2015 Canes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jbeans187 View Post
    Its the cover story on Miami's rival page. Ryan Hill to DB and Luqman Abdallah to OL
    Oh sorry I haven't checked yet tonight. Hill to DB sounds sweet cause he can't catch a cold.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by etk View Post
      Oh sorry I haven't checked yet tonight. Hill to DB sounds sweet cause he can't catch a cold.
      Hill to CB is no shocker. He's likely just a KR anyways. Abdullah is meh. Who cares? Wasted scholly.

Damien Berry to RB leaves me scratching my head. He looked real good at SS last season and I know he wasn't as shape this spring but I figured that was because he got shifted around at CB when guys where out.

I have no idea where he's gonna fit into the RB picture. Could they possibly move Chambers to CB now as was rumored over summer? That would make a little more sense as I love the idea of Chambers playing CB. His speed there is just so exticing.

Comment

• I like Chambers' speed at RB....especially in a 3/4 wide set. Speed does not make a good corner, especially not when you have very little experience.

I thought Berry could kick it with the incoming freshmen and even challenge for PT this year. Very confusing.

Hill probably won't see much time at CB...but we're definitely making progress by removing him from the WR rotation. He can't get any worse switching positions.

Abdallah...meh. Exactly.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I like Chambers' speed at RB....especially in a 3/4 wide set. Speed does not make a good corner, especially not when you have very little experience.
          Agreed but the 1st thing I look at with my CB is speed. Especially with as much man as Miami plays. 1st and foremost you got to be able to run with the guy, the rest can be worked around. Randy Phillips being a perfect example. Chambers just really really intrigues me in that area. The rest we can work out.

He's got some time to learn the position as we likely will not need him until Bruce Johnson and Chavez Grant are gone in the next couple years. I'm not sure he will be the type of player at CB that he can be at RB but he's definately got the ability to be a very good cover man and will get on the field alot faster for us at CB and likely be more helpful in that area as he's got an uphill battle for PT at RB.

Could definately see DVD (JR), Brandon Harris (SO), Bruce Johnson (JR) and Chambers (RS SO) as our 4 man CB team next season with Chambers obviously bumping up to a nickel role the by his RS JR season.

He could definately be a real asset for us there. The issue is if we feel the drop off from him moving to CB from RB is significant enough to risk the move. If it is, keep him at RB and we basically will have just wasted a scholly on Berry because he will be a Kylan Robinson at RB. Just ain't gonna happen for him. He'd be behind JJ, Coop, McNeal, Chambers, Bryce Brown, and The Truth next season.

Comment

• I have little doubt Berry would/will transfer if he's stuck at RB.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I have little doubt Berry would/will transfer if he's stuck at RB.
              Not sure about that. He's got alot of friends at Miami and there's still plenty of time for him to work into a role. He's still got 4 years of eligibility remaining.

He played RB in HS and switched to S at Miami so supposedly he's ok with the move back.

Let's not jump the gun here and start transfer talk, all he did was switch positions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
                Not sure about that. He's got alot of friends at Miami and there's still plenty of time for him to work into a role. He's still got 4 years of eligibility remaining.

He played RB in HS and switched to S at Miami so supposedly he's ok with the move back.

Let's not jump the gun here and start transfer talk, all he did was switch positions.
                You say that but Berry is a good defensive back and he doesn't deserve to ride the pine here behind likely 5 better backs. Sometimes you just have to think selfish.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

You say that but Berry is a good defensive back and he doesn't deserve to ride the pine here behind likely 5 better backs. Sometimes you just have to think selfish.
                  If coaches felt he wasn't gonna see the field at Safety with the million recruits we brought in then why blame them for pushing him to another spot where maybe he can have more success?

Thinking of transferring is not the right mindset to have anyways. When was the last time a guy that left Miami succeeded? Transfers always tank. From what I've seen Berry is a fighter and contrary to your beliefs, some kids take prime in playing for Miami and would rather work their ass off to better themselves and try to succeed here, then to go somewhere else and take the easy road.

Comment

• Tell me about Allen Bailey. I see you guys talking about him all the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigJohn98 View Post
                      Tell me about Allen Bailey. I see you guys talking about him all the time.
                      You'll get to know him real well over the next 4 years. Don't worry. He's make make EJ Manuel wish hed have chosen an SEC school.

Comment

If coaches felt he wasn't gonna see the field at Safety with the million recruits we brought in then why blame them for pushing him to another spot where maybe he can have more success?

Thinking of transferring is not the right mindset to have anyways. When was the last time a guy that left Miami succeeded? Transfers always tank. From what I've seen Berry is a fighter and contrary to your beliefs, some kids take prime in playing for Miami and would rather work their ass off to better themselves and try to succeed here, then to go somewhere else and take the easy road.
                        Personally I think there's no way Doug Wiggins won't have success at Western Michigan...it's Western Michigan.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Personally I think there's no way Doug Wiggins won't have success at Western Michigan...it's Western Michigan.
                          Doug Wiggins couldn't crack even a mintue of playing time on defense or special teams for us last season and we were hurting for CBs.

Besides we've had alot better kids transfer to worse programs and still fail. Just the way it works.

I know he didn't play for Miami but a close example to Wiggins situation is Fred Rouse. Only Rouse was alot better and still hasn't done a damn thing.

Comment

Doug Wiggins couldn't crack even a mintue of playing time on defense or special teams for us last season and we were hurting for CBs.

Besides we've had alot better kids transfer to worse programs and still fail. Just the way it works.

I know he didn't play for Miami but a close example to Wiggins situation is Fred Rouse. Only Rouse was alot better and still hasn't done a damn thing.
                            Rouse is gonna be a Junior I think at UTEP...I'm sure he'll do fine.

Wiggins is apparently the best athlete they've ever had at WMU and they wanna use him like Michigan used Charles Woodson. With 3 years of eligibility I think he will be their impact player for a while.

There's always the Willie Williams type that just can't get it together, but then there's always a Nate Harris that goes to a new team and dominates. There was also that big CB whose name is slipping my mind...you can't say all our transfers have struggled.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Rouse is gonna be a Junior I think at UTEP...I'm sure he'll do fine.

Wiggins is apparently the best athlete they've ever had at WMU and they wanna use him like Michigan used Charles Woodson. With 3 years of eligibility I think he will be their impact player for a while.

There's always the Willie Williams type that just can't get it together, but then there's always a Nate Harris that goes to a new team and dominates. There was also that big CB whose name is slipping my mind...you can't say all our transfers have struggled.
                              Travarous Bain was the other CB your thinking of. But Nate Harris and Travarous Bain are the except. There's a million other transfers that you never here about after they leave. Not all transfers fail, if they did there would be no point to transfer. But I stand by my statement. The amount of kids that transfer from Miami and fail at their next school is much much higher then the 1 or 2 kids that can be considered successful after the transfer.

If Doug Wiggins can do it then more power to him, still I have doubts about any transfers that leave Miami and especially ones that leave with such bad character and ugly breakups.

BTW...Fred Rouse isn't playing for the UTEP football team anymore for undisclosed reasons. He's thinking of entering the supplemental draft or transferring a 2nd time. Florida A&M are said to be the frontrunners. They are a 1AA program.

Comment

• LOL....Rouse has serious personal problems he needs to sort out...sounds just like Williams.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information