2015 Canes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
    What makes you think we haven't been recruiting Luc and Gholston hard?

We've been on them pretty much since day one and I haven't heard anything of us backing off of them.

BTW... your looking to much into Gholston naming us. He has yet to trim his list. He has like a top 12 still. Find me a school he doesn't keep naming repeatedly. LSU, Bama, MSU, UM, OSU, USC, UF, UNC and us are all named constantly in his interviews. He has visited a majority of those places, he cancelled his visit here. Says alot.

Luc is a guy we've been on from the get go. It's a matter of talking to his parents and letting them know all the details about the school. That can't happen til later in the process.
    With Gholston from the begining he had us in the top 6, even when he had all these offers. This was from a while ago, I gues u might even be able to call it a top 4. (Their was another early interview he had and listed Miami was 1 of the 3 places he knew he would visit at the time),

“In the next two weeks I think I’ll try to narrow it down to seven,” Gholston said. “I know some of them are going to be Michigan, Michigan State, Miami, Florida, and maybe Alabama and Notre Dame.”

Kyle Prater just named us in his top 10. Might not mean much. But he did say we just offered him 2 weeks ago and intantly jumped into the top 10. Hopefully we at least get a visit.
    Last edited by fresssh; 06-04-2009, 09:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fresssh View Post
      With Gholston from the begining he had us in the top 6, even when he had all these offers. This was from a while ago, I gues u might even be able to call it a top 4. (Their was another early interview he had and listed Miami was 1 of the 3 places he knew he would visit at the time),

In the next two weeks I think Ill try to narrow it down to seven, Gholston said. I know some of them are going to be Michigan, Michigan State, Miami, Florida, and maybe Alabama and Notre Dame.
      Doesn't really matter. He's still going to Michigan State.

Comment

• What's the deal with Terrence Mitchell the CB out of Tampa? I know he is an FSU lean right now, but do we have a shot and how hard are we still recruiting him?

Love this guy at corner.

Comment

• I liked Spencer Boyd but right now it looks like he is headed to Notre Dame

Comment

• Terrence Mitchell is a huge fsu lean and Spencer Boyd committed to ND about a month ago. Not sure why that one hasn't gone public.

Mitchell isn't a top priority for us. We is a 2nd tier guy according to what I've seen from our involvment with him. It's the height thing again. Only 5'10. 5'11 is about the minimum we will take.

We probably do have a decent chance of making it a fight with FSU if we decide to really push for the kid, but that doesn't seem to be the case ATM.

Comment

Terrence Mitchell is a huge fsu lean and Spencer Boyd committed to ND about a month ago. Not sure why that one hasn't gone public.

Mitchell isn't a top priority for us. We is a 2nd tier guy according to what I've seen from our involvment with him. It's the height thing again. Only 5'10. 5'11 is about the minimum we will take.

We probably do have a decent chance of making it a fight with FSU if we decide to really push for the kid, but that doesn't seem to be the case ATM.

I've heard that we are going after him pretty hard right now, if we don't it's a big mistake, this kid is a player. Think he could make a Janoris Jenkins type impact at corner right away. Yea he might be missing that extra inch or two, but the staff knows how physical he is.

http://prepsreport.com/MediaPlayers/...0459cd1c54bf42

Is there any connection to him and FSU, or was he just an early lean because they were the first of the three to offer and show him love?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                I've heard that we are going after him pretty hard right now, if we don't it's a big mistake, this kid is a player. Think he could make a Janoris Jenkins type impact at corner right away. Yea he might be missing that extra inch or two, but the staff knows how physical he is.

http://prepsreport.com/MediaPlayers/...0459cd1c54bf42

Is there any connection to him and FSU, or was he just an early lean because they were the first of the three to offer and show him love?
                We couldve changed course and really started pushing for him. My last set of info on him wwas from when we offered about a month ago. So maybe we are after him, but I haven't heard or read anything about us really pushing for him.

I do like him tho. Needs to bulk up however.

He grew up an FSU fan and loves the idea of playing for T-Buck (who doesn't) so those are the real reasons FSU leads, not just because they were the 1st to offer him.

I do remember reading that they had eased up on him a little tho.

Comment

• Looks like we are landing Cornelius after all. He had been cooling on us some and GT has been pushing hard but the fact he just said he's picking at the end of the month probably just ended GTs chances to finish making up the ground on us.

Comment

Looks like we are landing Cornelius after all. He had been cooling on us some and GT has been pushing hard but the fact he just said he's picking at the end of the month probably just ended GTs chances to finish making up the ground on us.
                    When and where is the announcement?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                      When and where is the announcement?
                      Did say specifics. He just say he'll make a commitment by the end of June.

Comment

• Any1 got the latest Lamar Miller & Mike James workout numbers?

And how much weight did Travis Benjamin add, his current weight? He obviously has the speed to be special in the college game.
                        Last edited by katnip; 06-07-2009, 06:38 PM.
                        Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

Sig by, Hitman D

Comment

• Has anybody seen Demetre Baker's film? WE just offered him and he visited and will be at camp this weekend. All I seen was his workout numbers.

6-0 200. Runs 4.45. 40 in. vertical. 10 Ft. 5 in. Board jump. Bench 350. Power clean 290.

Those are very impressive numbers but Im just wondering if it matches is film.

Comment

• Originally posted by katnip View Post
                            Any1 got the latest Lamar Miller & Mike James workout numbers?

And how much weight did Travis Benjamin add, his current weight? He obviously has the speed to be special in the college game.
                            Lamar isn't even on campus so he can't be tested.

TB and James will be tested again in August or so when the incoming freshman get here.

Comment

• I can't find film on Baker anywhere. He doesn't have a great offer list tho. Solid, not great.

But he's like a 3849032758971502th option at OLB. Travis Williams is a new name at LB that seems more of a target if you are looking at that spot.

Comment

Lamar isn't even on campus so he can't be tested.

TB and James will be tested again in August or so when the incoming freshman get here.
                                Okay

thanks
                                Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

Sig by, Hitman D

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information