No announcement yet.

2015 Canes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Boys, I'm interested in getting more information on Sean Spence. He was balls to the walls in his Freshman season, but I didn't catch many games last year. Word is that his play regressed. What was the deal? At that size he appears to be approaching a tough road to the NFL path, at least at LB. What are your thoughts on him and his future football career?

Also, is anyone as excited for Kevin Nelson as i am? Think he can be a serious player for this squad?

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
    You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

• All the draft rankings I've seen Spence in have been at safety. Kinda like Thomas Davis out of UGA a couple years ago and his career has been pretty decent so far for Carolina.

Bad thing for him though, is that he is most likely stuck at linebacker, right? Unless Shannon wants to bench Telamaque or Armstrong which wouldn't make sense...

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

• So though Seantrel signed he hasn't showed up.. still interested in the U apparently
        Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
        Coples is that dude.
        Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• Nix any idea of Spence at safety, that's just stupid. He is a beast at LB, been playing it his whole life. Yes his play definitely regressed last year as a Sophomore, a combo of playing on the SAM instead of WILL, injuries, and a new defensive coordinator who didn't allow Spence to be as aggressive as he was allowed to be his freshman year.

I expect a bounce back year from him as a Junior, dude is just a football player. Was simply amazing as a true freshman; seemed to make a big play every single game. Let him attack the ball and you will see a different guy out there.

Comment

• Thanks for the reviews guys. I'm really hopeful that Spence can take the next two years and make a push to being an NFL prospect and contributor. The obvious concerns about his size will continue until he reaches 225 or 230. Impossible to say at this time, but i'm hoping he can add that kind of bulk and not lose any of his speed or burst. Any idea if he's put on any weight coming into this season?

You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

• Does anyone have that quote from I think Kevin Nelson claiming that he could power clean earth and a bunch of other crazy stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
                Thanks for the reviews guys. I'm really hopeful that Spence can take the next two years and make a push to being an NFL prospect and contributor. The obvious concerns about his size will continue until he reaches 225 or 230. Impossible to say at this time, but i'm hoping he can add that kind of bulk and not lose any of his speed or burst. Any idea if he's put on any weight coming into this season?
                I don't think he will be much of a prospect. He does not run the 40 all that well and his measurables just aren't going to add up. Hell of a run defender, though. Not so great in coverage. Although he did play hurt last year.
                "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• That is what i figured, but thought i would ask those with more viewing experience of him. Albeit he is still just going into his junoir season and has time to develop. Up hill battle though. Fingers crossed for him.

Comment

• You guys know if Lamar Miller & Storm Johnson will play a good amount behind Berry?
                    Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

Sig by, Hitman D

Comment

• Lamar will get carries but I expect Berry and James to get the workload for the beginning part of the season. If Cooper is healthy Storm will probably redshirt, if he isn't Storm might play but even then it isn't a certainty.

That is correct comahan
                      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                      <3 dg

Comment

• How do you see Shayon Green making out this season? Will he continue to sit behind Robinson (or further depending on how the LB shuffle goes)? What is the outlook for him and Nelson in the next year or two (Nelson redshirting?)?

Appreciate the feedback guys.

Comment

• I doubt Green gets much PT on defense this year. He did pretty poorly in the spring, should just be a special teams guy this year. I'm still hoping McCarthy gets moved inside with Futch and Buchanon being healthy in fall. Nelson could get some PT this year, depends how he does in fall practice. At this point Robinson will be a 2 down backer and start inside but Spence and McCarthy will get the most PT.

That is correct comahan
                          I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                          <3 dg

Comment

• Is Allen Bailey going to move around on the line again this year or is he primarily going to play one position?

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
                              Is Allen Bailey going to move around on the line again this year or is he primarily going to play one position?
                              LDE unless injuries.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Any idea what jersey number Seantrel will get? Oh yeah any news if Jeremy Davis is going to qualify or not?

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                                2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                                2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information