2015 Canes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moncur is out for FSU
    "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• We got Vernon, Robinson, Wesley, Smith.

Not great, but good enough. Still love our DL.

It's the DBs I'm worried about until I see otherwise.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• This is really the first season in a long time where I have no real idea of what's going to happen. We are a damn good football team, but does anyone REALLY know how good of a coach Randy Shannon is? This is his time to shine.

I just want to beat FSU and go from there.
        "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• I still don't really hold Shannon responsible for gameday coaching. It's more up to the coordinators.

Bobby Bowden feels the same way about the game. Both teams are gonna feel around/trial and error to start and we'll see how it goes from there.

Bowden's a great interview.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
            This is really the first season in a long time where I have no real idea of what's going to happen. We are a damn good football team, but does anyone REALLY know how good of a coach Randy Shannon is? This is his time to shine.

I just want to beat FSU and go from there.
            One thing I do know.. you guys got a tough schedule!

Comment

• I hate talking about schedule difficulty. We have better talent than everyone on our schedule except OU (regardless of what FSU fans keep telling themselves). It's up to us to win in the ACC.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by etk View Post
                I hate talking about schedule difficulty. We have better talent than everyone on our schedule except OU (regardless of what FSU fans keep telling themselves). It's up to us to win in the ACC.
                I agree, but if it's this early in the season, it's obviously a concern. New offense and defense. I definitely think that it will be a benefit on offense, but a detriment on defense. New schemes need adjustments.

Comment

I hate talking about schedule difficulty. We have better talent than everyone on our schedule except OU (regardless of what FSU fans keep telling themselves). It's up to us to win in the ACC.
                  Yeah but as we all know, talent can only get you so far. The road games on your schedule are brutal. Not trying to be a negative nancy here, just giving credit to a tough schedule.

Comment

Very true. People use the lack of experience as a excuse and a reason to lower expectations. But player for player, athlete for athlete, they're just as good or better than everybody in the ACC.

Comment

• I'm so jacked for the game. I'll be there Monday night...but I don't like the idea of the Labor Day game. It needs to be a mid-season game like it traditionally has been.

Comment

• If you know whats good for you.. You'll use Frank Gore when there's 3 days left. If you know whats good for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigJohn98 View Post
                          I'm so jacked for the game. I'll be there Monday night...but I don't like the idea of the Labor Day game. It needs to be a mid-season game like it traditionally has been.
                          I'll be there Monday as well.

I've long felt good about our matchup with FSU tho. I just don't feel they are as good a team as they were last year. The lost their top 3 tacklers, the best pass rusher, and the entire secondary save for Patrick Robinson.

They have huge ? at WR and who knows if Jermaine Thomas will be able to run inside consistently. He's a good off tackle back and can get yards in bunches but he always struck me as the type that could wear down easy and could struggle to pick up 3rd and shorts.

I just really like the matchup with them. Whipple you'd assume would keep them guessing seeing as no one has any info on him at all being his 1st game so thats a huge plus, and our defense while brand new, doesn't exactly have tons to worry about because they don't have much of a passing attack.

I see this game as plain and simple, We are gonna score some points, they are gonna score some points, it'll be close to the end as usual. Key to the the game, Miami needs to stop the run. If we are able to stack the box and stuff Thomas and Ponder, game over. If not, FSU could take it.

I feel much better about our chances tho with the game being so early (OL wont be 100% in sync) and our DL is much better and deeper then a year ago.

But I feel we have much more going for us into this game then FSU doesand I feel we are a much better team then we are generally given credit for while FSU has been pretty overrated based off last year. I don't think they got better from the past year. Too many questions need to be answered.

Comment

• Miami are my team 1c so hoping for good things this year. Cant wait for the season to kick off. Preseason just isn't the same as real football...

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

• (I thought about Steve Walsh but who am I to deny D-Hest)
                              Last edited by TACKLE; 09-03-2009, 05:45 PM.

Comment

• I love the match up as well and I've got a lot of ******* money riding on it too...hope I am not gambling with my biased heart. But yea...think we win outright.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information