No announcement yet.

2015 Canes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I read on Canestime that Darius Robinson didn't commit because he and coach McGriff felt it'd be best if they got his parents into Miami before he committed so there would be no decommitting. A poster posted an article that I'm pretty sure it was a premium article from Canesport so I'm not going to post it on here.

Comment

• Originally posted by RiDLer80 View Post
      I read on Canestime that Darius Robinson didn't commit because he and coach McGriff felt it'd be best if they got his parents into Miami before he committed so there would be no decommitting. A poster posted an article that I'm pretty sure it was a premium article from Canesport so I'm not going to post it on here.
      Yea, it's a Canesport article.

Robinson basically asked McGriff how they felt about him committing and coaches told him that they want him but they want his parents to come check out the school 1st so that there's zero issues after he commits.

Remember, these coaches don't care about commits. They care about signatures. What coaches just did was show a huge sign of respect to Robinson's family that will help them get that signature.

Comment

• Oddly enough, I've heard alot of people tell me Darius Robinson isn't gonna end up here. Could have something to do with coaches waiting on other players.

According to Canestime, Merrill Noel doesn't have an offer as he claim he did on Canesport.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
          Oddly enough, I've heard alot of people tell me Darius Robinson isn't gonna end up here. Could have something to do with coaches waiting on other players.

According to Canestime, Merrill Noel doesn't have an offer as he claim he did on Canesport.

I wasnt too impressed with his film. But this cant help our chances with Taylor.

Taylor did say Miami is on top after the camp, but thats a must land. He never said anything on how he might commit tho. He was another 1 that brought up Allen Hurns name. Said he caught everything out their and was blown away.

Yea and someone also reported Ricardo Allen had an offer, which isnt true.

How hard are we recruiting Grimes? Havent heard anything on him for a while.
          Last edited by fresssh; 06-17-2009, 10:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fresssh View Post
            I wasnt too impressed with his film. But this cant help our chances with Taylor.

Taylor did say Miami is on top after the camp, but thats a must land. He never said anything on how he might commit tho. He was another 1 that brought up Allen Hurns name. Said he caught everything out their and was blown away.

Yea and someone also reported Ricardo Allen had an offer, which isnt true.

How hard are we recruiting Grimes? Havent heard anything on him for a while.
            Coaches love Grimes. BUt Grimes has been looking OOS for awhile. He's just trying to use the in-state team to prop his name up to OOS schools. I know he loves UGA and OSU.

Hurns absolutely blew up the camp and we offered, but I'm sure it's just a verbal offer until we get a chance to really see him play during his SR year. Our coaches very rarely ever full on offer based off a camp.

I want Taylor so bad, unfortunately, I can't see us getting Taylor unless we land Robinson too. It's both or none IMO.

Comment

• I'm rather bored so some depth chart predictions. Some of the back ups are off I'm sure.

QB- Jacory Harris/Taylor Cook/Cannon Smith/AJ Highsmith
              RB- Graig Cooper/Javarris James/Lee Chambers/Mike James/Damien Berry/Lamar Miller
              FB- Patrick Hill/John Calhoun
              WR- Aldarius Johnson/LaRon Byrd/Leonard Hankerson
              WR- Travis Benjamin/Tommy Streeter/Davon Johnson
              WR- Thearon Collier/Kendall Thompkins
              TE- Dedrick Epps/Richard Gordon/Billy Sanders/Jimmy Graham/Cory White
              LT- Jason Fox/Ben Jones/Malcolm Bunche
              LG- Orlando Franklin/Brandon Washington
              C- AJ Trump/Tyler Horn/Jared Wheeler
              RG- Joel Figueroa/Harland Gunn/Ian Symonette
              RT- Matt Pipho/Jermaine Johnson/Stephen Plein

DE- Adewale Ojomo/Marcus Robinson/Andrew Smith/Dyron Dye
              DT- Marcus Forston/Joe Joseph/Micanor Regis/Curtis Porter
              DT- Allen Bailey/Josh Holmes/Jeremy Lewis/Luther Robinson
              DE- Eric Moncur/Oliver Vernon/Steven Wesley/Gavin Hardin
              OLB- Sean Spence/Ramon Buchanan/CJ Holton
              MLB- Darryl Sharpton/Arthur Brown
              OLB- Colin McCarthy/Jordan Futch/Kylan Robinson/Shayon Green
              CB- Brandon Harris/Chavez Grant/Ryan Hill/Jamal Reid
              CB- DeMarcus Van Dyke/Sam Shields/Brandon McGee
              S- Vaughn Telemaque/Jojo Nicolas/Prince Kent/Joe Wylie
              S- Randy Phillips/Ray Ray Armstrong/Jared Campbell

And to steal from canesport, top impact freshman this year.

Ray Ray Armstrong- I think/hope he takes the safety spot opposite Telemaque not too far into the season.
              Oliver Vernon- Should be in the two deep and could start if there are injuries.
              Mike James- Would be higher but RB has too much depth.
              Brandon McGee- Won't get a lot of PT at first but should progress through the depth chart.
              Brandon Washington- Will rotate in at OG.

I don't think this class will have near the impact early that last years did, but I think 3/4 guys could be starting by the end of the year.

That is correct comahan
              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
              <3 dg

Comment

• Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                I'm rather bored so some depth chart predictions. Some of the back ups are off I'm sure.

QB- Jacory Harris/Taylor Cook/Cannon Smith/AJ Highsmith
                RB- Graig Cooper/Javarris James/Lee Chambers/Mike James/Damien Berry/Lamar Miller
                WR- Aldarius Johnson/LaRon Byrd/Leonard Hankerson
                WR- Travis Benjamin/Tommy Streeter/Davon Johnson
                WR- Thearon Collier/Kendall Thompkins
                TE- Dedrick Epps/Richard Gordon/Billy Sanders/Jimmy Graham/Cory White
                LT- Jason Fox/Ben Jones/Malcolm Bunche
                RT- Matt Pipho/Jermaine Johnson/Stephen Plein

DE- Adewale Ojomo/Marcus Robinson/Andrew Smith/Dyron Dye
                MLB- Darryl Sharpton/Arthur Brown
                OLB- Colin McCarthy/Jordan Futch/Kylan Robinson/Shayon Green
                S- Vaughn Telemaque/Jojo Nicolas/Prince Kent/Joe Wylie

And to steal from canesport, top impact freshman this year.

Ray Ray Armstrong- I think/hope he takes the safety spot opposite Telemaque not too far into the season.
                Oliver Vernon- Should be in the two deep and could start if there are injuries.
                Mike James- Would be higher but RB has too much depth.
                Brandon McGee- Won't get a lot of PT at first but should progress through the depth chart.
                Brandon Washington- Will rotate in at OG.

I don't think this class will have near the impact early that last years did, but I think 3/4 guys could be starting by the end of the year.

I think you're spot on here for the most part, just a couple things I think may be different:

I don't see how Byrd doesn't start. I think it's gonna be him and AJ, with Pimp in the slot.

I also think Javarris gets the nod over Coop, although our backfield should be a heavy committee this season.

Marcus Robinson played too well last year not to start this year. A line with him and Moncur at ends, with Bailey and Forston in the middle should be among the best in college football.

And I think I'm probably in the minority here in hoping that Randy Phillips starts this year at safety and succeeds. I have been waiting for this guy to come through. He is way too talented not to make an impact and I hope this is the year he puts it all together and becomes a high draft pick in return. I do want Ray Ray to play early and often because I am a HUGE fan, but I wouldn't mind him swapping out with Vaughn instead. At least until next year, when they can both start side by side.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

• -Byrd is our best wideout and he'll start for sure. AlJ will be the other wideout. Slot is up for grabs but Thompkins is 1st team right now I think. It'll be exciting to see the rotation there cuz Collier is a lot bulkier and stronger, while Benjamin can line up at slot or wideout and use his speed and quicks.

-I also think Robinson will start over Ojomo. He's our best pass rusher. Again, playing time will fly around as we have a solid 3/4 deep.

-Backups are fine except at CB where Ryan Hill is 2nd team over Shields.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• QB- Jacory Harris/Taylor Cook/Cannon Smith/AJ Highsmith
                    RB- Graig Cooper/Javarris James/Mike James/Damien Berry/Lee Chambers/Lamar Miller
                    WR- LaRon Byrd/Leonard Hankerson/Davon Johnson
                    WR- Aldarius Johnson/Travis Benjamin/Tommy Streeter
                    WR- Kendall Thompkins/Thearon Collier
                    TE-Richard Gordon/Dedrick Epps/Jimmy Graham/Billy Sanders/Stephen Plein
                    LT- Jason Fox/Ben Jones/Cory White
                    RT- Matt Pipho/Malcolm Bunche/Jermaine Johnson

DE- Marcus Robinson/Adewale Ojomo/Andrew Smith/Dyron Dye
                    MLB- Darryl Sharpton/Arthur Brown/Shayon Green
                    OLB- Colin McCarthy/Jordan Futch/Kylan Robinson
                    S- Vaughn Telemaque/Jojo Nicolas/Prince Kent

Changes to the starting lineup from guru's are in bold.

Other changes:
                    -Bunche is extremely likely to pass Jermaine Johnson for top backup at RT. Johnson has plain sucked.
                    -No Joe Wylie. He is a confirmed transfer.
                    -Mike James is likely gonna see alot of PT when one of JJ and Cooper goes down.
                    -Shayon Green is a MLB.
                    -Stephen Plein is a TE.
                    -Cory White is an OT.

Other then that. It's pretty good.

Comment

• I'm assuming these projected depth charts are from the begining of the year, so shouldn't Jamal Reid and Prince Kent be switched according to reports flying around of Reid at safety and Kent at CB.

Comment

• Originally posted by RiDLer80 View Post
                        I'm assuming these projected depth charts are from the begining of the year, so shouldn't Jamal Reid and Prince Kent be switched according to reports flying around of Reid at safety and Kent at CB.
                        Reports are all over the place. ITU (which is notoriously wrong) says Reid will play S. Canesport (which is by no means perfect either) says he will play CB.

And they are vice versa on Kent.

No one knows until the kids get here and put the pads on. Randy usually always give the DBs a look at CB before moving them to S (Randy Phillips anyone?) Look for them to both start out rotating between the 2 spots and for one to end up at each.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
                          Reports are all over the place. ITU (which is notoriously wrong) says Reid will play S. Canesport (which is by no means perfect either) says he will play CB.

And they are vice versa on Kent.

No one knows until the kids get here and put the pads on. Randy usually always give the DBs a look at CB before moving them to S (Randy Phillips anyone?) Look for them to both start out rotating between the 2 spots and for one to end up at each.
                          With ITU it was an interview that they just had with Reid. Reid is the one that said him he talked with the coaches and they both agreed for him to start at Safety.

Comment

• Originally posted by fresssh View Post
                            With ITU it was an interview that they just had with Reid. Reid is the one that said him he talked with the coaches and they both agreed for him to start at Safety.
                            Wouldnt be the 1st time ITU misrepresented what a kid meant.

Comment

• Are the rumors about FSU backing off Clements really true?

That leaves us in competition with Georgia basically....but I never wanted Clements so :/

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by etk View Post
                                Are the rumors about FSU backing off Clements really true?

That leaves us in competition with Georgia basically....but I never wanted Clements so :/
                                FSU was never really on him to begin with. He was on them.

He should still end up UGA but things look better for us after his recent comments.

Now Dunbar is back interest in us as well and Trail always looked likely to begin with.

Can't say I'm surprised the BTW kids all are coming back our way.

I suspect Clements and Trail might be the only ones that get in if they want in. I think Dunbar missed his boat.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information