Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thebow305 View Post
    We looked so AWESOME today...

Very ugly win and one of the most boring, lifeless displays I have ever witnessed.
    awesome on d.

Horrible on O.

Anyone that thinks Nix is going to be around next season is kidding themselves. The Boosters are going to make sure that guy is canned.

At the end of the day, it is still gonna come down to recruiting. Did anyone see the list of freshman that played today? It was outrageous.

-We used 5 DTs. 2 of them FR.
    -We used 5 DEs today. 3 of them FR, 1 SO
    -We used 5 LBs today. 2 of them FR. (Another FR out with injury)
    -We used 4 CBs. 1 of them FR. 1 of them SO.
    -We used 4 safeties. 1 FR. 1 SO. (Another FR out with injury)
    -We used 4 WRs. All 4 were FR. And Davon Johnson would have been the 5th.
    -We used 3 RBs. 1 was a FR. 1 was a SO.
    -We used 2 QBs. Both FR.

The only area that wasn't dominated by freshman and sophmores today was the OL and they are probably the worst part of our team.

Seriously, a good 70 percent of the roster we threw out there today was FR and SO. These are guys that are growing, learning and providing depth for good programs. But for us they are forced into action because they are our best players. That is how bad our SRs and JRs are. The only damn upperclassmen that we have that are worth a damn are shelved with injuries (Cracker, Moncur and Phillips)

We all know NIX has to go but outside of that, it's just a matter of sitting and watching Randy pull monster recruiting class after monster recruiting class until we have so much talent we can't help but beat up on people.

BTW...How awesome was Brandon Harris today? Loved seeing him bounce back after the terrible game against FSU.

Allen Bailey is really starting to come around, it showed in the stat sheet today. I can't wait to see him hit his stride and get a rhythm going.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
      awesome on d.

Horrible on O.

Anyone that thinks Nix is going to be around next season is kidding themselves. The Boosters are going to make sure that guy is canned.

At the end of the day, it is still gonna come down to recruiting. Did anyone see the list of freshman that played today? It was outrageous.

-We used 5 DTs. 2 of them FR.
      -We used 5 DEs today. 3 of them FR, 1 SO
      -We used 5 LBs today. 2 of them FR. (Another FR out with injury)
      -We used 4 CBs. 1 of them FR. 1 of them SO.
      -We used 4 safeties. 1 FR. 1 SO. (Another FR out with injury)
      -We used 4 WRs. All 4 were FR. And Davon Johnson would have been the 5th.
      -We used 3 RBs. 1 was a FR. 1 was a SO.
      -We used 2 QBs. Both FR.

The only area that wasn't dominated by freshman and sophmores today was the OL and they are probably the worst part of our team.

Seriously, a good 70 percent of the roster we threw out there today was FR and SO. These are guys that are growing, learning and providing depth for good programs. But for us they are forced into action because they are our best players. That is how bad our SRs and JRs are. The only damn upperclassmen that we have that are worth a damn are shelved with injuries (Cracker, Moncur and Phillips)

We all know NIX has to go but outside of that, it's just a matter of sitting and watching Randy pull monster recruiting class after monster recruiting class until we have so much talent we can't help but beat up on people.

BTW...How awesome was Brandon Harris today? Loved seeing him bounce back after the terrible game against FSU.

Allen Bailey is really starting to come around, it showed in the stat sheet today. I can't wait to see him hit his stride and get a rhythm going.

Allen Bailey and Brandon Harris are studs and future first round picks IMO.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

• Nix will get canned 100%....I'm starting to think maybe it will happen before the season's over too. Let's not forget that not only is his playcalling horrible, but our offense is loaded with young talent that's not developing up to par. He's a perfect scapegoat and deservedly so.

I mean just take a look at any media site that covers Miami football.....every single one of them has an article or comment on Nix's questionable playcalling, with some sites being more blunt than others. That's the kind of chain reaction that will be difficult to stop.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by etk View Post
          Nix will get canned 100%....I'm starting to think maybe it will happen before the season's over too. Let's not forget that not only is his playcalling horrible, but our offense is loaded with young talent that's not developing up to par. He's a perfect scapegoat and deservedly so.

I mean just take a look at any media site that covers Miami football.....every single one of them has an article or comment on Nix's questionable playcalling, with some sites being more blunt than others. That's the kind of chain reaction that will be difficult to stop.
          It's not just his playcalling thats the problem either.

He doesn't put players in roles that will allow them to excell. I saw Collier lined up outside too often last game. Collier is strictly a slot guy. I see way too many short passes to Laron Bryd. That's not Bryd's game. Send him downfield and have him jump over guys, let the smaller faster guys get the short passes and try to break tackles in small spaces.

Epps is a load to bring down but all the passes go to him on the sidelines where they can just give him a little shove out of bounds. Takes away from his ability to break tackles which is a strength for him.

And don't even get me started on the OL blocking assignments. As proven by some big stretches we've had against TAM and UNC, our OL can do a good job when the scheme is right. But Nix's plays just do not allow them to suceed. Our OL is not a great pulling OL, so WR screens and Qb draws won't work. But more often then not we do a good job just lining up and road grading holes in the middle for our RBs, yet we never see any of that.

Everything about Nix goes against what we are good at as a team and against what our players need to develope.

Comment

• I just read that Colin McCarthy and Eric Moncur will only be eligible for medial redshirts if Miami plays in the ACC title game and a bowl game. Otherwise they will have played in more than 30% of the team's total games.

Comment

• BTW, Bruce Johnson continues to be an embarrassment, just like the rest of our secondary. I can't wait til these guys are gone. I have a lot of respect for Mr. Wright, but it's absolutely repulsive that he has Bruce Johnson #4 in his CB rankings right now. It's become obvious to be that he's not watching the same Bruce Johnson, and there must be another one on our team. That's my only explanation.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

• Originally posted by thebow305 View Post
                BTW, Bruce Johnson continues to be an embarrassment, just like the rest of our secondary. I can't wait til these guys are gone. I have a lot of respect for Mr. Wright, but it's absolutely repulsive that he has Bruce Johnson #4 in his CB rankings right now. It's become obvious to be that he's not watching the same Bruce Johnson, and there must be another one on our team. That's my only explanation.
                He got torched in the UNC game but he has been decent in the rest. He's not nearly as bad as Chavez Grant, Carlos Armour or DVD.

Bruce and Brandon Harris are our only 2 decent CBs.

Bruce will probably never be anything special but at least he holds his own on most plays which is alot more then the other guys do. People are constantly running right by Armour and Grant and constantly throwing DVD out of the way. With Bruce they do neither. If he isn't there it's usually a busted coverage and they aren't always his fault (Reddick, Nicolas and Ponder have been atrocious) .

I think he'll be fine at the next level. He isn't a shutdown CB but he gets the job done. You have to realize, he gets ZERO help from the rest of the secondary, it makes him look alot worse then he really is.

Besides, isn't he the team leader in INTs?

Outside of that horrible game against UNC he's been alrite.

He's basically another Marcus Maxey. He'll go in the 5th/6th rounds on the NFL draft.

Comment

• Wrong thread.
                  Virginia Tech.
                  ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

He got torched in the UNC game but he has been decent in the rest. He's not nearly as bad as Chavez Grant, Carlos Armour or DVD.

Bruce and Brandon Harris are our only 2 decent CBs.

Bruce will probably never be anything special but at least he holds his own on most plays which is alot more then the other guys do. People are constantly running right by Armour and Grant and constantly throwing DVD out of the way. With Bruce they do neither. If he isn't there it's usually a busted coverage and they aren't always his fault (Reddick, Nicolas and Ponder have been atrocious) .

I think he'll be fine at the next level. He isn't a shutdown CB but he gets the job done. You have to realize, he gets ZERO help from the rest of the secondary, it makes him look alot worse then he really is.

Besides, isn't he the team leader in INTs?

Outside of that horrible game against UNC he's been alrite.

He's basically another Marcus Maxey. He'll go in the 5th/6th rounds on the NFL draft.
                    Marcus Maxey. That's a name I haven't heard in awhile. I remember how much people were loving his size and speed going into the draft. I guess there's more to football than being tall and fast afterall.

Comment

• I still remember him as "Marvelous"

What's ya name?
                      Marvelous
                      Whatcha do?
                      Hold my nuts
                      How you do it?
                      With two hands and a smile

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                      Originally posted by njx9
                      do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                        Marcus Maxey. That's a name I haven't heard in awhile. I remember how much people were loving his size and speed going into the draft. I guess there's more to football than being tall and fast afterall.
                        Yea he was overrated but FWIW, he did about as much here at Miami as what Bruce Johnson has done. Maxey sucked in the pros but he had a decent niche for us here.

Problem with Bruce Johnson isn't his talent. It's that we are trying to have him be our go to guy at CB and he's better off as a number 2/nickel guy.

Comment

• Jerry. I 've heard many people say Armstrong is 210. But we both have different perspectives on where he would play and I respect that.

Also, DVD has not been so bad. None of the corners have done enough to get seperated from each other.

BTW Anthony Reddick has actually been the only real bright spot in the secondary. IDK what you saw but Reddick has been doing well.

Im hoping that McCarthy and Moncur get redshirts.

Allen Bailey had his breakout game. Even though he has been impressive early in the year in other games.

Graig Cooper makes opposing defenses look silly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geomar View Post
                            Jerry. I 've heard many people say Armstrong is 210. But we both have different perspectives on where he would play and I respect that.

Also, DVD has not been so bad. None of the corners have done enough to get seperated from each other.

BTW Anthony Reddick has actually been the only real bright spot in the secondary. IDK what you saw but Reddick has been doing well.

Im hoping that McCarthy and Moncur get redshirts.

Allen Bailey had his breakout game. Even though he has been impressive early in the year in other games.
                            DVD has been very bad. Dude he is losing PT to Carlos Armour. Your sipping the juice on that one. He has been thrown around by bigger (heck even some smaller ones at Charleston Southern) WRs all year. DVD has been our 4th CB behind Bruce Johnson, Chavez Grant, Brandon Harris all year and these last 2 games he has been losing time to Armour. I don't know what've you been watching but as bad as our CBs have looked, the fact he is the worst out of all of them speaks volumes. When he does hit the field, he has looked pretty bad. He wasn't even close to making a play on what ended up being the game winning TD against UNC. He was toasted. Our DBs are the worst part of our defense and your using the fact that he hasn't separated himself from the others as a reason he isn't so bad? I think he actually got worse from last year (althought I think that's cause he doesn't fit the new system)

Anthony Reddick has been a bright spot? Dude again, I don't know what you've been watching. The only bright spot I've seen has been Brandon Harris. Randy Shannon has been saying all year how we aren't tackling well. Reddick and Sharpton have been the 2 biggest problems in that area. Reddick doesn't tackle anyone. He let Antione Smith run by him to seal the deal for FSU. He has been average at best and there are numerous coverage breakdowns where I see break a step to late and let guys get by him.

You can stop hoping that Cracker and Moncur get shirts. It ain't happening. I've read it, insiders confirmed it and now SuperKevin comes and confirms it. How many people have to tell you before you believe it?

Comment

You can stop hoping that Cracker and Moncur get shirts. It ain't happening. I've read it, insiders confirmed it and now SuperKevin comes and confirms it. How many people have to tell you before you believe it?
                              Thanks for making me feel important :)

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                                Thanks for making me feel important :)
                                No deserve it for that sweet throwback avatar.

Reminds me of my childhood.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information