No announcement yet.

2015 Canes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CB Steven Clarke say we gave him a written offer, who knows if its true. One thing I like about the interview is he said Shanon told him he liked how loud and cocky he was. The main problem I always had with Shanon is that I thought he was getting away from those kind of players. It just always seems that we play with no passion or hunger. It looks like he doesnt want his players to play with passion. We went from beating down players on crutches to giving high 5's after a tackle. But thats just my take on it and I heard Shanon is loosening up.

I heard someone said we are doing good with Shariff Floyd.

Comment

• Floyd ain't coming here and he ain't even a top target with Nix and Chandler in the fold.

Zach Allen also said the same swagger comments in his interview. Althought I don't get the "getting away from that" talk you just posted.

You recruit the best players period. Swagger or no swagger. The swagger comes with winning. You can have tons of swagger in HS and it wont show if you suck in college.

Comment

• Javarie Johnson's committ is now official per Rivals and ESPNU's football recruiting site. What's his position going to be here? He seemed perfect as a 3-4 OLB. I'm guessing OLB here being that our D-line is pretty stacked for the next couple of years.

Comment

• He said he's a LB all the way.

I heard our coaching staff has compared him to Brian Cushing.

Comment

• Newest Mock Class. Lots of changes from the last one with tons of commits going down recently and tons of new news coming out as coach evals have been getting done.

QB- Joseph Brennan, Cherry Hill (NJ) Camden Catholic (3*)
            RB- Darion Hall, Naples (FL) Lely (3*)
            RB- Giovanni Bernard, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (4* Rivals250)
            FB- Maurice Hagens, Tampa (FL) Tampa Bay Tech (3*)
            WR- Ivan McCartney, Miramar (FL) Miramar (4* Rivals100)
            WR- Michael Lee Harris, Miami (FL) Northwestern (4* Rivals100)
            WR- Sean Tapley, Jacksonville (FL) Raines (3*)
            TE- David Perry, Ft Lauderdale (FL) University School (3*)
            TE- Alex Smith, Cincinnati (OH) Lakota West (4* Rivals250)
            OL- Shane McDermott, Wellington (FL) Palm Beach Central (3*)
            OL- Jonathan Feliciano, Davie (FL) Western (3*)
            OL- Tavadis Glenn, Jacksonville (FL) Terry Parker (4* Rivals250)

OL- Brandon Linder, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (4* Rivals250)
            OL- Torrian Wilson, Miami (FL) Northwestern (4* Rivals250)(UA)

DT- Todd Chandler, Miami (FL) Northwestern (4* Rivals250)(UA)
            DT- Louis Nix, Jacksonville (FL) Raines HS (4* Rivals250)(UA)

DE-Corey Lemonier, Hialeah (FL) Hialeah (4* Rivals100)(UA)
            LB- Zach Allen, Pahokee (FL) Pahokee (3*)
            LB- Michael Taylor, Atlanta (GA) Westlake (3*)(UA)
            LB- Javarie Johnson, Washington (DC) Dunbar HS (4* Rivals250)
            CB- Jeremy Davis, Fort Myers (FL) Fort Myers (NR)

CB- Darius Robinson, Atlanta (GA) Westlake (3*)
            CB- Keion Payne, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (3*)
            CB- Terrence Mitchell, Tampa (FL) Hillsborough (4* Rivals100)

Here are some of the other options:

QB- Brandon Hill, Audubon (NJ) Audubon (3*)
            RB- Tevin Drake, Brooksville (FL) Nature Coast (3*)
            RB- Devon Wright, Ft Lauderdale (FL) Travella (3*)
            RB- Eduardo Clements, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington (4* Rivals250)
            TE- Lynden Trail, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington (4* Rivals250)
            TE- Brian Vogler, Columbus (GA) Brookstone School (4* Rivals250)
            WR- Shawn Corker, Ft Lauderdale (FL) Cardinal Gibbons (3*)
            WR- Allen Hurns, Miami (FL) Carol City (NR)
            OL- Tramell Williams, Jacksonville (FL) Robert E. Lee (3*)
            DT- Sharrif Floyd, Philadelphia (PA) George Washington (4* Rivals100)
            LB- Jeff Luc, Port Saint Lucie (FL) Treasure Coast (5* Rivals100)(UA)
            LB- Kevin Nelson, Gainesville (FL) Gainesville (NR)
            LB- Tyrone Cornelius, Stone Mountain (GA) Stephenson (3*)
            CB- Cliff Coleman, Lauderdale Lakes (FL) Boyd Anderson (NR)
            CB- Tony Grimes, Hollywood (FL) Hollywood Hills (3*)
            CB - Greg Dent, Belle Glades (FL) Glades Central (NR)
            S- Daunte Carr, Gainesville (GA) Gainesville High (3*)
            S- Brian Robinson, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (4*)

Comment

• That's not my ideal TE class. Not a fan of Alex Smith...he can stick with Cincy.

Then replace Payne with Brian Robinson and that's a near-perfect class.

Also, we better fight for Ogletree. I still want Allen...but at TE.

Looks like Bunche and Kent will be heading to prep school in the fall.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• The offensive side is fine. Id really like different TE's tho. And I could live with the defense if Taylor and Mitchell were definitely in the claas. But it doesnt look that way.

Fla St. just had another arrest for Grand Theft. I dont know why all this doesnt get talked about when speaking on Jeff Luc.

Comment

• Originally posted by fresssh View Post
                  The offensive side is fine. Id really like different TE's tho. And I could live with the defense if Taylor and Mitchell were definitely in the claas. But it doesnt look that way.

Fla St. just had another arrest for Grand Theft. I dont know why all this doesnt get talked about when speaking on Jeff Luc.
                  -Taylor is split pretty evenly between us and UGA it appears. I think it comes down to Robinson. We take Robinson and our chances of Taylor go way up. Without Robinson, you can forget Taylor.

-Good news is that Robinson has decided on us already. He is a Cane all the way. He's just waiting for coaches to allow him to commit. Seeing as we now have an extra spot open since we likely aren't taking a kicker and the fact that we have to recruit, Kent now, it seems like the chances we take Robinson just went up.

-Zach Allen was a top TE target but apparently wants to stay at LB. We only liked him as a backup option at LB. But seeing as we missed on Ogletree, here comes Allen. Allen was willing to pass Miami to play LB at WF but with us now taking him as a LB, he wants to come here.

-Mitchell is the biggest question mark of the group. We are for sure running a solid 2nd to FSU and FSU would have to screw up to lose him. However, Mitchell calls Todd Chandler his brother and grew up with him, he has never visited down here and he is planning on committing late in the game. If we can get him to visit, hang with Chandler and the MNW boys, we will up our chances considerably. As of right now, the chance of him visiting look very, very good. It's a tough pull from FSU. But we are in about as good a position as we could hope to be.

-When it comes to Luc, FSU didn't have one of his friends murdered while at the school. Bottom line. It's alot easier to overlook academic probation and team arrests then it is to overlook one of your family friends being murdered across the street from campus.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
                    -Taylor is split pretty evenly between us and UGA it appears. I think it comes down to Robinson. We take Robinson and our chances of Taylor go way up. Without Robinson, you can forget Taylor.

-Good news is that Robinson has decided on us already. He is a Cane all the way. He's just waiting for coaches to allow him to commit. Seeing as we now have an extra spot open since we likely aren't taking a kicker and the fact that we have to recruit, Kent now, it seems like the chances we take Robinson just went up.

-Zach Allen was a top TE target but apparently wants to stay at LB. We only liked him as a backup option at LB. But seeing as we missed on Ogletree, here comes Allen. Allen was willing to pass Miami to play LB at WF but with us now taking him as a LB, he wants to come here.

-Mitchell is the biggest question mark of the group. We are for sure running a solid 2nd to FSU and FSU would have to screw up to lose him. However, Mitchell calls Todd Chandler his brother and grew up with him, he has never visited down here and he is planning on committing late in the game. If we can get him to visit, hang with Chandler and the MNW boys, we will up our chances considerably. As of right now, the chance of him visiting look very, very good. It's a tough pull from FSU. But we are in about as good a position as we could hope to be.

-When it comes to Luc, FSU didn't have one of his friends murdered while at the school. Bottom line. It's alot easier to overlook academic probation and team arrests then it is to overlook one of your family friends being murdered across the street from campus.
                    D Robinson just said "We'll probably be going our separate ways" in reference to him and Taylor. I really hope we take Robinson....for Robinson, not to help with Taylor. He's the best CB we're after right now IMO and I want him over Taylor. We can always get more good LBs but right now our CB pool is average. I like Jeremy Davis and Terrence Mitchell, but after that our remaining targets are shaky. Robinson is a must.

Have we really missed on Ogletree? I thought it's not over yet with him.

Allen is delusional. He's a better TE than LB prospect and he has a much better shot of seeing the field at TE.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by etk View Post
                      D Robinson just said "We'll probably be going our separate ways" in reference to him and Taylor. I really hope we take Robinson....for Robinson, not to help with Taylor. He's the best CB we're after right now IMO and I want him over Taylor. We can always get more good LBs but right now our CB pool is average. I like Jeremy Davis and Terrence Mitchell, but after that our remaining targets are shaky. Robinson is a must.

Have we really missed on Ogletree? I thought it's not over yet with him.

Allen is delusional. He's a better TE than LB prospect and he has a much better shot of seeing the field at TE.
                      I want Robinson as well. Regardless of Taylor. But that's up to coaches to finally take him.

Ogletree is over to UGA from my understanding. Even if he wasn't set, the chances of him switching now are slim with all the local pressure he just put on himself with the commit.

Comment

• http://thecaneswire.blogspot.com/200...ringhouse.html

Comment

• Not gonna lie, I'm pretty bummed about the Ogletree loss. I really thought we were the frontrunners for him. My other favorite prospect this year is probably TE/DE Lynden Trail. What are our chances with him?
                          Last edited by thebow305; 06-30-2009, 03:35 PM.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
                            Seeing as we now have an extra spot open since we likely aren't taking a kicker and the fact that we have to recruit, Kent now, it seems like the chances we take Robinson just went up.

Why are we not taking a kicker anymore? What's the word on Palardy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                              Why are we not taking a kicker anymore? What's the word on Palardy?
                              Down to LSU and Tenn.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• You think we've made that much progress with Alex Smith already? Hasn't it only been a couple of weeks? Also a mock class without any safties?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information