2015 Canes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by etk View Post
    It's hard to tell a quarterback to take air off the ball. It screws up your timing and rhythm. If he throws it less hard it will slow his release and lead to batted balls. We just need to catch the missiles.
    Or Marve could learn to throw with some touch.. that's what the offseason and your QB coach is for.

You don't see other big-armed QB's use all their arm strength on simple throws.
    "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by djp4516 View Post
      Or Marve could learn to throw with some touch.. that's what the offseason and your QB coach is for.

You don't see other big-armed QB's use all their arm strength on simple throws.
      Unless you go to the Jeff George school of quarterbacking

Comment

• Or Michael Vick.

But Marve does throw with nice touch when he goes deep. He rockets the short ones because they need to get there quickly...our receivers just can't catch (aside from TB).

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Or Michael Vick.

But Marve does throw with nice touch when he goes deep. He rockets the short ones because they need to get there quickly...our receivers just can't catch (aside from TB).
          He does have good touch on his deep ball. He throws a beautiful deep ball.

But to say our WRs can catch isn't entirely fair. He throws way too much heat on the short passes. Adding the problem is that he doesnt hit the WR in the chest on the short ones. He throws them too high. If your gonna throw a short pass that hard it needs to hit the guy in the chest because if a WR is gonna get a hot pass like that, he has to use his body or he will drop it. But you can't throw high heat on a short pass. Not many WRs will come down with it.

Comment

(aside from TB).
            And Aldarius "Glue Hands" "The Truth" Johnson.

Graig Cooper makes opposing defenses look silly.

Comment

• I think you are getting people mixed up.

Aldarius Johnson is "glue hands"

Lamar Miller is "the truth"

Comment

• Originally posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
                I think you are getting people mixed up.

Actually it's Aldarius "Any word describing awesomeness fits here" Johnson.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                Originally posted by njx9
                do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Originally posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
                  I think you are getting people mixed up.

I've always called Aldarius "the truth" and "glue hands".

It's plain and simple. Kid is the truth.

Travis Benjamin is "The Blur from Belle Glade" =)

It's great to see all these young wideouts doing so well.

Graig Cooper makes opposing defenses look silly.

Comment

• WHAT A WIN!!!

That's probably the most excited I've been all year watching Canes football.

As much as I love Marve, Jacory needs to be the starter.

PS: Our Freshman OWN!!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

• J-Rock was phenomenal on the last drive in regulation and in OT. The TD to send it to OT was part luck, part huge ****ing balls on Jacory.
                      "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by djp4516 View Post
                        J-Rock was phenomenal on the last drive in regulation and in OT. The TD to send it to OT was part luck, part huge ****ing balls on Jacory.
                        I dare you to tell LaRon Bryd that it was part luck.

It was a fairly smart move on Jacorys part I thought. Broken play, he had the CB out of position so he threw a jump bll to our 6'4" WR at the very back of the endzone. Worst case, it get batted out of bounds.

We played like crap and still had the talent and heart to pull it out despite 3 turnovers and 13 penalties. Thats a good sign. But we need to play smarter. And Nix needs to go. I again was let down by the positions he put us in. Nice to see Coop and JJ get more work but the middle of the field was completely igored again and there was no intermidiate passing game. It is absoluting killing us because Nix cannot sustain drives.

Comment

• i love it, 4 wins in a row,the swagger is definitely coming back

Comment

• It's hard to sustain drives when you have people jumping offsides every single drive. You can't put anything on the coaches for that, just way too many penalties. Great win, great job by the defense stepping up when it needed to. Jacory made the plays when he needed too, Coop had a great day as did James. Fox' injury looked really bad, that's going to be a huge loss if he messed up his knee. I think Nix has been fine calling plays of late, offense did a great job executing plays but the players just kept shooting themselves in the foot over and over. Hooray for being bowl eligible.

That is correct comahan
                            I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                            <3 dg

Comment

• Players absolutely kept sooting themselves in the foot but in their defense we had Pipho at LT for alot of the 2nd half. That says alot when you are missing Fox, Youngblood and Rutledge for most of the 2nd half.

Still too many missed oppurtunities. Even the idiot commentators noticed it. Nix gets too fancy and doesnt have any meat an potatoes to his offense. We leave oppurtunities on the table every game due to his playcalling. We cant afford that if we want to hang with the elite teams in coming years.

I mean really, when is he gonna quit with the stretch plays and outside runs and pound the middle? He finally did it today and it helped us get the W but he will ignore it next week like he has the middle of the field, the TEs and the intermediate routes like he has all season.

It really does hold us back. I can live with mediocre coaching but nothing drives me up a wall like coaches that drag a team down like Nix has done all year.

Comment

• lets bring in lane kiffen

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information