No announcement yet.

2015 Canes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No word on a replacement but Jimmy Johnson has said Randy told him they are going back to a complete pro-style offense.

Decision should come within the next week or 2.

Also hearing Swasey is going to the NFL with the Bucs with a S&C gig with them.

Rumblings that McGriff and Barrow are gone as well. But that's not confirmed or anything.
    "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• McGriff and Barrow have done well....????

Swasey with the Bucs? What is Gruden thinking? As if we couldn't get any worse after losing to Oakland...

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Whoa, I do not want to lose Barrow. McGriff i'd like to stay with, but wouldn't be heartbroken if he is let go. But losing Barrow? I think that would be a pretty big blow to recruiting...

Comment

• Originally posted by etk View Post
          McGriff and Barrow have done well....????

Swasey with the Bucs? What is Gruden thinking? As if we couldn't get any worse after losing to Oakland...
          McGriff is dog ****. Not one player in the secondary has gotten better since he's been here. I would be in favor of him leaving.

Barrow, I would be upset about losing and that would probably spell the end of the Browns (Arthur & Bryce) in Miami. I don't think that's going to happen.
          "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Yea I wouldn't get/like Barrow leaving at all. I'm all in favor in getting a new DB coach, one that actually taught the DBs what to do when the ball was in the air.

That is correct comahan
            I ******* LOVE YOU DG
            <3 dg

Comment

• Originally posted by etk View Post
              Dude....a Zapdos sig? I don't know the inside joke but that's an epic sig.
              Go look in the RDT.

That is correct comahan
              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
              <3 dg

Comment

• Swasey could very likely be gone to the NFL as well. Would help us to say the least because he's not getting fired. I like Swasey but the results have been medicore at best.

Several insiders including our rivals guy says there is no chance Barrow gets fired.

McGriff is the only other question mark I see at this point but I wouldn't expect it.

Swasey is the only other one I see on the horizon.

BTW...did you see Nix's comments on the firing? No wonder that idiot sucked so much here. He says he wanted to open it up more and do more spread and Randy wanted a 2 back Pro Style system.

If this is the case. Why the **** was he calling a HB dive on 1st down with 2:41 left down by 7. Find it seriously hard to believe Randy told him to call that considering he was walking away from Randy all game.

If he wanted to open up the offense, why not throw some crossing routes and downfield stuff instead of 21309128384093284 bubble screens?

When did Randy start calling the plays for our offense? Nix couldnt even leave with class.

Did Nix even look at our personnel? We could never run the spread. Our WRs were too young in their route running to run a spread. Our OL was too slow to do all the blocking involved in a spread. They were good in-line blockers and we usually got solid yardage up the middle. It was the off tackle and sweeps that never worked because we don't have that type of personnel on offense.

Our personnel was build for Pro Style. Solid In-Line blocking OL. TE in Epps with good hands to move the chains. 2 good backs in JJ and Coop that did a solid job on inside runs this year and both have solid hands as pass catchers out of the backfield. And young WRs that needed a solid run game and good TE to take the pressure off them so they could grow and learn as they played.

Instead Nix wanted to run a spread where our TE was not an option. Our Slug Speed OL was asked to pull and run for screens and our young, raw WRs were asked to win us games against some good DBs.

The spread should have only been used as a occasional change of pace. Not our regular offense.

Even in leaving the guy looks and sounds like a moron.

Comment

• I just found out this news and I am ecstatic. Shows Randy Shannon knows what the F he is doing, is serious about winning championships and will ax anybody who gets in the way. I feel like we just won our 6th (7th) championship. I am pumped.

Now go out and give me a Dirk Koetter, Mike Shula, Chudzinski or just about anyone from the NFL and I'm happy.

Comment

• Remember that checklist I posted earlier today?

It had 3 things:

1.) New OC
                    2.) Recruit our asses off
                    3.) Develope players with better Strength.

Well Randy was doing pretty good with #2 all along and he just dove head 1st into #1 and 3 as soon as the season ended.

He does have his stuff together. It's just an ongoing process. We are going to be much better next year with a new S&C coach and new OC.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
                      Remember that checklist I posted earlier today?

It had 3 things:

1.) New OC
                      2.) Recruit our asses off
                      3.) Develope players with better Strength.

Well Randy was doing pretty good with #2 all along and he just dove head 1st into #1 and 3 as soon as the season ended.

He does have his stuff together. It's just an ongoing process. We are going to be much better next year with a new S&C coach and new OC.

Absolutely concur. I think me and you are both in the same camp that says if you have thee absolute top notch premier athletes and you are giving them cream of the crop strength training with an easy, pro style type offense it is pretty damn difficult for a head coach to screw it up.

I don't want gimmicks, I don't want a coach who outsmarts the other teams...I just want to be more talented, stronger and faster than every other team in the country once again.

Look how fast coaching stars can fade - Just consider what people's opinions were of Eric Mangini and Tony Sporano 18 months ago.

Comment

• Randy Shannon was on 560WQAM this morning.

Wow.

Thats all I have to say. He was basically reading my posts on here to Joe Rose.

High Points of the interview:
                        -He talked about how our RBs and TEs would be better in Pro Style.
                        -He said he has shortlist of people for OC but that he will not contact them until hes done evaluting his staff and then himself. Could be about 2 weeks until we hear anything.
                        -Says he will sit down with Marve next week. Will be clear with him that Jacory did all the right things and will be the starter heading into spring and that Marve will have to compete. He is willing to let Marve walk.
                        -He said that he is looking for go to guys to step up on offense. Named Epps, Bryd, Benjamin and Aldarius specifically on offense but says he will rotate players until a couple guys seperate themseves.
                        -Says he got plenty on new OL coming and said there a good one from broward (Jared Wheeler) that has bought into the program.
                        -Says he will petiton to have Shawnbery get a waiver so he can play rite away at TCU. Said he wanted him to stay but his family situation needed him to go back home.
                        -He is not gonna do anything about USF, UF, LSU, or Tennesse taking to Marve even tho he said it is illegal. Says he doesnt get caught up in that.

Great interview. He just gets it. His head is on straight and he knows what to do and how to do it. Its just a matter of growing the program and going thru with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
                          Randy Shannon was on 560WQAM this morning.

Wow.

Thats all I have to say. He was basically reading my posts on here to Joe Rose.

High Points of the interview:
                          -He talked about how our RBs and TEs would be better in Pro Style.
                          -He said he has shortlist of people for OC but that he will not contact them until hes done evaluting his staff and then himself. Could be about 2 weeks until we hear anything.
                          -Says he will sit down with Marve next week. Will be clear with him that Jacory did all the right things and will be the starter heading into spring and that Marve will have to compete. He is willing to let Marve walk.
                          -He said that he is looking for go to guys to step up on offense. Named Epps, Bryd, Benjamin and Aldarius specifically on offense but says he will rotate players until a couple guys seperate themseves.
                          -Says he got plenty on new OL coming and said there a good one from broward (Jared Wheeler) that has bought into the program.
                          -Says he will petiton to have Shawnbery get a waiver so he can play rite away at TCU. Said he wanted him to stay but his family situation needed him to go back home.
                          -He is not gonna do anything about USF, UF, LSU, or Tennesse taking to Marve even tho he said it is illegal. Says he doesnt get caught up in that.

Great interview. He just gets it. His head is on straight and he knows what to do and how to do it. Its just a matter of growing the program and going thru with it.
                          bruh is there a website where i can hear that AM station online cause i be needing something new to listen to at work?

Comment

• Originally posted by djp4516 View Post
                            McGriff is dog ****. Not one player in the secondary has gotten better since he's been here. I would be in favor of him leaving.

Barrow, I would be upset about losing and that would probably spell the end of the Browns (Arthur & Bryce) in Miami. I don't think that's going to happen.
                            I'm on the players side of things on that matter. Our DBs have no talent and I thought they exceeded expectations this year. I wouldn't be upset if McGriff was fired but I don't think he's done a bad job.

If there's one position that has underachieved more than any other....it's the RBs. Coach Robinson could be replaced.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Just found these old sigs. If any of you Canes fans want to use them, go ahead. They'll need to be resized. It's too bad, I actually had a bunch more. Anyway, if you use one of them, all I ask is rep, not cred. I didn't make them, I just had them made for another site. I only ask the rep for having them made and posting them. If you want to give cred give it to "WB from GLB"

Anyway, here you go.

Last edited by ironman4579; 12-30-2008, 11:14 AM.

Originally posted by Jakey
                              WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

• Well Marve is done, one less thing to worry about I suppose.

That is correct comahan
                                I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                                <3 dg

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information