2015 Canes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
    I have no idea why you would want to take a Dual Threat QB. We are running a Pro Style offense. We need a pocket passer. You dont take QBs that can run because you think your OL is still gonna suck by the time that QB sees the field. No one wins with that mindset. You take the guys that fit your system and for us that is pocket passing QBs. They dont need to run.

Lloyd is impressive tho. I like the kid. Hes not Blake Bell but he is one of the better 2nd options at QB in this class. Brandon Hill can throw it hard but doesnt throw it hard if that makes any sense. He's a project, but he's got the talent. I'd take Lloyd by a hair but Hill isnt a bad option either.
    I disagree. The kid is still a pocket passer, and its a huge bonus that if he can escape the D, and thats what we have been recruiting. Marve, Harris, Highsmith, and Cook all have the speed to escape the d. Maybe u dont like how I said dual threat, but in the context I wrote, it states how important it is to scramble when needed. Of course u adjust to what you have. If it was a kid that was only made for the spread I would agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by fresssh View Post
      I disagree. The kid is still a pocket passer, and its a huge bonus that if he can escape the D, and thats what we have been recruiting. Marve, Harris, Highsmith, and Cook all have the speed to escape the d. Maybe u dont like how I said dual threat, but in the context I wrote, it states how important it is to scramble when needed. Of course u adjust to what you have. If it was a kid that was only made for the spread I would agree.
      We just need to have a kid that can move in the pocket, not a kid that can run. Brandon Hill looked plenty fine moving around the pocket. His long legs just make him look alot more statue-like but he moved around the pocket fine.

But if your saying we need a kid that can tuck it and run then I couldnt disagree with you more. Running like the last thing we need.

As long as our QB can move around the pocket, we will be fine.

Comment

• Well I shoudnt have said Dual Threat, and should have said a guy that can scramble. If a guy is a run 1st QB, then thats the last thing we need. If he has that as an option, its a huge bonus and also opens up more. I personally didnt see it in Hill. When the D has to at least respect the QB's running ability it takes pressure off others. As long as he is a pocket passer 1st, I think that should be our kind of target.

Btw Im curious to see what Hall decides to do now that hes getting all these offers. Now he can be a little more picky, and maybe choose someone with less depth at RB. Hope not, 1 of my favs this year.

Comment

Well I shoudnt have said Dual Threat, and should have said a guy that can scramble. If a guy is a run 1st QB, then thats the last thing we need. If he has that as an option, its a huge bonus and also opens up more. I personally didnt see it in Hill. When the D has to at least respect the QB's running ability it takes pressure off others. As long as he is a pocket passer 1st, I think that should be our kind of target.

Btw Im curious to see what Hall decides to do now that hes getting all these offers. Now he can be a little more picky, and maybe choose someone with less depth at RB. Hope not, 1 of my favs this year.
          Not too concerned about Hall. I've got it on good word that he's leaning to us big time.

Comment

Not too concerned about Hall. I've got it on good word that he's leaning to us big time.
            Good to hear. For the 2nd RB i really like Drake, but i have to wonder what kind of competion hes going against. It looks like hes runnin over those guys pretty easy. I even seen a play where their were like 5 guys trying to bring him down. Really would like Ken Malcome but I dont think he listed us in top 5 even though after we offered he said were in the top of list.

Whats happening with Travis Bell. Is safety the only position he can play?

Comment

Good to hear. For the 2nd RB i really like Drake, but i have to wonder what kind of competion hes going against. It looks like hes runnin over those guys pretty easy. I even seen a play where their were like 5 guys trying to bring him down. Really would like Ken Malcome but I dont think he listed us in top 5 even though after we offered he said were in the top of list.

Whats happening with Travis Bell. Is safety the only position he can play?
              Travis Bell reminds alot of people of Randy Phillips. I'm not sure how high of a priority he is or if we'll have room for him in the class.

I'm still hoping we pull Clements as the 2nd RB but thats doubtful right now. Bernard could still be an option tho.

Comment

• DeJoshua Johnson just named us in his top 3 with FSU, Tennesee, Miami. Im guessing in that order too. Are we after him that hard. Since were only taking 2 WR's, do we really need another slot? Not a huge need imo, but i guess would be a nice luxury. If it was a year that we load on WR's id be all for it.

Comment

• He's been FSU bound since birth. No need to worry about DJ Johnson.

Michaelee Harris, Shawn Corker, Kadron Boone, James Louis, Ivan McCartney, Chris Dunkley are much higher priorities with McCartney being the highest on our board.

Boone, Louis, Dunkley are all leaning UF ATM.

Comment

• New Mock Class:

QB- Dallas Lloyd, Pleasant Grove (UT) Pleasant Grove (3*)
                    RB-Darion Hall, Naples (FL) Lely (3*)
                    RB- Giovanni Bernard, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (4* Rivals250)
                    WR- Ivan McCartney, Miramar (FL) Miramar (4* Rivals100)
                    WR- Sean Tapley, Jacksonville (FL) Raines (3*)
                    TE- Lynden Trail, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington (4* Rivals250)
                    TE- Brian Vogler, Columbus (GA) Brookstone School (4* Rivals250)
                    OL- Shane McDermott, Wellington (FL) Palm Beach Central (3*)
                    OL- Jonathan Feliciano, Davie (FL) Western (3*)
                    OL- Tavadis Glenn, Jacksonville (FL) Terry Parker (4* Rivals250)

OL- Brandon Linder, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (4* Rivals250)
                    OL- Torrian Wilson, Miami (FL) Northwestern (4* Rivals250)

DT- Todd Chandler, Miami (FL) Northwestern (4* Rivals250)
                    DT- Louis Nix, Jacksonville (FL) Raines HS (4* Rivals250)

DE-Corey Lemonier, Hialeah (FL) Hialeah (4* Rivals100)
                    LB- Michael Taylor, Atlanta (GA) Westlake (3*)
                    LB- Alec Ogletree, Newnan (GA) Newnan (4* Rivals100)
                    LB- Chase Williams, Leesburg (VA) Loudoun County (3*)
                    CB- Jeremy Davis, Fort Myers (FL) Fort Myers (NR)
                    CB- Darius Robinson, Atlanta (GA) Westlake (3*)
                    CB- Keion Payne, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (3*)
                    S- Brian Robinson, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (4*)
                    K- Mike Palardy, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas

Other Options:

QB- Brandon Hill, Audubon (NJ) Audubon (3*) NO OFFER
                    QB- Turner Baty, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (3*) NO OFFER
                    RB- Eduardo Clements, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington (4* Rivals250) FSU
                    RB- Kendrun Malcome, Decatur (GA) Southwest Dekalb (3*) OU
                    RB- Tevin Drake, Brooksville (FL) Nature Coast (3*) FIU
                    TE- Zach Allen, Pahokee (FL) Pahokee (3*) WAKE
                    TE- Kevin Haplea, Annandale (NJ) North Hunterdon Reg (3*)
                    WR- Joshua Reese, Miami (FL) Central (4* Rivals250) FSU
                    WR- James Louis, Delray Beach (FL) Atlantic (4* Rivals250) UF
                    WR- Shawn Corker, Ft Lauderdale (FL) Cardinal Gibbons (3*) TTU
                    WR- Michael Lee Harris, Miami (FL) Northwestern (4* Rivals100) SEC
                    OL- Evan Washington, DeSoto (TX) DeSoto (4* Rivals250) LSU
                    OL- Tramell Williams, Jacksonville (FL) Robert E. Lee (3*) NO OFFER
                    LB- Jeff Luc, Port Saint Lucie (FL) Treasure Coast (5* Rivals100) FSU
                    LB- Tyrone Cornelius, Stone Mountain (GA) Stephenson (3*) GT
                    CB- Tony Grimes, Hollywood (FL) Hollywood Hills (3*) UGA/MICHIGAN
                    CB- Jonathan Mincy, Decatur (GA) Southwest Dekalb (3*) UGA
                    CB- Demar Dorsey, Lauderdale Lakes (FL) Boyd Anderson (4* Rivals250) UA

Comment

• You can scratch Dallas Lloyd off that list, he just committed to Stanford.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                        You can scratch Dallas Lloyd off that list, he just committed to Stanford.
                        Odd fit. He named them in his top 5 but I hadn't heard of them being anywhere near the to of his board besides that.

He's still scheduled to visit us and Nebraska who many thought were considered the to 2 schools for him from what I gathered.

Joseph Brennan looks like the next QB target for us with Brandon Hill and Turner Baty looking like the ones after that.

We are missing pretty badly on our QBs.

Comment

• Stanford will be pretty good in about two years.

Comment

• Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
                            Stanford will be pretty good in about two years.
                            Going against the grain with that prediction huh?

(Note the sarcasm)

Comment

Odd fit. He named them in his top 5 but I hadn't heard of them being anywhere near the to of his board besides that.

He's still scheduled to visit us and Nebraska who many thought were considered the to 2 schools for him from what I gathered.

Joseph Brennan looks like the next QB target for us with Brandon Hill and Turner Baty looking like the ones after that.

We are missing pretty badly on our QBs.
                              Hey you leave Brennan alone...Temple needs him.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                                Hey you leave Brennan alone...Temple needs him.
                                Feeling pretty good about our odds if we are battling Temple

But on a more serious note, whats the deal with Brennan. He just recently got offered and expressed some serious interest right back but that's all I've heard so far.

He's a fairly new name for us.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information