Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2015 Canes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
    Don't get your hopes up. He's likely going to LSU. I'm thinking Debose is our only WR this year.
    Yeah, I know, but still. I'm not wanting him because I think he's coming, I just think he's the best player in the nation. The dude is an absolute hoss.

    Not that Debose is Plan B or anything, I think he's the 2nd best WR in the nation behind Randle.
    "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

    Comment


    • 26-3. We lost.

      I can live with it tho. Despite the score, our defense was lights out.

      9-3 until the end of the 3rd and then they got another score off the biggest BS call I've ever seen in my life and a meaningless score once the game was out of reach and Florida was trying to run up the score. Can't be mad with the defense.

      However, I've long been in the give Patrick Nix a chance camp. But if he doesn't start doing more then runs up the gut when they opponent stacks in the box, along with a handful of passes in the flats and a 5 yard come back or two, then I will quickly change my possision to the Fire Patrick Nix ASAP camp. He needs to get more creative. Our offense doesn't have the experience or playmakers (yet) to run that vanilla offense and get away with it. Nix needs to put together better game plans and mix it up more. We need more crossing routes in the middle of the field, more deep fades to WRs, and more passes to the TEs. I thought all this was dead obvious before the game even started and I figured once JJ went down with an injury that it would become the main game plan to throw more in order to open up the running game.

      BTW....what a crock that play the refs overturned on the sideline by Carl Moore. If your checking to make sure that they WR got his elbow in bounds, shouldn't you check to see that he still has the ball? The whole reason Moore was able to get his elbow down was because he had lost control and the ball was on the way out of his hands. I couldn't believe there was even a debate about that. There was nothing 100% conclusive about that reply that shows the the guy had control of the ball and hit in bounds. In fact, looking closely, you can see he bobbles, re adjusts, and then starts to lose the ball just as he's hitting in bounds. There was nothing on that reply to justify overturning such a big call. Maybe we should blame Paul Dee for allowing the Gators to use SEC refs instead of ACC refs like the rest of college football. Away teams always use their refs.

      Comment


      • Pretty much my thoughts Joey...

        Bill Young called an ABSOLUTELY amazing game. and I thought that outside of a few missed tackles, our D played lights out. There is just only so long you can go without giving up a few big plays.

        That call was horrendous. I don't care that I'm a Miami fan. That wasn't a catch, and I'll bet my life that if the refs review that again, they tell everyone that it was a blown call.

        SEC refs, what can you say.

        But, Nix really blew it. He called ONE good play, the 1st down on the 2 slant.

        This team can win the ACC if they come out with the same defensive tenacity every game. Randy Shannon is really turning this thing around, and tonight only confirmed that for me.
        "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

        Comment


        • Yea, basically covered it all, Marve is infinitely better than Freeman and better than majority of Wright's games already and Nix needs to realize that. I don't get the point of spreading the field if you're not going to take advantage of the space, I don't remember seeing one crossing pattern all day (or seeing Sam Shields for that matter). WRs need to hold onto the ball. I don't like how much we rotated the OL, I like keeping guys fresh but having a cohesive group is more important. Loved defense besides the few mistakes, great job against Tebow, but the offense has a bit to go. Definitely look like ACC contenders right now though which is more than I expected going into tonight.

          That is correct comahan
          I ******* LOVE YOU DG
          <3 dg

          Comment


          • This team will be a dynasty is less than 4 years.

            Comment


            • A couple things I noticed.

              - Sean Spence looked great out there in his first meaningful game. I don't know why but everytime I look at him I see an Ernie Sims clone. Nice sack on Tebow and he completely leveled James.

              - Robert Marve looks alot better with his feet than I expected, once he works on making all of his reads he'll be a player for sure. Very nice arm strength.

              - Bruce Johnson (I think that's who it was, # 22) was burnt twice by Louis Murphy, both times not even looking back at the ball. It was pretty pathetic.

              - Aldarius Johnson had one nice grab, other than that you didn't see much of him.

              - Leonard Hankerson had one great catch over the middle, but way too many drops. He really needs to improve on his consistency as he was actually getting open.

              - Where is Arthur Brown??? Did he Redshirt or what??

              Comment


              • Sorry for the double post but it's worth mentioning that Matt Bosher is a god. He chucked James onto the ground twice with relative ease.

                Comment


                • great game by the defense, and admirable job by Marve. Nix needs to stop calling plays like hes scared have more faith in his playmakers. And that overturn might possibly the most obvious blown call ive ever witnessed. I was shocked that they could find anything that could even remotely be considered indisputable evidence. Even people who arent miami fans can see that was a bad call
                  **************************

                  Comment


                  • Miami's defense did wonders tonight, however, their offense was pretty inept at doing anything positive all night. That will improve as the year goes on, it sucks that one of their RB's went out with a serious injury.

                    I wonder what kind of force Miami will pose to the ACC this year. Tonight's game could have been a fluke or the real deal. Who knows.

                    Comment


                    • Is there a reason why Javaris James is getting so few carries? I was expecting him to split time 50-50 with Cooper but it seems that Derron Thomas is seeing more of the ball as well. Is he injured or just out of form?

                      Sig by Eaglez.Fan

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Yatta! View Post
                        Is there a reason why Javaris James is getting so few carries? I was expecting him to split time 50-50 with Cooper but it seems that Derron Thomas is seeing more of the ball as well. Is he injured or just out of form?
                        I think James got beat up early in the game.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by 504 to ATL View Post
                          Tonight's game could have been a fluke or the real deal. Who knows.
                          Miami fans know. We've been saying it for months. We have a chance at 8-9 wins and the ACC title.

                          Can't be a fluke if everyone that follows this team expected this. It's the rest of the nation that is shocked at how well we played, not the Miami fans. Frankly I expected us to play even better then we did.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Draft King View Post
                            A couple things I noticed.

                            - Sean Spence looked great out there in his first meaningful game. I don't know why but everytime I look at him I see an Ernie Sims clone. Nice sack on Tebow and he completely leveled James.

                            - Robert Marve looks alot better with his feet than I expected, once he works on making all of his reads he'll be a player for sure. Very nice arm strength.

                            - Bruce Johnson (I think that's who it was, # 22) was burnt twice by Louis Murphy, both times not even looking back at the ball. It was pretty pathetic.

                            - Aldarius Johnson had one nice grab, other than that you didn't see much of him.

                            - Leonard Hankerson had one great catch over the middle, but way too many drops. He really needs to improve on his consistency as he was actually getting open.

                            - Where is Arthur Brown??? Did he Redshirt or what??
                            Aldarius wasn't even given a chance. He was thrown two twice. Once in double coverage. The Gators knew he was our best WR and they were on him like white on rice all game.

                            Arthur Brown is too raw. Coaches want him to learn better technique before giving him big minutes. He's 3rd string and could be a redshirt candidate. I think he's also dealing with some minor injuries as well. He's not at all the reason we lost.

                            Spence will be better then Ernie Sims. They have all the same qualities but Spence hits much harder.

                            Comment


                            • Canes looked good, and it appears they have finally found a QB, well two QB's really. Marve looks very promising and Harris looks like a potential star also. Still very disappointed in the quality of their RB's though, sure some guys where out but really expected more from them as a group. The offensive line was very good though, sure gave up sacks but overall played well. Kind of disappointed in their WR's but give them time I guess.

                              The defense was great, Cook wow that guy is quite the linebacker. Reminds me a lot of Jon Beason in terms of his athletic ability and size. Sure probably will not be as good but maybe. Bailey looked like a fine DE also and yeah I agree Spence looked great. Not to mention Harris a future star at CB.

                              Very nice to see Reddick show some ability actually, and actually play on the field. He looked ok. And Grant was ok at corner, not great but solid.

                              Very nice to see McCarthy getting back into the action again, he is quite the promising player and yes the Dan Morgan comparisons will come because of his number and skin color. But he is a very good player regardless.


                              Really impressed with them though, wish they did not lose by so much because they played better than that. Still with Marve and Harris at QB they have so much promise. And in the down ACC they should make more noise than most people think.


                              I still say, thank goodness for the departure of Kyle Wright...nice to have a real QB at the U again.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Ozzy View Post
                                Canes looked good, and it appears they have finally found a QB, well two QB's really. Marve looks very promising and Harris looks like a potential star also. Still very disappointed in the quality of their RB's though, sure some guys where out but really expected more from them as a group. The offensive line was very good though, sure gave up sacks but overall played well. Kind of disappointed in their WR's but give them time I guess.

                                The defense was great, Cook wow that guy is quite the linebacker. Reminds me a lot of Jon Beason in terms of his athletic ability and size. Sure probably will not be as good but maybe. Bailey looked like a fine DE also and yeah I agree Spence looked great. Not to mention Harris a future star at CB.

                                Very nice to see Reddick show some ability actually, and actually play on the field. He looked ok. And Grant was ok at corner, not great but solid.

                                Very nice to see McCarthy getting back into the action again, he is quite the promising player and yes the Dan Morgan comparisons will come because of his number and skin color. But he is a very good player regardless.


                                Really impressed with them though, wish they did not lose by so much because they played better than that. Still with Marve and Harris at QB they have so much promise. And in the down ACC they should make more noise than most people think.


                                I still say, thank goodness for the departure of Kyle Wright...nice to have a real QB at the U again.

                                Agree with you on everything except 2 points.

                                1.) Glenn Cook is quite a LB? Similar to Jon Beason? Yoru joking right? Beason was an absolute beast. Cook is a 6th year player who is only playing because he is the oldest member and knows the ins and outs of the playbook and plays with great technique. He has absolutely no athletic ability. None. If he wasn't smart enough to get himself to the right part of the field all the time and mentor our young LBs, he'd easily be benched or even cut from our team. He's basically just out there to be another coach for our young freshmen, but he has ZERO talent to speak of.

                                2.) Your surprised Anthony Reddick showed some ability? Don't follow Miami much do we? He has tons of ability. He was on his way to becoming our next great safety before he got hurt. I'm not in the least bit surprised he has looked so good. He has always had talent and has always been one of our better players. It was just a matter of him getting healthy.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information