No announcement yet.

2015 Canes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh awful awful finish. Really bad recruiting cycle as a whole and I'm glad it's over. Some good news, Aubrey Hill named recruiting coordinator. Not a good recruiting year but we did sign a lot of players that I like. I'm gonna have a full write up tomorrow of all the signees (was gonna do it now but it's gonna take longer than I thought) and am gonna post some 2011 stuff and pre-spring football stuff a bit after that.

That is correct comahan
    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
    <3 dg

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
      First off, he was slated to be starter come spring so he was going to finally get his chance to prove that he can play. Second, it was not football related so maybe there is an issue at home. I don't want to speculate. Are you really a Canes fan? You seem awfully happy.
      Haven't heard anything about him being the starter come spring. Word was that Shayon Green was ahead of him before the season and that they were planning on moving McCarthy inside come Spring. I've heard 3rd on depth at best.

Comment

• Sept. 2 FLORIDA A&M
        Sept. 11 at Ohio State
        Sept. 23 at Pittsburgh, ESPN*
        Oct. 2 at Clemson
        Oct. 9 FLORIDA STATE
        Oct. 16 at Duke
        Oct. 23 NORTH CAROLINA
        Oct. 30 at Virginia
        Nov. 6 MARYLAND
        Nov. 13 at Georgia Tech
        Nov. 20 VIRGINIA TECH
        Nov. 27 SOUTH FLORIDA

Cool another gauntlet to start the season. OSU Pitt and Clemson all on the road, then FSU at home.
        "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
          Sept. 2 FLORIDA A&M
          Sept. 11 at Ohio State
          Sept. 23 at Pittsburgh, ESPN*
          Oct. 2 at Clemson
          Oct. 9 FLORIDA STATE
          Oct. 16 at Duke
          Oct. 23 NORTH CAROLINA
          Oct. 30 at Virginia
          Nov. 6 MARYLAND
          Nov. 13 at Georgia Tech
          Nov. 20 VIRGINIA TECH
          Nov. 27 SOUTH FLORIDA

Cool another gauntlet to start the season. OSU Pitt and Clemson all on the road, then FSU at home.
          It's pretty tough throughout as well. With NC in the middle, and those last 3 to close it out. Not gonna be easy this year.

But some great games at home! :)

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostDeini View Post
            Arthur Brown is transfering. Ha !

And you guys swore he was ever going to do anything here.
            He can join his mediocre brother in Tennessee.

To be completely honest, it didn't really bother me at all when I heard this. Colin McCarthy, Sean Spence, Ramon Buchanon are all better and all will be starting for us this season. Then we have Travis Williams, Tyrone Cornelius and Kevin Nelson coming in as depth. I think We'll be just fine.

Comment

• Posted in the recruiting thread, early 2011 stuff I've seen

QB- Teddy Bridgewater, Marquise Williams, Christian Lemay, Kiehl Frazier, Jacoby Brissett, Jerrard Randall
              RB- James Wilder Jr, Daniel Lasco, Herschel Sims
              WR- Andre Davis, Kelvin Benjamin, Quinta Funderburk, Hakeem Flowers, Charles Gaines, Tacoi Sumler, Charone Peake
              TE- Chris Barnett, Nick O’Leary, Austin Seferian-Jenkins
              OL- Brey Cook, Christian Westerman, Cyrus Kouandjio, Bobby Hart, Marcus Jackson
              DE- Anthony Chickillo, Curt Maggitt, Ray Drew, Bryant Debose, John Harris, Deon Lee, Jalen Grimble
              DT- Tim Jernigan
              LB- Denzel Perryman, Arrington Jenkins, Serderius Bryant, Quentin Gause, Anthony Wallace, Curtis Grant, Ken Hankerson
              CB- Clifton Richardson, Nick Waisome, Albert Louis-Jean, Rakeem Cato
              S- Jeremy Cash, Karlos Williams, Jermaine Reve, Wayne Lyons, Jabari Gorman

Jackson is already committed, likely one of the top OL in the state. Good reports early about Marquise Williams, Andre Davis, Kevlin Benjamin, Chickillo, Perryman, Arrington, Bryant and Cash.

That is correct comahan
              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
              <3 dg

Comment

• I REALLY want James Wilder Jr.

Adrian Peterson (OU) part deuce.

Would definitely make up for losing Bryce Brown last year. Wilder>>>>>>>Brown!
                Last edited by thebow305; 02-04-2010, 10:42 PM.

Comment

• After the disaster that was this years recruiting class you still think Shannon can recruit guys like this ? Get real. Our last 4 committs were all 2 star prospects dude.

We got LOOTED for everybody in South FLA.

Comment

• Finally finished the report on the 2010 recruiting class. The grades and stars are my opinion of the players and how we did at each position with the players we got.

QB- C
                    Stephen Morris (solid 3*)- Good tools overall, solid arm, solid athletcism, good throwing motion and good mechanics in general. Average size but big enough, has experience in a pro style offense. Absolutely loves Miami and is going to be one of the hardest working players on the team. Smart kid. Probably going to be a good back up QB, which isn't a bad thing to have.

RB- A
                    Storm Johnson (high 4*)- Big back with very good speed. North/South runner with good explosion up the field. Georgia 4A offensive player of the year, extremely productive senior year. Powerful runner with good balance. Has the ability to get outside. Feature back potential.
                    Eduardo Clements (high 4*)- Scat back type but has good size. Very productive career and had a dominating sophomore season. Great receiver. Elusive runner but runs hard. Great long speed. Has potential at CB. Great complimentary back with tons of versatility.
                    Darion Hall (high 3*)- Another big back with good speed. Extremely explosive back that does a good job putting his foot down and getting upfield. Averaged over 10 yards per carry as junior.
                    Maurice Hagens (solid 3*)- Powerful runner who keeps his pads low. Built like a tank. Very productive runner in high school. Potential big time weapon at full back.

WR- C+
                    Allen Hurns (high 3*)- Possesion type with good size at 6-2, good body control and hands. Does a good job catching the ball away from his body with his hands. Not a lot of high school production and is coming off of an injury but performed really well at camps over the summer. Solid number 2 type.

TE- B
                    Asante Cleveland (high 3*)- All around TE with good size (6-5 230) and athleticism. Great after the catch. Nasty blocker but will have to get into the weight room before he is ready to block in college. Won’t contribute right away good potential to be a starting TE. Has drawn comparisons to Bubba Franks.
                    Chase Ford (solid 3*)- Big, athletic receiving TE. Great hands and does a job locating the ball and using his hands to big body to catch the ball over defenders. Good speed and has the ability to stretch the seam a bit. Physical after the catch and punishes defenders. Doesn’t seem like much of a blocker and needs to get a bit bigger. JUCO transfer that should get immediate PT.
                    Clive Walford (low 3*)-
                    Andrew Tallman (low 3*)- Big athlete with potential to grow into an OT. Used mostly as a blocking TE in high school and excelled at it. Track guy who should develop into a very good blocking TE and red zone threat.

OL- A
                    Brandon Linder (high 4*)- Great size with good athlecism and feet. Great technique and solid strength but more of a finesse blocker. Has experience at center and LT and has a very good shot to start as a freshman. Best player in the class.
                    Malcolm Bunche (solid 4*)- Great size and feet. Went to prep school last year so should have a good shot at competing for early playing time at RT. Has ability to play inside as well. Underrated guy coming out of high school and had a good season at LT in prep school, didn’t allow a sack last season.
                    Shane McDermott (low 4*)- Extremely strong player and was one of the best players in Palm Beach this year. True center prospect who could play immediately if he gaines some weight.
                    Tavadis Glenn (low 4*)- Nasty guy who bleeds orange and green. Very athletic guy who played OT and DT in high school. Has left tackle potential but is also big in the run game. Known for getting kicked out of UF’s FNL camp for throwing up the U last summer. Could end up playing DT in college.
                    Jonathan Felciano (high 3*)- Nasty guy who punishes people in the run game. Solid strength and decent feet. Good guard prospect.
                    Jermaine Barton (low 3*)- Extremely raw player but has tons of potential. Tall with tons of athleticism, former basketball player. Not a guy that will contribute immediately but could develop into a RT down the road.

DE- C
                    David Perry (high 3*)- Big (6-6) and rangy DE. Extremely raw athlete with amazing potential. Quick first step. Won’t contribute soon but has potential to be elite pass rusher.

DT- D+
                    Jeffrey Brown (2*)- Relatively unknown guy from Illinois. Solid athlete who played both ways in high school. Great wrestler who had a 39-1 record as a senior. Project player.
                    Delmar Taylor (2*)- Extremely unknown player who played in only five games in high school. In those 5 games only 5 snaps were on defense. Another project.

OLB- B-
                    Travis Williams (high 3*)- Great athlete who played LB, S and WR in high school. Attacking player who could develop into a strong side backer that covers the TE and blitzes. Needs to add a ton of bulk.
                    Tyrone Cornelius (high 3*)- Athletic and rangy weakside backer. Physical guy who explodes into ball carriers. Needs to add bulk but could play safety.
                    James Gaines (low 3*)- Played basically every position in high school and is a good athlete. Good size with a frame to put on a decent amount of weight. Project player who could develop into a starter.
                    Kelvin Cain (2*)- Played DE in high school and could play their or OLB in college. Tall player with good athleticism. Late add to the class and probably not much more than a depth player and special teamer. Big project.

MLB- B
                    Kevin Nelson (solid 4*)- True MLB prospect with good speed. Very physical player and will be a team leader the minute he steps on campus. Could start as a freshman.

CB- B
                    Jeremy Davis (solid 4*)- Amazing speed, one of (if not the fastest) guys in the state this year. Brother of former Cane Philip Buchanon and is a similar type of player. Played RB as well as CB in high school and is electric with the ball in his hands. Should contribute as a return man right away. Physical in run support and not afraid to throw his body around. Will need to develop at CB.
                    Keion Payne (high 3*)- Solid size at CB with good technique. Lacks great top end speed but is a solid athlete. Fluid guy who breaks well on the ball.
                    Kacy Rodgers (solid 3*)- Very good size at CB and could play safety. Comes from a big time program in Texas. Could contribute right away. Son of Dolphins DL coach.
                    Devont'a Davis (solid 3*)- Good size and athletic. Good ball skills. Played with Kevin Nelson in high school.

Three themes in this class, big, athletic and guys who want to be Canes. Won’t be a lot of guys contributing early but there is a ton of potential in this class. That said, there were a lot of misses in this class and the 2011 class is going to be a big one. The running game in the future should be great with the great OL and RB class that was brought in. Linder and Storm are both special players. LB and DB classes were solid with big time players in Kevin Nelson and Jeremy Davis. Not an amazing class as a whole but a lot of guys who will come in and bust their ass for this team. QB, WR and DL are big areas for next year, luckily early reports look good for those positions in 2011.

That is correct comahan
                    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                    <3 dg

Comment

• Arthur Brown leaving...wow.

Comment

• Originally posted by FloridaFootball View Post
                        Arthur Brown leaving...wow.
                        where to? Has he decided on his next school?

Comment

• He left school for non-football related issues so I don't really think he knows what's going on with football and such yet.

That is correct comahan
                          I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                          <3 dg

Comment

• www.allabouttheu.yuku.com

thank me later....

Comment

• I know it's extremely early in the recruiting process but what are our chances of landing Teddy Bridgewater?

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Jeffery Brown will probably end up playing Centre all white high school wresters turn into Centres

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information