Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2015 Canes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • To be honest, just the fact of having only 2 QB's on our roster scares me. If Harris goes down the season is over anyways but Cook or Smith would give us a better shot to win than Highsmith.

    Sig by BoneKrusher

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
      I personally thought Cook had talent as the perfect backup. Could come in a game and not lose the game (unlike the true freshman who most pegged as a safety who is now our backup) and he also has enough tools to possibly develop into a really good D1 QB by his 4-5th year here.

      I think it's a huge loss.
      How does he strike you as a game manager? He's a raw toolsman with no accuracy on intermediate and deep routes at all. His mechanics are horrendous and he hasn't played a down of meaningful football in 2 years. Sorry, he's not the "perfect backup".
      "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
        To be honest, just the fact of having only 2 QB's on our roster scares me. If Harris goes down the season is over anyways but Cook or Smith would give us a better shot to win than Highsmith.
        How do you know this? You've never seen them play. Highsmith has been good with the second team all spring and now fall. My guess is Randy told them they weren't going to play, ever, and they left.
        "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

        Comment


        • Countdown to kickoff.....

          12 Days

          Comment


          • Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
            Countdown to kickoff.....

            12 Days
            Well tomorrow's player should be obvious...

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
              To be honest, just the fact of having only 2 QB's on our roster scares me. If Harris goes down the season is over anyways but Cook or Smith would give us a better shot to win than Highsmith.
              Highsmith outplaying Cook and Smith to earn 2nd team reps all last week says your wrong.

              We had the same chance to win with Highsmith as we do with Cook. Unfortunately that chance is zero.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
                Highsmith outplaying Cook and Smith to earn 2nd team reps all last week says your wrong.

                We had the same chance to win with Highsmith as we do with Cook. Unfortunately that chance is zero.
                I agree with you, except the last sentence.

                It really depends who we're playing. Obviously we'd be in tough with Highsmith in our first 4 games. But even if Harris goes down early in the season, we still should have a similar record to last year and make a bowl game. Our defense and RBs will shoulder the load while Highsmith will be limited to short passes and scrambling.

                It's not much different from Marve last year, except now our team is better and more experienced overall. VT won games with Tyrod Taylor scrambling and making easy short passes. We could do the same.

                Anyways I don't buy into the "Jacory is fragile" or "we're 1 hit away from losing the season" BS so I'm not worried about our QB situation.

                sig by BoneKrusher

                Comment


                • Originally posted by etk View Post
                  I agree with you, except the last sentence.

                  It really depends who we're playing. Obviously we'd be in tough with Highsmith in our first 4 games. But even if Harris goes down early in the season, we still should have a similar record to last year and make a bowl game. Our defense and RBs will shoulder the load while Highsmith will be limited to short passes and scrambling.

                  It's not much different from Marve last year, except now our team is better and more experienced overall. VT won games with Tyrod Taylor scrambling and making easy short passes. We could do the same.

                  Anyways I don't buy into the "Jacory is fragile" or "we're 1 hit away from losing the season" BS so I'm not worried about our QB situation.
                  I don't buy the Jacory is fragile either. He took some good shots last year, played thru some pain and still did a heck of a job at a much small size then he is now. Every team is one hit away. If UF loses Tebow, they can kiss the NC goodbye. Every team will take a huge blow if they lose their QB. No different with us.

                  I should have reharsed what I meant about winning zero games. We will still win some. But instead of penciling in wins against Clemson and UNC, those will likely reverse and we'll be looking at 6-6 or 7-6 instead of 8-4 or 9-3.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
                    I don't buy the Jacory is fragile either. He took some good shots last year, played thru some pain and still did a heck of a job at a much small size then he is now. Every team is one hit away. If UF loses Tebow, they can kiss the NC goodbye. Every team will take a huge blow if they lose their QB. No different with us.
                    Totally agree. Because Jacory is so thin, people assume he's fragile and injury prone and he's proven those people wrong. Jacory is a smart runner. He avoids big hits, he'll step out of bounds when he needs to and he'll slide or go down before he takes an unnecessary hit. I'm not too concerned about him getting injured especially because he is a pass first QB.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
                      I don't buy the Jacory is fragile either. He took some good shots last year, played thru some pain and still did a heck of a job at a much small size then he is now. Every team is one hit away. If UF loses Tebow, they can kiss the NC goodbye. Every team will take a huge blow if they lose their QB. No different with us.

                      I should have reharsed what I meant about winning zero games. We will still win some. But instead of penciling in wins against Clemson and UNC, those will likely reverse and we'll be looking at 6-6 or 7-6 instead of 8-4 or 9-3.
                      He was 162 when he first stepped foot on campus. He's 190 now....the same height/weight as Aaron Kelly who was one of the ACC's leading receivers for years and took his fair share of hits as well.

                      Size has nothing to do with being injury prone. The only injury that's somewhat related to size is a concussion because the smaller you are the more you suffer from impact.

                      sig by BoneKrusher

                      Comment


                      • 11 Days to Kickoff.

                        Comment


                        • ^ Ken Dorsey. A legend of Miami Hurricanes football. I've been watching some older games recently and he has to be considered as one of the best college QB's of all time. He was amazing.

                          Sig by BoneKrusher

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
                            ^ Ken Dorsey. A legend of Miami Hurricanes football. I've been watching some older games recently and he has to be considered as one of the best college QB's of all time. He was amazing.
                            One of the winningest QB's in CFB History. Obviously he looked better because of the talent around but Dorsey had the ability to make the big plays to win the games. He was a leader and he could throw the ball into tight places. The program hasn't been the same since he left.

                            Comment


                            • One thing that's bothering me about this situation is that Shannon is not accepting any transfers. He says three quarterbacks called and asked him if they could transfer to Miami. That's all well and good, they ain't gonna play anyways in case of injury. Why not accept one of them and have them run the scout team? They've gotta be better than Perelli. Now the defense has a much more difficult time preparing for games with a schedule that includes games vs Sam Bradford, Russell Wilson, etc
                              "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by djp View Post
                                One thing that's bothering me about this situation is that Shannon is not accepting any transfers. He says three quarterbacks called and asked him if they could transfer to Miami. That's all well and good, they ain't gonna play anyways in case of injury. Why not accept one of them and have them run the scout team? They've gotta be better than Perelli. Now the defense has a much more difficult time preparing for games with a schedule that includes games vs Sam Bradford, Russell Wilson, etc
                                Good Point. Totally agree.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information