No announcement yet.

2015 Canes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry but there isn't a good enough excuse as to why Arthur Brown hasn't taken a single snap at LB in the 14 games he's suited up. None. I understand he has McCarthy ahead of him at the moment but when McCarthy went down last year he couldn't overtake GLENN COOK for PT. Spence, Buchanan, Robinson, & Futch have all seen the field. Arthur Brown has not. I'm just about done hoping he steps up. Not a single down played at the LB position yet is very indicting of the kid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
      Damn and I thought we only had to worry about 1 way, I counted 6...
      It all ties into one way. If we try to throw it 60 times we are going to get throttled again.

There is 6 aspects to beating GT.

Many things go into beating this team.

You know what I mean.
      "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostDeini View Post
        Sorry but there isn't a good enough excuse as to why Arthur Brown hasn't taken a single snap at LB in the 14 games he's suited up. None. I understand he has McCarthy ahead of him at the moment but when McCarthy went down last year he couldn't overtake GLENN COOK for PT. Spence, Buchanan, Robinson, & Futch have all seen the field. Arthur Brown has not. I'm just about done hoping he steps up. Not a single down played at the LB position yet is very indicting of the kid.
        So I guess you would have wrote off Sean Taylor when he redshirted his 1st year and didn't play anything but ST his entire 2nd season.

Great line of thinking.

Really, let's write the kid off after 1 season. I mean geez, he's letting absolutely scrubs beat him out for a job.

Comment

• New avatar!
          "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• What are you talking about ? Sean Taylor was never red-shirted. He was 1 of 6 freshmen that played on the 2001 team and by his sophmore year he was already starting and had 4 picks on the year dude. Also, wheres the guy that said Ray Ray Armstrong won't even travel to Tally with the team ? LMFAO !! Anyway, back to Arthur Brown I don't think he'll ever make an impact here to be honest. He can't even get snaps at LB while every other LB recruited that year has already seen the field. Like I said I'm done wishing he steps up.

Comment

What are you talking about ? Sean Taylor was never red-shirted. He was 1 of 6 freshmen that played on the 2001 team and by his sophmore year he was already starting and had 4 picks on the year dude. Also, wheres the guy that said Ray Ray Armstrong won't even travel to Tally with the team ? LMFAO !! Anyway, back to Arthur Brown I don't think he'll ever make an impact here to be honest. He can't even get snaps at LB while every other LB recruited that year has already seen the field. Like I said I'm done wishing he steps up.
              Oh sorry. I didn't release I was able to see the future to know that 2 of our top safeties and ST players (VT and Hill) would get injured the last practice before the game. My bad, I'll try to predict injuries correctly next time before talking about who will travel to the game.

Oh and not every LB recruit has seen the field, Futch has yet to play anything but ST. Holton as well. The only 2 LB recruits from that class to see more PT then Arthur Brown has been Spence and Buchanan. But I guess we should write off Futch and Holton as busts as well. Man and to think, Harland Gunn was a huge bust. Took him 3 years to contribute. How did he do the other nite?

Comment

• Man I can't wait for Brown to take over. He's a monster!

Comment

What are you talking about ? Sean Taylor was never red-shirted. He was 1 of 6 freshmen that played on the 2001 team and by his sophmore year he was already starting and had 4 picks on the year dude. Also, wheres the guy that said Ray Ray Armstrong won't even travel to Tally with the team ? LMFAO !! Anyway, back to Arthur Brown I don't think he'll ever make an impact here to be honest. He can't even get snaps at LB while every other LB recruited that year has already seen the field. Like I said I'm done wishing he steps up.
                  wow dude.....seriously?

Our starting LBs are Sean Spence (FR AA), Colin McCarthy (started as a So) & Darryl Sharpton (started as a Soph). Brown didn't beat them out...deal with it. He's made some plays in practices and scrimmages and he's done well on special teams. There's no need to jump to conclusions. He's gonna have 2 years to start here and I'm sure he'll do fine.

Sometimes I wonder if you're actually serious when you post or you're just an annoying troll. You might think you're a fan of the U but you're not reppin' us when you're an embarrassment on this forum. Please try to think before you hit the Submit Reply button.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I heard the playbook was pretty tough for him whereas Spence thrived picking it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                      I heard the playbook was pretty tough for him whereas Spence thrived picking it up.
                      It's not only that. He had a hard time adjusting to the speed and complexity of college football. He's still a great athlete and playmaker but our staff isn't gonna put guys on the field if they don't know what they're doing. Spence still makes a ton of mental mistakes and he's as smart as it gets for a young LB.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• LMAO@questioning my Canes allegiance. I'm the biggest Canes fan in here. We got some "Canes fans" in here that thought The late GREAT Sean Taylor was redshirted and only played on special teams as sophmore. Well then who did Maurice Clarett strip the ball from in the Fiasco Bowl after an int in the endzone ?

Anyway, like I said every LB we signed in 2008 has already played EXCEPT Arthur Brown (C.J. Holton came in as Safety). There is no excuse for that other than he might be no good. Dude couldn't come in relief of G L E N N C O O K for god's sakes. Not for a single snap. The frustrating thing is that an entire off season went by to get ready for FSU and still NOTHING from the him. Watch Kevin Nelson come in next year and play and this guy still hasn't picked up the technique.

Off topic, do you guys feel good about Nicholas playing ? Dude sucks imo. I did like what I saw from Randy Phillips though. He was in alot of plays and made a clutch int. I would love our safeties to be Phillips & Armstrong. Vaughn Telemaque is just as unproven as Ray Ray but Ray is the way better athlete.

Comment

LMAO@questioning my Canes allegiance. I'm the biggest Canes fan in here. We got some "Canes fans" in here that thought The late GREAT Sean Taylor was redshirted and only played on special teams as sophmore. Well then who did Maurice Clarett strip the ball from in the Fiasco Bowl after an int in the endzone ?

Anyway, like I said every LB we signed in 2008 has already played EXCEPT Arthur Brown (C.J. Holton came in as Safety). There is no excuse for that other than he might be no good. Dude couldn't come in relief of G L E N N C O O K for god's sakes. Not for a single snap. The frustrating thing is that an entire off season went by to get ready for FSU and still NOTHING from the him. Watch Kevin Nelson come in next year and play and this guy still hasn't picked up the technique.

Off topic, do you guys feel good about Nicholas playing ? Dude sucks imo. I did like what I saw from Randy Phillips though. He was in alot of plays and made a clutch int. I would love our safeties to be Phillips & Armstrong. Vaughn Telemaque is just as unproven as Ray Ray but Ray is the way better athlete.

I'm gonna ignore the shot at my Canes alligence just because I thought Taylor redshirted a year before spending an entire year as ST. Forgive me for thinking he sat on the bench for a year like every other freshmen we had coming in at the time. It was over 8 years ago. My Bad. Point still stands that he made the same exactly impact as a freshman that Arthur did.

Secondly. Futch (who you conveniently left out) hasn't played more then Arthur Brown and Holton is a LB. I don't care if he came in as a safety. It's all technicalities because we knew he'd eventually grow into a LB here. Fact remains that Arthur has done way more here then Futch or Holton and yet you call Arthur a bust but not the other 2.

Oh an your point about him beating out Glenn Cook is stupid as well. Arthur practiced outside all year last year. Didn't take a single snap inside. Kinda hard to beat out Glenn Cook for the MLB job when your being looked at as a pure OLB. Arthur didn't move to the middle til spring ball when he was noticeably bigger and stronger. Not to mention, Glenn Cook didn't earn his job based on talent. He played based on the fact that our defense needed someone that had some experience in the middle. Unless Arthur Brown can rewind time and make himself much older and smarter he wasn't gonna play ahead of Cook.

BTW... If your the biggest Cane fan here. Maybe you should be productive in thsi thread instead of calling out other Cane fans and Cane players because they aren't perfect. Your a troll with no insite. Any moron can go, "Duh, he sucks, he doesnt play"

Comment

• If Jordan Futch is # 58 then yes he's been on the field lined up at LB. Brown has not. Usually everybody plays in the first game of the season yet this kids number has never been called, ever.

Why are the FSU freshmen playing ? Greg Reid first NCAA game was incredible and I also saw Jacobbi McDaniel in there a few times. Even last year Nigel Bradham played some and by his sophmore year they're expecting alot from him.

Comment

If Jordan Futch is # 58 then yes he's been on the field lined up at LB. Brown has not. Usually everybody plays in the first game of the season yet this kids number has never been called, ever.

Why are the FSU freshmen playing ? Greg Reid first NCAA game was incredible and I also saw Jacobbi McDaniel in there a few times. Even last year Nigel Bradham played some and by his sophmore year they're expecting alot from him.
                              Did you ever think that maybe we have more depth than FSU and we dont need to play all of our young players like them.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• We may have a little more depth than they do NOW but this wasn't the case LAST YEAR. How many freshmen got to play a year ago ? Yet this kids number has never been counted on. An entire off season went by for him to improve, FSU game is here and this kid still can not see the field. That is all I'm saying. I am not going to count on him for anything anymore. He has been useless so far because EVERY OTHER LB WE SIGNED THAT YEAR HAS ALREADY PLAYED.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information