Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/c...,0,53286.story

Comment

• This is old news for most informed Canes fans.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

• Way old news. Holton has been praticing all week. Hardin will be at practice tomorrow and the others are just paperwork issues. Not a big deal at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
          I'm love to see Tebow spend most of the game in a Moncur/Bailey sandwich.

However, the key to the game will be DVD getting physical and throwing Harvin all over the field, leaving Tebow's running as the bulk of the offense. Tought assignment for DVD.
          You can't assign one person to stop Harvin. He will be all over the field at many different positions doing many different things. The most influential player in stopping him will be Randy Phillips, seeing as he's an athletic safety that is assuming a leadership role, so I'd expect Phillips to be calling out adjustments for Harvin and keying him in deep zone, outside run, or bubble screens. Physical corners would be nice to force and contain against Harvin and Rainey....can't dispute that.

I think our defense will be fine...and I'm not the optimistic type. As long as everyone's healthy, we will have lots of depth, rotation, size, speed, and toughness. It all starts with our defensive front and that's a plus for us IMO. Everyone on the line sounds much improved already.

What the game will come down is a matchup of mediocre O (us) vs. mediocre D (them), and great O vs great D, plus specials.

Last point.....we definitely have the talent this year to succeed against a weak ACC...what it comes down to is coaching. Do we develop the young guys, and how do we manage the roster with so much depth but few true standouts. I don't want our team to be a mess of substitutions, but I'd like to see most of our players serving different roles that suit their talents.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Jacory Harris has been the best QB so far.
            "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Marve suspended for the opener vs Charleston Southern.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jacory never looks back from this opportunity. I love Marve, and I think he's a straight stud, but Jacory is so damn smart, he can handle it. I know it. I'm worried about his frailness, but I think he'll be OK.

Another rumor going around that Shannon is going to suspend more for academics as well.
              "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Does Miami's depth chart get released today? I need it to know what freshman to have in ncaa

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs

Comment

• Originally posted by djp4516 View Post
                  Marve suspended for the opener vs Charleston Southern.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jacory never looks back from this opportunity. I love Marve, and I think he's a straight stud, but Jacory is so damn smart, he can handle it. I know it. I'm worried about his frailness, but I think he'll be OK.

Another rumor going around that Shannon is going to suspend more for academics as well.
                  Get ready for people to rip us over the suspension list. Leave it to ESPN to make a big deal ab out our coach suspending some guys during a pointless game for skipping classes, and acting stupid. Where is ESPN the rest of the season when every other team in college does the same thing? Getting to be a joke. ESPN annouces when 3rd stringers get suspended and then they say we have 7 guys not make the team when it was really only 3. The hate for us is huge. The only thing news worthy has been the Marve suspension.

BTW...2 deep looks pretty good. Here it is:

QB-
                  Robert Marve
                  Jacory Harris

RB-
                  Javarris James
                  Craig Cooper

FB-
                  Patrick Hill
                  John Calhoun

WR1-
                  Leonard Hankerson
                  Aldarius Johnson

WR2-
                  Khalil Jones
                  Travis Benjamin/Sam Shields

TE-Dedrick Epps
                  Chris Zellner

LT-
                  Jason Fox
                  Tyrone Bryd

LG-
                  Orlando Franklin
                  Matt Pipho

C-Xavier Shannon
                  Tyler Horn

RG-
                  Joel Figueroa
                  Harland Gunn

RT-
                  Reggie Youngblood
                  Chris Rutledge

DE1-
                  Eric Moncur
                  Steve Wesley

DE2-
                  Allen Bailey
                  Marcus Robinson

DT1-
                  Antonio Dixon
                  Marcus Forston

DT2-
                  Joe Joseph
                  Dwayne Hendricks

SLB-
                  Daryll Sharpton
                  Jordan Futch

MLB-
                  Glenn Cook
                  Romeo Davis

WLB-
                  Colin McCarthy
                  Sean Spence

CB1-
                  Chavez Grant
                  Brandon Harris

CB2-
                  Bruce Johnson
                  DeMarcus Van Dyke

S1-
                  Anthony Reddick
                  Vaughn Telemaque

S2-
                  JoJo Nicholas
                  Ryan Hill

Main returners in order: Cooper, McNeal, Hill, Benjamin, Collier

My thoughts on the depth chart:

-No Arthur Brown? They must be wanting to redshirt him.
                  -Love Lovon Ponder being out of the rotation in favor of Reddick, Telemaque and Nicholas.
                  -Khalil Jones for now but come midseason, your starting WRs will be Hankerson and Aldarius with Benjamin and Shields being next in line.
                  -Hate Joe Joseph, we should see Dix and Forston side by side come midseason.
                  -DVD is the 4th CB? Something must be up. He's our best young cover guy after Bruce Johnson. I get the feeling Chavez Grant isn't gonna cut it outside and you'll see Bruce Johnson/Brandon Harris starting with Grant as a nickel and DVD as a dime guy come midseason. DVD and Harris will be your guys next year.

Overall, it's about what I thought it would be. Lots of freshman getting pt and most blocked only by below average vets until they are ready to take over. Come midseason your gonna see guys like Khalil Jones, Steve Wesley, Joe Joseph, Dwayne Hendricks, Romeo Davis and Ryan Hill replaced by our young guys like Laron Bryd, Gavin Hardin, Micanor Regis, and Ramon Buchanan.

It's gonna be a tough year but our future looks bright. Love throwing the freshies in the fire and seeing what they are made of.

Comment

• Isn't Harris mainly working at NB? I'd be shocked to see him in a bigger role than that this year.

That is correct comahan
                    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                    <3 dg

Comment

• NC this year??? I think so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Draft King View Post
                        NC this year??? I think so.
                        we would basically have to go undefeated for that to happen, with the way things are set up now

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                          we would basically have to go undefeated for that to happen, with the way things are set up now
                          I was pretty much joking, I would be satisfied with an above .500 record with the way we are rebuilding this program. Our team in two years looks stacked.

Comment

• Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                            Isn't Harris mainly working at NB? I'd be shocked to see him in a bigger role than that this year.
                            He's a true freshman working as our starting NB for the 1st game. I don't see how anyone would be surprised if he grew enough during the year to take the starting job from Chavez Grant. Grant has always sucked outside, he's too slow. He was tailor made to be a NB.

Comment

• Who is going to be the starting QB? and how is Arthur Brown looking?
                              Originally posted by 49erNation85
                              I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

• For my NCAA dynasty I got Aldarius Johnson, Byrd, and Benjamin. I know Streeter is redshirting. Who will play the most/have the biggest impact between Collier, Davon Johnson, and Thompkins? Also what about Mckenzie?
                                Thanks guys

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information