Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2015 Canes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
    I think he'll get less carries than he did last year because of the addition of Mike James and Lamar Miller.
    Not a chance. Is JJ is healthy, he's still the best back on the team. Only way he gets less carries is because of injury.

    Don't start anointing Miller and James yet. They are 5th and 6th on the depth chart ATM and are true freshmen. Let them get their feet wet before you start taking away carries from established, talented backs like JJ in favor of the young guys.

    Comment


    • I cant picture us not starting James if healthy, which im sure hel finally be.


      I heard Tapley is coming down this weekend with Nix and he might finally commit to us.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by fresssh View Post
        I cant picture us not starting James if healthy, which im sure hel finally be.


        I heard Tapley is coming down this weekend with Nix and he might finally commit to us.
        Tapley and Darius Robinson are both expected to pull the trigger this weekend.

        Cornelius could follow them fairly soon and there's an outside chance that Ogletree does as well sometime in early August.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
          Tapley and Darius Robinson are both expected to pull the trigger this weekend.

          Cornelius could follow them fairly soon and there's an outside chance that Ogletree does as well sometime in early August.
          Yea i heard Robinson say that last week. U know if Mike Taylor is coming with him?

          Side Note: Glenn Cook got drafted in MLB to the cubs.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by fresssh View Post
            Side Note: Glenn Cook got drafted in MLB to the cubs.
            Yea, I had to check for myself. Obviously a good athlete.
            Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

            Sig by, Hitman D

            Comment


            • Our backs are all pretty solid. JJ is the only Senior so he has the advantage (if he's healthy). Hopefully Mike James can pick up the offense because he has more big-play potential for a power back.

              Hall doesn't remind me of Jamie Harper. Hall is incredible. Harper never impressed me. Harper was a big waist-bender with average power who always tried to dance and get to the outside. Hall is a downhill back with a good frame who can sidestep runners, burst out of cuts and go the distance. He reminds me of Jamaal Charles but much bigger at his age.

              I keep seeing all these CBs and LBs list us high and talk about possible commitments. It's really confusing and makes my head dizzy. How many and who are we taking?

              At LB....Ogletree is a must. Taylor has some nice pop and would be a good fill-in for Luc (prefer Luc but it's not a huge deal). I love watching him go downhill, but he's not very fluid and looks awkward when he moves laterally. Haven't seen tape on Cornileus so can't comment. Then there are other options like Chase Williams, Javarie Johnson, etc.

              At CB....don't even get me started. I loved Joyner, Riggs and Tai-ler Jones but apparently we don't want short CBs. After that there's a mess of guys that claim offers and talk about commitments. I can't keep track cuz it's not worth it.
              Last edited by etk; 06-11-2009, 08:21 PM.

              sig by BoneKrusher

              Comment


              • Maurice Hagens to Miami.

                3* FB.

                Solid pickup.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
                  Maurice Hagens to Miami.

                  3* FB.

                  Solid pickup.
                  Yeah, not much to say. Fills a need.

                  He has some running ability and should be a versatile FB. Not Patrick Hill.

                  sig by BoneKrusher

                  Comment


                  • Another question:

                    What do you guys know about Clive Walford? Sounds like he has a ton of potential and we may have unearthed a steal.

                    sig by BoneKrusher

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by etk View Post
                      Another question:

                      What do you guys know about Clive Walford? Sounds like he has a ton of potential and we may have unearthed a steal.
                      If anyone has said they've heard about him, they are lying.

                      This didn't come from left field. It came from the bleachers.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
                        If anyone has said they've heard about him, they are lying.

                        This didn't come from left field. It came from the bleachers.
                        Who is he? What happened?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                          Who is he? What happened?
                          New TE offer.

                          Comment


                          • He goes to Glade Central along with CB/WR Gred Dent I believe. I read on another site that he's pretty new to football and that he's been playing basketball forever. So you know he's athletic with good feet and hands at about 6'5 220. If he comes here he's probably a project.

                            Also on thaRinger's twitter page it said to watch out for the canes and Cincinatti tight end Alex Smith.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by RiDLer80 View Post
                              He goes to Glade Central along with CB/WR Gred Dent I believe. I read on another site that he's pretty new to football and that he's been playing basketball forever. So you know he's athletic with good feet and hands at about 6'5 220. If he comes here he's probably a project.

                              Also on thaRinger's twitter page it said to watch out for the canes and Cincinatti tight end Alex Smith.
                              Yea that seems to be the all the news out there on the kid. I do like Dent tho. Solid looking prospect at CB. Not a bad target if we miss on Payne and Robinson for some reason (althought I fully expect Robinson to commit this weekend)

                              I'd love to hear Ringer's source on Smith, I've heard zero connect of us with that kid. That site is usually fairly reliable tho.

                              Ringer also said he expect multiple commit this weekend. Robinson, Brandon Hill (if offered), Javarie Johnson (if offered), Sean Tapley, and Tyrone Cornelius (if he makes the trip, not sure if he's supposed to) are the main guys that are close ATM.

                              Comment


                              • Jamal Reid and coach Mcgriff said that Reid will start at safety. Kind of disapointed cus I thought we was a CB that cud have come in and contribute. Im guessing Prince Kent is A Safety too, so were pretty dam thin at CB, with a load of safeties.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information