2015 Canes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
    2 of those picks were entirely Travis Benjamin's fault, offense should hopefully be run heavy with Miller & James but just like any other team we will need good QB play to win games
    And a 3rd was partially his fault....ugh why'd you have to remind me?

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Kimbo Slice's son

Class of 2014
      Kevin Ferguson 6'1'' 195 RB Booker T. Washington HS - Miami, FL
      Last edited by shylo3716; 07-27-2011, 06:02 PM.

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
      The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
      Newton
      South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
      Barely literate +5 swagger
      Thief +15 swagger
      Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
      Big, average speed -3 swagger
      Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
      Total Swagger: 62
      ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

Comment

• So that kid is around 15 years old? He looks like he's 30. WTF? I'm in my 30's and I can't grow facial hair like that.

Some people are freaks.

Comment

• Originally posted by etk View Post
          Sean Spence looks really bulked up in the ACC media day photos. He'll be the best player on the team for certain.
          What do you think he's weighing in at? 225ish?

How is the QB competition going?

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
          You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

• The movie I'm most excited about from the festival is Drive. It has this slick crime style, similar to a Michael Mann movie, feel going for it and the cast is full of great actors. Overall though, I feel this is one of the weaker Canes in recent memory.

Wait a minute, that's Cannes...

Originally posted by phlysac
            I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
            The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Alex View Post
              The movie I'm most excited about from the festival is Drive. It has this slick crime style, similar to a Michael Mann movie, feel going for it and the cast is full of great actors. Overall though, I feel this is one of the weaker Canes in recent memory.

Wait a minute, that's Cannes...
              lolololololololololololololololololololololol

:/

Comment

• Originally posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
                What do you think he's weighing in at? 225ish?

How is the QB competition going?
                225-230.

Nothing to report on the QBs yet. Fall practice starts Saturday.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• http://http://www.sun-sentinel.com/s...tory?track=rss

Miami has three key position battles to determine

Quarterback, middle linebacker and cornerback are issues Hurricanes must iron out

By Steve Gorten, Sun Sentinel 5:07 p.m. EDT, July 31, 2011

CORAL GABLES—
                  The Miami Hurricanes are quite comfortable with their situation at running back and offensive line.

As new coach Al Golden says, they have what they would want at those positions — the tandem of Lamar Miller and Mike James in the backfield, and a line that's two-deep at every spot. There will be intense competition among the mammoth front for starting jobs, as there was in spring, but other position battles loom larger.

The 'Canes still don't know who their starting quarterback will be — Jacory Harris or Stephen Morris — and there is uncertainty at middle linebacker and in the secondary.

Here's a look at three uncertainties heading into the first practice Saturday:

Text alerts: Get Miami Hurricanes news on your phone

Harris or Morris

We've wondered ever since the Sun Bowl whether Harris or Morris would be Miami's starter for the 2011 season opener. At the end of spring practice, it was too close to tell, Golden said, so he's held off on a decision.

He said last week he plans to name a starter by the team's second scrimmage, which will be between Aug. 19-22.

"If someone jumps to the front before that, we'll name him before that," Golden said. "But I don't want to go much farther than that because I want to have some time to make sure the offense is geared to things they do best."

The senior Harris is the ACC's most experienced quarterback. He has played in 36 games and started 24. The sophomore Morris started four games last season (2-2) after Harris suffered a concussion and played well. Both have made poor decisions at times and must improve reading coverages.

The duo combined to throw 24 interceptions in 2010.

While Golden isn't a fan of playing two quarterbacks, he said he wouldn't rule it out and wouldn't hesitate to yank either quarterback if he wasn't playing well.

Who's in the middle?

The Hurricanes went into fall camp last year not sure who'd be their middle linebacker. They wound up moving Colin McCarthy inside. It worked out, as McCarthy finished as the team's leading tackler.

The option to move Sean Spence inside this season is there, but the 'Canes want to avoid that. Based on spring practice, they won't need to shift Spence. Senior Jordan Futch really emerged, showing the potential that's yet to be fulfilled — he had nine tackles (seven solo) and two sacks in the first scrimmage.

The hard-hitting Futch, who has played on the outside most of his career, finished spring co-No. 1 in the middle with sophomore Jimmy Gaines, who turned in strong performances in the scrimmages.

Gaines was not heavily recruited out of Getzville, N.Y. — his top choices were Buffalo and Akron — but UM's late interest in him now has him fighting for the starting job playing between Spence and Ramon Buchanan.

Sophomore Kelvin Cain also will be a factor, but will start camp behind Futch and Gaines on the depth chart.

Waiting at corner

There was no doubt cornerback was going to be an issue after Miami's top three corners from last season departed for the NFL. One of the moves Golden made was switching redshirt senior JoJo Nicolas from safety to corner, where he has yet to play a down in college.

Nicolas made a surprisingly smooth transition in spring, though, and for now appears to have secured a starting job. It's open competition on the other side.

Junior Brandon McGee has the most experience, but converted running back Lee Chambers beat him out for the top spot on the post-spring depth chart. Freshman Thomas Finnie also figures to compete for a starting job.

Finnie enrolled early in January, and participating in spring practice helped speed along his development. Former running back Eduardo Clements, a sophomore, and incoming freshman Dallas Crawford could ultimately figure in at corner, but for now Golden will use them at safety because of the need for depth behind starters Ray Ray Armstrong and Vaughn Telemaque.

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
                  The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
                  Newton
                  South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
                  Barely literate +5 swagger
                  Thief +15 swagger
                  Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
                  Big, average speed -3 swagger
                  Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
                  Total Swagger: 62
                  ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

Comment

• I'm not a Miami fan (in fact they are probably my least favorite team) but I thought I would let you know that Seantrel Henderson might be out for the entire season due to a back surgery.

http://www.seventhfloorblog.com/2011...lf-to-sleep-at

Originally posted by SolidGold
                    Bortlezzzzzzz
                    Originally posted by Monomach
                    Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

Comment

• Originally posted by jrdrylie View Post
                      I'm not a Miami fan (in fact they are probably my least favorite team) but I thought I would let you know that Seantrel Henderson might be out for the entire season due to a back surgery.

http://www.seventhfloorblog.com/2011...lf-to-sleep-at
                      Kid seriously needs to lose some weight.

Comment

• Originally posted by MassNole View Post
                        Kid seriously needs to lose some weight.
                        He had lost 35 pounds before he hurt his back
                        "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• And he is expected back towards the beginning of the season.

That is correct comahan
                          I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                          <3 dg

Comment

• Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                            And he is expected back towards the beginning of the season.
                            Honest question, why not RS him and allow him to fully recover and get into proper shape?

Comment

• I'm wondering if Seantrel's dad is writing a rap song about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by MassNole View Post
                                Honest question, why not RS him and allow him to fully recover and get into proper shape?
                                Because he'll just leave for the 2013 draft anyway, so we might as well get as much play out of him as possible.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information