No announcement yet.

2015 Canes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good thing I get the ND/MSU and UNC/VT games here and not the Canes.

God damnit.
    "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by djp4516 View Post
      Good thing I get the ND/MSU and UNC/VT games here and not the Canes.

God damnit.
      I'll be at my school's (FIU) big kickoff game at the brand new stadium to watch us get our ass handed to us by USF.

But we are tailgating before the game and you can bet your ass we are hooking a TV up to my truck to watch Miami handle A&M before we head into the stadium.

I think we should win pretty easily. A&M doesn't seem like much a problem. I'll predict something like 28-10 or so.

Comment

• Kyle Field is definitely overrated, but good god, if we have playcalling like we did the last game, I'd be shocked if we scored more than 13 points.

Hopefully it's like 95/5 with Marve over Harris in terms of qb play.

2 QB systems never work. I love Jacory, but Marve is clearly the guy.
        "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Kyle Field is definitely overrated, but good god, if we have playcalling like we did the last game, I'd be shocked if we scored more than 13 points.

Hopefully it's like 95/5 with Marve over Harris in terms of qb play.

2 QB systems never work. I love Jacory, but Marve is clearly the guy.
          I don't think you'll see more of Jacory then the 2 series he had against Florida.

And after all the crap Nix has gotten all week, I expect him to throw alot more. A&M has a really bad defense, Marve has a start under his belt, we have pushed Aldarius, Shields and Benjamin to our top 3 WRs and are said to be going with a smaller rotation this week, JJ is hurt meaning we need to ease some pressure off the RBs. Seems like the writing is on the wall this week for some big plays in the passing game. Just give Marve a chance.

I'm expecting Aldarius to have a handful of catches and breaks some tackles for decent gains and I'm expecting a big play from Benjamin at some point. I think this could be his breakout game.

What has me really giddy tho, is Pimp on return duty. He is so fun to watch when he's dancing around out there and shaking guys.

Comment

• Crack open a beer guys, this is Miami Hurricanes football at its finest.

Robert Marve = truth
            Pimp = truth
            Bill Young = truth

Comment

• DAMN that was a nice win! The U is back baby!!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

• You said that after TAMU last season! I'll wait until we get to the ACC until I get too happy. I love the young talent we have though and Marve is legit. Sharpton and Reddick are dominating on D, we need better play from the DTs and CBs though, everyone else was studly except for a few missed tackles, Jojo needs to pick it up some too. OL looked very good for the most part, play calling was great, got the ball to the playmakers and threw it down field. Would have liked to see McNeal and Chambers more though.

That is correct comahan
                I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                <3 dg

Comment

• Good win for ya'll. But Texas A&M did lose to Arkansas State.
                  Virginia Tech.
                  ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                    Good win for ya'll. But Texas A&M did lose to Arkansas State.
                    No need to troll. Lord knows your program has looked pretty bad so far this year ranging from the loss to ECU (a team that lost to NC State) and the coaching staffs horrible decision to redshirt TT.

Comment

Crack open a beer guys, this is Miami Hurricanes football at its finest.

Robert Marve = truth
                      Pimp = truth
                      Bill Young = truth
                      Pimp looked good and Benjamin made some nice plays. Marve is the man. His knack for picking up even a handful of positive yards even on broken ugly plays is impressive.

Bill Young has some sweet schemes but we are still a little thin at DT and CB like guru stated. We are still another year away guys. once that 2010 class comes in, we will be loaded.

Comment

• interesting stat

Miami's Rushing: 444 Yards, 4.31 YPC, 7 TD
                        Miami's Opponents: 225 Yards, 2.45 YPC, 1 TD

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                          interesting stat

Miami's Rushing: 444 Yards, 4.31 YPC, 7 TD
                          Miami's Opponents: 225 Yards, 2.45 YPC, 1 TD
                          Key to winning starts in the trenches. There's the stats to back that up. We need to keep it going.

Comment

• this week will be interesting We need to win it build up those ACC wins

Comment

• Who from this last class gets a fair amount of PT, that and makes an impact on the field?

Aside from the DT (Forston), LB (Spence), 2 WR's(Byrd, Johnson), S (Telemaque), CB (Harris).
                              Last edited by 504 to ATL; 09-22-2008, 11:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 504 to ATL View Post
                                Who from this last class gets a fair amount of PT, that and makes an impact on the field?

Aside from the DT (Forston), LB (Spence), 2 WR's(Byrd, Johnson), S (Telemaque), CB (Harris).
                                More like who doesn't.

Your list is lacking alot of people. Here are the rundown on the freshmen.

QB-Jacory Harris has a start and has played in all 3 games. Hasn't turned the ball over at all.

FB- John Calhoun is our backup and has seen some PT as well as being on special teams.

WR- Aldarius Johnson is starting, Travis Benjamin has been playing alot and had a 44 punt return last week. Theron Collier caught a 26 yard TD last week and had a 66 yard TD catch called back for illegal formation. Laron Bryd, Kendall Thompkins and Davon Johnson have all seen the field at times as well.

DE- Marcus Robinson has a start already and he and Andrew Smith have been in the DE rotation.

DT- Marcus Forston is basically a starter and Micanor Regis is basically our top backup at DT. Jeremy Lewis has seen some garbage time.

LB- Spence has arguably been the best freshman in the nation. Jordan Futch has seen some garbage time, however, he and Arthur Brown are pretty steady on special teams.

CB- Brandon Harris has worked his way into the starting lineup permanently and is likely our best CB on the team.

S- Vaughn Telemaque might be our best Special teams player this season and Ramon Buchanan has seen time there as well.

We really only have a handful of redshirt candidates:

CJ Holton, Brandon Marti, Tommy Streeter, Jake Wieclaw, Joe Wylie, Gavin Hardin, Taylor Cook and Cannon Smith are really our only redshirt guys. Thats only 9 guys out of a class of 33 that we signed so you can get a feel for just how many freshman we have been playing.

When we say we are young, we really mean we are young. Our freshman are the ones that are basically getting all the PT at the important positions (WR, CB, DT, QB, and add Spence in there)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information