No announcement yet.

2015 Canes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw a lot of promise in today's game, I'm very happy with the result. The running game was obviously dynamite and that one big carry from Cooper reminded me of my video game Cooper. Chills went down my spine :). James definitely looks a year more polished with his patience and cuts. Freeman can make plays but I don't see any kind of consistency in watching him drop back and throw, so I'm worried he might cost us some drives. The defense was dominant and impressive, as I expected. We have a ton of depth and we have guys at every position that swarm and make solid tackles. Even our DBs looked very good in run support. It's exciting to once again see the intensity and gangtackling that has been a constant. Special teams seemed like a problem, specifically punting. I hope Bosher can punt much further than he showed.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• How'd Campbell look? I saw the INT, any sacks? I've got to wait a while until I get to see the game, stupid ESPNU.

That is correct comahan
      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
      <3 dg

Comment

• Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
        How'd Campbell look? I saw the INT, any sacks? I've got to wait a while until I get to see the game, stupid ESPNU.
        Ooh that must suck to live in-state and miss the game. I honestly can't really tell you how Campbell looked because the entire DLine was incredible and it was hard to pinpoint one standout. He was involved in some sacks but really it was the backups who were outstanding. Vegas Franklin, Steven Wesley, Courtney Harris, Antonio Dixon, Dwayne Hendricks, etc. The line was constantly in the backfield applying pressure. Franklin & Dixon were the most impressive, but I also saw Campbell, McCray & Moncur getting involved as well in a few plays. Campbell either chased away the Marshall QB or jumped up to alter his passes. The best player on defense was Adkins. Fast, explosive, hits hard and had a nice pick. Randy Phillips dropped a pick in the end zone which led to their only points :(. Ponder had a nice open-field tackle, both Phillips' tackled well, Sharpton & Gooden were solid. Really dominant game defensively. Marshall had to work their tails off and have some luck to get their only points of the game.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• First game I've gotten to watch as an official Miami fan, (I really got into college football last year but didn't really root for anyone.)

All I have to say is, damn our defense looked good, Graig Cooper is incredibly fast, and I don't trust the QB situation.

Comment

• I really need to get ESPN U and the college gameday stuff, but the game sounds like what i expected great defense and an incredible running attck

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
              I really need to get ESPN U and the college gameday stuff, but the game sounds like what i expected great defense and an incredible running attck
              You need to get the package that gets you every Div 1 college game. That's what I have :D

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Just go to a bar, I'm in Ohio and I went to a bar and asked them to put ESPNU on and got to watch it.

Comment

• watched the whole game, damn impressed with the defense. doesn't matter who's on the line, they're going to poor on the pressure. campbell, moncur, franklin, etc, everyone was getting involved. marshall never had a lot of time to throw the ball. the DB play wasn't special, but the linebackers excelled. LOVE this McCarthy kid.

on offense, cooper and james stole the show. freeman was average, but didn't make the same kind of mind-numbing mistakes as wright, so that's an upgrade. he generally underthrew a lot of guys. there was a bad center-QB exchange, and he mishandled the handoff to Cooper at one point, but that was probably Cooper's fault. WR's were absent.

going to have to rely on the running game against OU, without a doubt. hope for some key turnovers from our defense. can't ask for much more than that

Comment

• Originally posted by kastofsna View Post
                    watched the whole game, damn impressed with the defense. doesn't matter who's on the line, they're going to poor on the pressure. campbell, moncur, franklin, etc, everyone was getting involved. marshall never had a lot of time to throw the ball. the DB play wasn't special, but the linebackers excelled. LOVE this McCarthy kid.

on offense, cooper and james stole the show. freeman was average, but didn't make the same kind of mind-numbing mistakes as wright, so that's an upgrade. he generally underthrew a lot of guys. there was a bad center-QB exchange, and he mishandled the handoff to Cooper at one point, but that was probably Cooper's fault. WR's were absent.

going to have to rely on the running game against OU, without a doubt. hope for some key turnovers from our defense. can't ask for much more than that
                    We can't ask too much from our passing game against OU, but I think Freeman proved we can complete some short-yardage passes and keep some drives alive. The running game will have to be the focus, though. I forgot about McCarthy, he was the 2nd best LB on the field for us today. Could be the next Dan Morgan, with maybe a bit more speed.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Stupid Miami page, I can't find the official defensive stats for the game.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Graig Cooper with his first 100 yard game of his career, I'm sure there will be many more. :D
                        Definitely :)

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

• Our offensive line looked amazing. 0 sacks all game, Cooper with 120ish rushing yards, James had around 100 (plus a 40 yarder that got called back), and Thomas had a couple of nice runs. Mabry did a good job opening holes when he was in the game, but i didn't see any Cooper/James backfields, or Cooper lining up in the slot. I guess Shannon WAS holding back. Leggett made soom nice moves on screens to get extra yardage. The D-Line played a good game. There is a lot of depth on the lines. Moncur was a beast ALL GAME. Campbell had a solo sack but the quarterback threw it away as he was being hammered. Dixon, Franklin, McCray, Wesley, Haris all had nice games. KPhillips had a decent game, nothing notable except for a nice tackle in the backfield. The linebackers played a pretty good game, they did a good job in pursuit. McCarthy was a tackling machine, i think he had at least 10 tackles, but he was taken out for a bit due to cramps. The corners had an alright game, but they excelled at sealing off the corner on outside rushes. RPhillips had a couple of nice hits. Picks by Freshman JoJo Nicolas, Spencer Adkins, Calais Campbell, and T-Good(returned to the one-yard line.)

Now to the bad. Kirby didn't do a bad job, but he was inconsistent and threw an inerception to an area where there were no Miami players. He was pretty erratic throwing downfield, and i think he had a miscommunication with Leggett at least once. The recievers didn't bail him out. Khalil did his usual thing, dropping two passes. There were a lot of drops all around for the receivers. We didn't do a good job in coverage, and they had thei receivers open all game. We didn't do a good job stopping the QB draw. Campbell lost contain at least twice, and left his feet once when he had the quarterback to himself, and let him get back to the line of scrimmage.

Overall, I liked what i saw, and i think if we can get more consistency from the receivers, we'll be very good this year. I'm expecting a 9-3 season AT WORST. That means we win every game we're supposed to, and win 2 out of 5 against FSU, Oklahoma, VT, BC, and TAMU. Very possible, IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by RonnieRun23 View Post
                            Our offensive line looked amazing. 0 sacks all game, Cooper with 120ish rushing yards, James had around 100 (plus a 40 yarder that got called back), and Thomas had a couple of nice runs. Mabry did a good job opening holes when he was in the game, but i didn't see any Cooper/James backfields, or Cooper lining up in the slot. I guess Shannon WAS holding back. Leggett made soom nice moves on screens to get extra yardage. The D-Line played a good game. There is a lot of depth on the lines. Moncur was a beast ALL GAME. Campbell had a solo sack but the quarterback threw it away as he was being hammered. Dixon, Franklin, McCray, Wesley, Haris all had nice games. KPhillips had a decent game, nothing notable except for a nice tackle in the backfield. The linebackers played a pretty good game, they did a good job in pursuit. McCarthy was a tackling machine, i think he had at least 10 tackles, but he was taken out for a bit due to cramps. The corners had an alright game, but they excelled at sealing off the corner on outside rushes. RPhillips had a couple of nice hits. Picks by Freshman JoJo Nicolas, Spencer Adkins, Calais Campbell, and T-Good(returned to the one-yard line.)

Now to the bad. Kirby didn't do a bad job, but he was inconsistent and threw an inerception to an area where there were no Miami players. He was pretty erratic throwing downfield, and i think he had a miscommunication with Leggett at least once. The recievers didn't bail him out. Khalil did his usual thing, dropping two passes. There were a lot of drops all around for the receivers. We didn't do a good job in coverage, and they had thei receivers open all game. We didn't do a good job stopping the QB draw. Campbell lost contain at least twice, and left his feet once when he had the quarterback to himself, and let him get back to the line of scrimmage.

Overall, I liked what i saw, and i think if we can get more consistency from the receivers, we'll be very good this year. I'm expecting a 9-3 season AT WORST. That means we win every game we're supposed to, and win 2 out of 5 against FSU, Oklahoma, VT, BC, and TAMU. Very possible, IMO.
                            Sharpe and Shields better be back for the Oklahoma game because our passing offense and defense looked very suspect today. As good as our running game looked, I was unimpressed with our recievers. I think Shields is head and shoulders above the rest of the starters. For god's sake, I never wanna see Jones start another game, I don't care how good he looks in practice, he cannot play in an actual game, he just can't. Why were there so many recievers left so wide open today, that makes me nervous when we have a big time threat like Malcolm Kelly to face next week. I just hope our front seven doesn't allow Bradford to set and get comfortable out there. I think once this unit is all healthy we will be dominant, because the front seven are, but the secondary still needs a little work. Any thoughts?

Comment

• Did Jenkins play today? I don't get why he didn't start when he's been tearing it up in camp.

That is correct comahan
                              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                              <3 dg

Comment

Did Jenkins play today? I don't get why he didn't start when he's been tearing it up in camp.
                                ill take anyone over Jones, id rather kayne or leonard start over khalil jones... hey dg, what thoughts do u have on what i just posted about??

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information