2015 Canes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
    How good was Brandon Harris this year? I see him mocked a lot to the Eagles, but I only caught bits and pieces of the 'Canes this year.
    He had a pretty good year. The bowl game against Notre Dame was probably his worst game of the season (everybody likes to point that out) and he wasn't even that bad.

He is the opposite of Asante Samuel. He doesn't create many turnovers and he doesn't give up big plays.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
      How good was Brandon Harris this year? I see him mocked a lot to the Eagles, but I only caught bits and pieces of the 'Canes this year.
      Brandon is about as solid a CB prospect as there is. Nothing flashy but he's tough, can stick on any wide receiver down the field and will come up and hit you in run support despite his smallish frame. If he could put on five to ten pounds, he could be VERY good. Still not done developing IMO. Got better every year for us. Was sad to see him go.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

• If you want a guy who can lock up opposing #1's all game, he's not your guy. But he can be a solid #2 CB and a really good nickel. He lines up at all the CB position and actually played in the slot quite a bit this year. Physically, he's nothing special. One thing about him is he's a very willing tackler and isn't afraid at all to stick his nose in their. Overall, he's a solid but unspectatular player.

Comment

• How did Aldarius Johnson end up becoming a 5-star player?

He shows no signs of a 5-star recruit.

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
          The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
          Newton
          South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
          Barely literate +5 swagger
          Thief +15 swagger
          Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
          Big, average speed -3 swagger
          Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
          Total Swagger: 62
          ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

Comment

• He was a dominant high school player. He's just been insanely lazy.

That is correct comahan
            I ******* LOVE YOU DG
            <3 dg

Comment

• Originally posted by shylo3716 View Post
              How did Aldarius Johnson end up becoming a 5-star player?

He shows no signs of a 5-star recruit.
              He was a 4-star, and the knock on him was his speed. He's one of the slowest WR's I've ever seen, and the fact that his work ethic hasn't been where it needs to be (according to reports, at least), he's just not good.
              "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                He was a dominant high school player. He's just been insanely lazy.
                This... :(

Comment

• How about some final predictions for NSD: (Guys we are still going after)

WR Patrick Onwuasor - Miami
                  WR Devin Lucien - UCLA
                  ATH Marqise Lee - USC
                  OL Kaleb Johnson - Miami
                  DE Jalen Grimble - Miami
                  DT Lonnie Gosha - Miami
                  ATH Dominique Terrell - Virginia
                  DT Elkino Watson - Florida

After signing day I think we also get WR Duron Carter and QB Jacoby Brissett.

So to sum things up, I think we finish out the class with commitments from WR's Patrick Onwuasor and Duron Carter, OL Kaleb Johnson, QB Jacoby Brissett, DT Lonnie Gosha and DE Jalen Grimble. Not bad for AG's first year at the helm. Next year we should kill it! :)

Comment

• This doesn't really deal with 2011 but what's general opinion on Tom Savage? I just saw that Rutgers is going to let him transfer to UF or Miami if he wants to. If Miami gets him how big would that be? Could he potentially start in 2012 over Morris?

Comment

• He would definitely get a chance to fight for the job. I was really impressed with him his freshman year, really impressive tools.

That is correct comahan
                      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                      <3 dg

Comment

• As a fan of Rutgers, I would be very excited if he decides to go to Miami. He has an NFL arm and if you saw him during his freshman year as DG pointed out, he was very good. He has loads of potential and I think he would win the job over Morris if that's what it comes down to.
                        Last edited by Hurricanes25; 02-01-2011, 08:45 PM.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Getting Savage would be nice. Getting Brissett would be awesome.

Comment

• I hope you guys get Grimble and Marqise Lee. Anything to stick it to old Kiffy.
                            Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                            RIP themaninblack

Comment

• I'd put Grimble as 95% UM 5% UCLA and Lee 75% USC 25% UM.

That is correct comahan
                              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                              <3 dg

Comment

• Savage was an NC State target for a while before he went to Rutgers. IIRC he was scared away from here because of Glennon (LOL). But he was a top target for TOB/Dana Bible who typically do a good job when it comes to quarterback recruiting (at least they did at BC). I'd be concerned if he ended up at Miami, who has had pretty crappy QBing since arriving in the ACC

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information