2015 Canes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
    I know it's extremely early in the recruiting process but what are our chances of landing Teddy Bridgewater?
    If I had to guess a school it would be Miami but I don't think he's a lock and don't expect him to announce his commitment for a while. Really excited about this class though.

That is correct comahan
    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
    <3 dg

Comment

• Spring practice started today so figured I'd post some stuff for spring/next season. Gonna post some "Top 5" lists starting today, then maybe some other stuff later if I can think of more stuff to write.

For today, Top 5 Position Battles

1. Middle Linebacker- Darryl Sharpton had a solid season last year at MLB but with him graduating and the transfer of former 5* Arthur Brown, the MLB position is a big uncertainty going forward. Shannon has said he doesn't want to move McCarthy or Spence inside and that Shayon Green will get a chance to start inside this year. Green, a redshirt freshman who missed all of last season with a knee injury, is a big, physical player at 6-2 235. Green's back up is career special teamer Kylan Robinson. Kevin Nelson (who I'm going to post some quotes from later) doesn't come in until spring but he could get a chance to play early next season. Whoever does start at MLB is likely a 2 down player, with McCarthy and Spence being on the field for nickel situations.

2. Offensive Tackle- Both tackles from last season graduate (one being one of the best players on the team, the other being the worst) so both positions are relatively up for grab. Orlando Franklin is the likely starter at LT but the other position is up for grabs. Jermaine Johnson, Malcolm Bunche and Ben Jones all have a shot to start. Johnson will likely get the first shot.

3. Tight End- Another position hit big by graduation, the top 3 tight ends from last year are gone. Richard Gordon is the only player returning with any game experience but hasn't proven much as a receiver. Redshirt freshman Billy Sanders did well on the scout team last year and is a good receiver. Unfortunately those are the only two tight ends on the roster for spring. Chase Ford and Asante Cleveland are two incoming players that could make an impact early.

4. Center- With AJ Trump graduating and no one player with much playing experience at center, this is another position very much up for grabs. Tyler Horn played in mop up duty last year and has the early shot to start but frehsman Shane McDermott is participating in spring practice and will show if he has the ability to play early. A guy to watch out for is incoming freshman Brandon Linder who has experience playing center in high school and has the tools to play early. Linder was recruited as a tackle but the best five will play and if Linder is one of those he'll get a shot at center.

5. Back-up QB- Not a position that stands out but an important one none the less. With Jacory Harris missing spring the quarterbacks participating are AJ Highsmith, Stephen Morris and Spencer Whipple. Highsmith played some last year but Morris has a very good chance to come in and win the back up spot.

That is correct comahan
      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
      <3 dg

Comment

• Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
        Spring practice started today so figured I'd post some stuff for spring/next season. Gonna post some "Top 5" lists starting today, then maybe some other stuff later if I can think of more stuff to write.

For today, Top 5 Position Battles

1. Middle Linebacker- Darryl Sharpton had a solid season last year at MLB but with him graduating and the transfer of former 5* Arthur Brown, the MLB position is a big uncertainty going forward. Shannon has said he doesn't want to move McCarthy or Spence inside and that Shayon Green will get a chance to start inside this year. Green, a redshirt freshman who missed all of last season with a knee injury, is a big, physical player at 6-2 235. Green's back up is career special teamer Kylan Robinson. Kevin Nelson (who I'm going to post some quotes from later) doesn't come in until spring but he could get a chance to play early next season. Whoever does start at MLB is likely a 2 down player, with McCarthy and Spence being on the field for nickel situations.
        I heard the aren't moving McCarthy in the spring, but will possibly when fall practices start. Since Futch and Buchanan are both out this spring, Shannon wanted to keep McCarthy at OLB. Shannon also wants to see if Green can handle it is a Redshirt Freshman.

Personally I rather see McCarthy at MLB, Spence at WLB, and Futch at SLB. Spence played at SLB last year and seemed to regress a bit. I rather see him be able to flow and use his speed since he is so-undersized. Unless he as bulked up?

Any news on the Latwan Anderson rumblings? I keep hearing we don't have room for him, but now I am hearing we do since Arthur transferred. I know hes short, but hes fast and a pretty highly rated prospect from a power in Ohio. Could be a great late addition.

Comment

• I tried to focus more on spring stuff but yea I wouldn't be shocked if McCarthy gets moved inside before the beginning of next season. Spence/McCarthy/Futch(Buchanon) would be ideal for me. I heard Spence gained some weight though, not sure how much.

Anderson coming is likely last I heard, but on a track scholarship for the first semester and then joining the team next spring.

That is correct comahan
          I ******* LOVE YOU DG
          <3 dg

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Big Harv View Post
            Jeffery Brown will probably end up playing Centre all white high school wresters turn into Centres
            0.22 post per day is epic btw.

But Jeffrey Brown is not white. I think he'd make a good C, but we have Shane McDermott for that.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Speaking of Brown, he won the state heavy weight wrestling title in Illinois last week. Interested to see if he can translate those skills to the football field.

That is correct comahan
              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
              <3 dg

Comment

• Hello friends

i will take anyone over Jones, i had rather kayne or leonard start over khalil jones... hey dg, what thoughts do u have on what i just posted about?

Have it good.
                Last edited by jackportd; 02-24-2010, 07:32 AM. Reason: share knowledge

Comment

• Originally posted by jackportd View Post
                  Hello friends

i will take anyone over Jones, i had rather kayne or leonard start over khalil jones... hey dg, what thoughts do u have on what i just posted about?

Have it good.
                  HA. Best first post ever?

Comment

• Originally posted by jackportd View Post
                    Hello friends

Have it good.
                    lol who is this guy?

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by etk View Post
                      lol who is this guy?
                      A guy who is still living in 2008.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• More random Canes stuff yay!

Top 5 Players to Watch.

1. RB Lamar Miller- Let the hype train begin (it began a while ago, but restarting it now). Miller redshirted last year but has all the talent to be an elite RB. With Cooper's health an uncertainty (though it looks like he should play next year) and Javarris James graduating, Damien Berry is the only back with significant carries returning. Storm Johnson and Mike James are both big backs that could get carries next year but neither have the game breaking potential that Miller has.

2. S Ray Ray Armstrong- Former 5* showed some big flashes last year against Oklahoma and UCF but is expected to get a lot more playing time this year. Has the size and athleticism to be an elite safety. Should team up with Telemaque to give the Canes one of the best safety combos in the country.

3. DE Adewale Ojomo- Ojomo was expected to have a break out year last year before breaking his jaw early in summer workouts. Ojomo is back healthy and ready to take that next step. He's up to nearly 260 pounds and looks like a brick house. Was the most natural pass rusher on the team as a redshirt freshman and should lead a much improved pass rush this season.

4. CB Brandon McGee- Another young, talented player that is going to get a big increase in playing time. McGee has the size and athleticism to start next year but needs to be more physical in run support if he wants to get on the field statistically. Should get on the field in nickel situations and could challenge DVD for a starting spot.

5. RB Storm Johnson- This is probably the most talented RB group the Canes have had since Portis/McGahee/Gore were on the team and Johnson is a big reason why. The true freshman is already impressing coaches with his size (6-0, 218 pounds) and speed (timed at 4.38 seconds in the 40 in pre-spring freshman testing) and looks like he could make an impact early. Coach Shannon has been preaching toughness early and the run game next year could bring some toughness to the offense that it was lacking last year.

That is correct comahan
                        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                        <3 dg

Comment

• From a non-hurricane fan can anyone tell me what happened to Arthur Brown? I loved him out of highschool and thought he could be a real player.
                          Whats his deal for transfering and why did he never turn into a player for you guys?

Comment

• His transfer had more to do with being homesick and never really fitting in here, though the complete details of the situation haven't really come on.

As for on the field, he just couldn't figure it out mentally. Could have had something to do with not wanting to be here and stuff, not sure though. Hopefully he can figure it out at K State.

That is correct comahan
                            I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                            <3 dg

Comment

• Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                              His transfer had more to do with being homesick and never really fitting in here, though the complete details of the situation haven't really come on.

As for on the field, he just couldn't figure it out mentally. Could have had something to do with not wanting to be here and stuff, not sure though. Hopefully he can figure it out at K State.
                              His transfer had to do with an off the field incident combined with his poor play
                              "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Wow just read what happened, w t f.

That is correct comahan
                                I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                                <3 dg

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information