Clear All

• Good game.
    Virginia Tech.
    ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
      Good game.
      For you maybe.;) You guys outplayed us today especially in the trenches. We couldnt tackle Williams either. VA Tech suprised me today. Good game anyways.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
        We played like absolute **** today. I think I threw up in my mouth at least 5times. Our defense couldnt tackle, Jimmy Graham dropped everything thrown his way,Jacory Harris was not crisp and Matt Pipho got abused more than once.
        The offensive line's poor play was far and away the biggest part of the loss. When Jacory had time, he was fine. Then, he tried to force since we were down so much. Pipho was absolutely terrible. He was beaten over half the plays we passed.

Defensively, no contain (really? We didn't cover that in the gameplan? Why was Taylor running so free all the time?), no tackling, ill-timed blitzes..

Overall, thoroughly outcoached on both sides of the ball coordinators wise. Lovett was one step behind VT all game and Whipple didn't impress me at all running super deep routes in a driving rain the entire first half with a struggling offensive line.

You guys gotta remember that there are still going to be some growing pains.

That corner blitz has killed us this year, so far. Giving VT a short field/confidence was huge.

Also, Jimmy Graham and Sharpton, really? Sharpton on that 44 yard run, the guy had one place to go pinned on the sidelines and Sharpton bit on the fake... be aware please. Graham was a project, he's a terrible blocker and we're all aware that he's afraid to get hit now. He's a product of whiff after whiff recruiting tight ends.

One other thing, did we really leave Chavez Grant 1 on 1 with Boykin on a clear passing down?
        "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• We really need to find a replacement for Pipho. We have to have someone better than this. Jason Worlids flat out abused him today. On one play he pushed him straight down and on another play Pipho didnt even get a hand on him. We need to upgrade that position.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• That was fun while it lasted.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
            Originally posted by njx9
            do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Best of luck with OU. Good game. I know the U is going to come very hard at us next year at your place.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
              2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
              2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• We played with no intensity today. 2nd half was a little better, but we still played without any fire. On D, didnt agree with a lot of the blitz calls when u got a guy that can only beat u with his feet. Jacory got too used to the protection the past 2 games. O-Line was terrible. Weather hurt us a lot more then them, because we have a passing game.

Call me supersticious, but in the last few years, i dont think we ever won a game when we came with suits. Last year i remember Cal and N.C. we came out flat wearing siuts to the game. I know it would of affected me getting hype for the game, but thats just me. Were going to war, not church, I disagree with it.

Got to get 1 positive note in. Ray Ray had a nice play.

Comment

• Upside is that 'Cannes team is still very young, and they have a chance of going through the ACC with one loss and still can beat OU.

11-1 isn't a bad season and would probably put them in the BCS as an at large bid.

Comment

• I had to miss the game and I saw the score and I was depressed. What the hell happened? How did VT score 31 points with one of the worst passing QB's in CFB. I'm just stunned. I don't know what else to say.
                    Last edited by TACKLE; 09-26-2009, 08:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                      I had to miss the game and I saw the score and I was depressed. What the hell happened? How did VT score 31 points with one of the worst passing QB's in CFB. I just stunned. I don't know what else to say.
                      In a quick summary, our O-line played like garbage(mostly Pipho) and we couldn't tackle Ryan Williams.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Well you gave up 272 rushing yards to start. Only had 59 rush yards yourselves. Your tight end basically killed the comeback and momentum with the 2 drops. 1-11 third down conversion.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                        2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                        2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                          I had to miss the game and I saw the score and I was depressed. What the hell happened? How did VT score 31 points with one of the worst passing QB's in CFB. I'm just stunned. I don't know what else to say.
                          VTs offense was really only responsible for 17 of the 31 points. We had a blocked punt returned for a TD and Pipho missed a huge blitz pickup that let Jacory get leveled for a fumble in the RZ.

Our defense gave up alot more yards then they did points.

They still did not play well however.

But alot of this loss goes on poor tackling and bad blocking. Back to basics in practice this week.

Comment

• I missed the game too (work). I guess it was sort of a good thing though. I also read Graham the former basketball dude dropped 2 key passes.
                            Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

Sig by, Hitman D

Comment

• Originally posted by katnip View Post
                              I missed the game too (work). I guess it was sort of a good thing though. I also read Graham the former basketball dude dropped 2 key passes.
                              The 2nd half had a down to the wire slugfest written all over it. Until Graham dropped the passes. Team got deflated, were forced to throw and ended up getting picked. Rain didn't help. Just too much going against us once Jimmy dropped those passes. Would have been a different game had he caught them.

But he isn't th only one to blame. Bunch of WRs had key drops.

Comment

• Forston's loss hurt worse than I thought. Too many times Tyrod got out of the pocket and Joseph just could make the play on him that Marcus would have made for sure. Our run defense suffered tremendously without him.

Whoever's idea for Jimmy Graham to go out there without gloves needs to be disciplined and scolded severely. After playing football myself, it's near impossible to catch passes bare handed in weather like that. And they should have known better. What a joke that was!

And can't wait til Aldarius gets back, it's hurt us not having him out there. Once we get him and Byrd, our two best receivers on the field at the same time, with Benjamin in the slot, we will be VERY dangerous on offense. Jacory will be tough to stop, even though Pipho will do his best.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information