwestern (4* Rivals100)
                    TE- Zach Allen, Pahokee (FL) Pahokee
                    TE- Charles Fashaw, Miami (FL) Northwestern
                    TE- Lynden Trail, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington (4* Rivals250)
                    OL- Shane McDermott, Wellington (FL) Palm Beach Central
                    OL- Jonathan Feliciano, Davie (FL) Western
                    OL- Tavadis Glenn, Jacksonville (FL) Terry Parker (4* Rivals250)

OL- Brandon Linder, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (4* Rivals250)
                    OL- Torrian Wilson, Miami (FL) Northwestern (4* Rivals250)

DT- Todd Chandler, Miami (FL) Northwestern (4* Rivals250)
                    DT- Louis Nix, Jacksonville (FL) Raines HS (4* Rivals250)

DE-Corey Lemonier, Hialeah (FL) Hialeah (4* Rivals100)
                    LB- Jeff Luc, Port Saint Lucie (FL) Treasure Coast (5* Rivals100)
                    LB- Tyrone Cornelius, Stone Mountain (GA) Stephenson
                    LB- Alec Ogletree, Newnan (GA) Newnan (4* Rivals100)
                    CB- Demar Dorsey, Lauderdale Lakes (FL) Boyd Anderson (4* Rivals250)
                    CB- Sean Tapley, Jacksonville (FL) Raines
                    CB- Kambrel McGee, Miami (FL) Northwestern
                    S- Brian Robinson, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas
                    K- Mike Palardy, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas

Plus one of:

QB- Jeffery Godfrey, Miami (FL) Central (4* Rivals250)
                    QB- Jake Heaps, Sammamish (WA) Skyline (4* Rivals250)
                    QB- AJ Derby, Iowa City (IA) Iowa City (4* Rivals250)
                    QB- Turner Baty, Ft. Lauderdale (FL) St. Thomas Aquinas
                    QB- Michael Strauss, Miami (FL) Gulliver

That gives us 24 in this class. Just slightly over the 22 Hurtt said we are looking at. I say in the end they don't pass on taking a 3rd DL like Lemonier and I say they decide on taking a 2nd RB.

If for some reason we sign any more then that, I'd look for them to be at WR and LB. So Reese, Dunbar, Williams, and Taylor would be the most likely candidates at those spots.

Comment

• Allen Bailey 4.65 (40)
                      Allen Bailey 39 (vert)
                      Allen Bailey 405 (bench)
                      Allen Bailey 565 (squat)
                      Allen Bailey 375 (power clean)

Holy ****.

That is correct comahan
                      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                      <3 dg

Comment

• I was more impressed by Harland Gunns numbers. How has this kid not been able to get on the field? He should be man handling some of these DTs.

Comment

• He really should be getting reps at center.

That is correct comahan
                          I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                          <3 dg

Comment

• Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                            He really should be getting reps at center.
                            Rather kid Frank out to RT and move Gunn out to LG.

Trump will be fine at C for a year and I'd rather have Pipho off the bench as a swing/depth tackle then having to rely on Ben Jones or Jermaine Johnson right now.

Comment

• Fox/Washington/Gunn/Fig/Franklin :p

I'm fine with the way the OL is set up atm, just kinda worried about the 2010 season.

That is correct comahan
                              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                              <3 dg

Comment

• The only position that worries me for 2010 is LT. I think we'll be much better and more importantly, much deeper along the line everywhere else next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information