2015 Canes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
    Man that's wayyyy too much optimism if you think two second year players in Billy 'Idaho' Sanders and Stephen 'I'm a tackle, not a TE' Plein plus two incoming freshman can provide enough depth at the TE spot. No way.
    Every team has their weak spots when they lose guys to graduation and such. But we will have 2 RS freshman that have a year in the offense and 2 incoming freshman to play TE. Thats 4 bodies at the position which is more then we could have said at the begining of this season when we only had Richard Gordon, Daniel Adderley and Tevaris Johnson at the start of spring.

You worry too much. Coaches are bringing in talent at TE. Let it compete and it will work itself out.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
      Every team has their weak spots when they lose guys to graduation and such. But we will have 2 RS freshman that have a year in the offense and 2 incoming freshman to play TE. Thats 4 bodies at the position which is more then we could have said at the begining of this season when we only had Richard Gordon, Daniel Adderley and Tevaris Johnson at the start of spring.

You worry too much. Coaches are bringing in talent at TE. Let it compete and it will work itself out.
      I don't worry too much and I am one of the more optimistic Cane fans for this season and next...but I just don't understand how anyone can not be concerned about the TE position when we are relying on a RS Freshman who was not that highly thought of coming out of Idaho, a guy who will be a tackle in college, not a TE and two freshmen, one who we can't identify yet and one who is a major project...even as a HS senior. It's without a doubt the biggest area of concern for 2010 IMO.

edt: BTW, Plein has already (ahead of schedule) moved to offensive tackle, not sure why we are including him in the depth chart for TE. So as of right now next year we have Billy Sanders and Clive Walford for 2010.
      Last edited by Hollywood; 09-04-2009, 01:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
        I don't worry too much and I am one of the more optimistic Cane fans for this season and next...but I just don't understand how anyone can not be concerned about the TE position when we are relying on a RS Freshman who was not that highly thought of coming out of Idaho, a guy who will be a tackle in college, not a TE and two freshmen, one who we can't identify yet and one who is a major project...even as a HS senior. It's without a doubt the biggest area of concern for 2010 IMO.

edt: BTW, Plein has already (ahead of schedule) moved to offensive tackle, not sure why we are including him in the depth chart for TE. So as of right now next year we have Billy Sanders and Clive Walford for 2010.
        Plein hasn't been moved to OT yet. He's taking some reps there according to what his dad told some papers but he hasn't been moved there full time. That's still down the road.

And I don't get your gripes about everything Canes lately. Complaining about recruiting, complaining about the TEs. What is the damn deal?

We are 3 days away from the opener against FSU and you've been griping about everything under the sun.

TE will be fine. Worry about next season after this one is over. The numbers and situation is what it is. No sense in moaning and groaning about it. The position will be fine. We got bodies we can move there if need be. Worry about it later.

And stop worrying about recruiting. All the Lemonier and Linder talk on the other forum and the sky is falling BS is completely nonsense. Question Randy's coaching, his playcalling, his player development all you want but please don't tell me your concerned with recruiting. All Randy has done is bring in stud, after stud, after stud. This year will be no different.

Comment

Where'd you get this from. Theres a chance he starts seeing as Randy said the depth chart isn't final and Randy loves moving guys around but I seriously doubt that Randy would name him the start mere hours after putting him on the 2nd string.

Also, the starting lineups likely won't be set until game day.This new depth chart just gives us a peak at what coaches are thinking.
          I hope you're right. Jojo Nicolas starting over Telemaque is beyond ridiculous. I was enraged when I saw that.

I thought Ray Ray would have a better chance at starting than Nicolas.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Plein hasn't been moved to OT yet. He's taking some reps there according to what his dad told some papers but he hasn't been moved there full time. That's still down the road.

And I don't get your gripes about everything Canes lately. Complaining about recruiting, complaining about the TEs. What is the damn deal?

We are 3 days away from the opener against FSU and you've been griping about everything under the sun.

TE will be fine. Worry about next season after this one is over. The numbers and situation is what it is. No sense in moaning and groaning about it. The position will be fine. We got bodies we can move there if need be. Worry about it later.

And stop worrying about recruiting. All the Lemonier and Linder talk on the other forum and the sky is falling BS is completely nonsense. Question Randy's coaching, his playcalling, his player development all you want but please don't tell me your concerned with recruiting. All Randy has done is bring in stud, after stud, after stud. This year will be no different.
            Please, give me a break. Not being doom and gloom here at all. If you want to argue that I should worry about next year, next year...fine...but it's stupid to say that we will be fine at TE next year. I only brought it up because I wondered who they were going to move over there to help remedy the situation...IE I wasn't complaining.

It's not even a debate to say that we are going to be weak at TE next year, it is fact. To say otherwise is naive and dumb and I doubt you could fine a handful of Cane fans who would agree with that we will be fine there next year. So whatever. Not being doom and gloom here.

And the thing with recruiting stands. If the Hurricanes miss out on the three best players in South Florida (Joyner, Lemonier and Linder) there is a large reason for concern IMO. It hasn't happened yet so I'm not stressing over it...just stating that as my opinion. I don't see what's so doom and gloom about that.

No need to over dramatize my posts when there is no drama here.

Comment

• Originally posted by thebow305 View Post
              I hope you're right. Jojo Nicolas starting over Telemaque is beyond ridiculous. I was enraged when I saw that.
              lol. Something about this quote makes me laugh. I'm just picturing it being said out loud.

I agree tho, but I'm pretty sure VT is gonna start,

Just my .02 on the TE thing...I'm with Hollywood 100%. You sound like you're copping out and ignoring the situation Joey with all this "numbers" and "bodies" talk. We're really not fine considering the lack of experience, depth and talent at the position for next year. IDK what's going through your head to make you think otherwise.

Additionally, I think it would be pretty bad if we missed on Linder. I'm not too worried about Joyner (FSU fan who's overrated) and Lemonier (other targets) but losing Linder would be a massive failure. We're talking about a kid who by accounts loves Miami and is on board with the direction of the team. He's big, versatile and has a complete game. And he goes to STA. Losing him to UF would put a huge asterisk on this recruiting class in my books.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• That is correct comahan
                I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                <3 dg

Comment

• Comment

• It's tonight. I'm calling the U 24-21 over FSU.

Comment

• From another ACC fan, just thought I would say I am excited about this game. Should be a detirminer of where the two Florida ACC programs are at.

Can't really say I'm rooting for the Canes, because they are in the Coastal with VT, but it should be fun.

Hokies are number one though! :)
                      Virginia Tech.
                      ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• Travis Benjamin > you.
                        CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                        JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

• The countdown is at 0. Its gameday. I cant wait for tonight.
                          My prediction- Miami 23 Florida State 17

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I'm soooooo ready for this ****.

That is correct comahan
                            I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                            <3 dg

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X