No announcement yet.

2015 Canes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Jacory era has officially begun. Let's just hope it's closer to the Dorsey era than the Wright era.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
    Originally posted by njx9
    do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• to be honoust i think they'll be kinda awkwardly outclassed by florida state. They are gonna return a whole bunch of players and were kinda good already this season.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
      - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
      - Corner or Wideout in the first
      - No reaching
      - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
        Well Marve is done, one less thing to worry about I suppose.
        I suppose, but I am extremely torn about this one. I am supremely disappointed in what has transpired with Marve from the moment we got him. I had such high hopes for him as the face and future of this team. But the combination of his off-field incidents and Nix's dismantling of his offensive abilities spelled the end to a once promising career for him at Miami. I am behind Jacory 100%, I just hope Shannon knows what he is doing here.

BTW, Joey, that sig needs to be changed ASAP. ;) It's JACORY TIME!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

• Originally posted by wicket View Post
          to be honoust i think they'll be kinda awkwardly outclassed by florida state. They are gonna return a whole bunch of players and were kinda good already this season.
          What the hell are you trying to say? lol
          "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by djp4516 View Post
            What the hell are you trying to say? lol
            the thread opener gave them a good chance against fsu and i disagreed with that (didnt feel like reading the whole thread)

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
            - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
            - Corner or Wideout in the first
            - No reaching
            - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Originally posted by wicket View Post
              the thread opener gave them a good chance against fsu and i disagreed with that (didnt feel like reading the whole thread)
              Do you know when that thread was created?

Anyways, Marve is whining through the media about not being named the permanent starter after the A&M game.

Robert Marve got his release from Miami today.

But it wasn't quite the release the Marve family wanted.

"(Randy Shannon) is preventing Robert from playing for any team in the ACC and also trying to prevent him from playing for any SEC team and any team in Florida, all the teams," said Marve's father, Eugene. "It's vindictive. If he's that worried about the talent of Robert Marve he would have treated him with better respect.

"He's really cutting the young man's opportunities down to nothing."

Marve was reportedly interested in transferring to LSU and Tennessee, but Eugene Marve would not confirm that.

"We're exploring our options," Eugene Marve said.

Marve's decision to leave Miami was not an easy one, Eugene Marve told CaneSport in an exclusive interview.

Eugene Marve says Robert, who was suspended for the Emerald Bowl due to a series of missed classes during the season, asked Shannon for a waiver to transfer because it was clear that Jacory Harris was going to be the starter for next year.

"He never felt Randy Shannon had his back," Eugene Marve said even though Shannon gave Robert 11 starts this season. "That is all the reason (for the transfer). Robert never lost his starting position. But you cannot say one time you ever saw Randy talk to Robert Marve. Ever. He never talked to him once on the sideline. Never praised him once.

"I met with Randy Shannon (in November). At the meeting I asked Randy `Who is your starter?' He said `Robert Marve.' I said `Who is your starter going forward?' He said `Well, Robert is my starter going into the spring.' I said to myself `He kept his starting position through 12 games and can lose his position in the spring and summer? This is unheard of.'"

In fairness to Shannon, he never guaranteed Marve that he was permanently Miami's starter for three or four years. No good coach would do that before anybody has played a single game. Shannon simply stated that Marve was his starter "for the season" and Shannon lived up to that declaration with the exception of the two times Marve was suspended.

Shannon said that Harris would be given a fair opportunity to compete with Marve from the day Harris landed on campus. And both quarterbacks shared time this year.

It is understandable why that scenario might not be very comfortable or palatable for Marve, who started 11 games, or his father, who has the obvious bias of looking out for the interests of his son. But objective observers would note that Marve hardly seized the position with his play on the field and Harris truly does deserve a fair chance to continue competing in the spring and fall.

Eugene Marve says his son was particularly upset after the Texas A&M game, where he threw for 212 yards and played well and hoped to have earned permanent starting status. Eugene Marve said that Patrick Nix wanted to give Robert status as the full-time starter at that point but that he was overruled by Shannon, who was adamant about continuing to develop both quarterbacks.

Now that the results are in, how can you argue with the performances that Harris had in some games, such as road tests at Duke and Virginia?

Eugene Marve added that "(Robert) loved his teammates, stuck his head in there for his team."

Marve finished the year throwing for 1,293 yards on 116 of 213 completions with nine touchdowns and 13 interceptions; Harris hit on 93 of 153 passes for 1,001 yards with 10 touchdowns and only six interceptions.

Now Marve will be throwing passes for a new team in the spring.

"Robert has a fresh start," Eugene Marve said. "We felt that Randy wanted Jacory Harris to start, and Robert was just keeping his seat warm until he got ready to play.

"We didn't come here to transfer. It's terrible."

Yet Robert Marve has done just that, transferring before even finding out if his greatest fears of a Harris starting nod in 2009 would come to fruition.
              Robert and Eugene, you need to do some thinking here. If you didn't break a car mirror, maybe Randy wouldn't have felt the need to play two quarterbacks considering the fact that you were SUSPENDED for TWO different incidents this year.

Not to mention, Jacory outplayed you in nearly every game this season.

I can understand where Marve is coming from, because I think the local media/fanbase gave him a raw deal because he's not from the 305 -- however, whining about not playing is pretty ridiculous considering you started every game you were active for and got the majority of the snaps.

And now he's complaining about not being able to transfer where he wants -- you're god damned right Randy didn't let him go to the ACC or SEC. There is absolutely no reason for Randy to let Marve goes where he wants. It's a common play when a kid transfers. Happens all the time. Not to mention, when you drag your coach's name through the mud, you had to expect this Mr. Marve.

The one quote that really bugs me is the one where he says its unheard of to lose your starting spot after starting 11 games the previous year. Are you kidding me? You think Randy declared Marve the starter for 4 years when he decided Robert was going to be the starter THIS season? ESPECIALLY after Robert threw more INTs than TDs this year? And the backup was BETTER than you? Get the **** outta here Eugene. You're smarter than that. You should know, at Miami of all places, competition breeds success.
              Last edited by djp; 12-30-2008, 02:01 PM.
              "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Every Miami fan here... yes or no. Nothing added.

Do you still believe in Randy Shannon?

My answer : Yes.

Comment

• I believe in Randy Shannon!

Comment

• I 100% believe in Randy Shannon.

Comment

• Yes

**Thanks fenikz for the new Spence sig.**
                      Last edited by TACKLE; 12-30-2008, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• I'm not a Miami fan but I'm 100% backing Randy Shannon. He's making decisions Coker wouldn't have. I think Jacory Harris will end up having a better career than Marve anyway. He's been stacking his team through recruiting and think Miami is ready BUST OUT!

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
                          Every Miami fan here... yes or no. Nothing added.

Do you still believe in Randy Shannon?

My answer : Yes.
                          Yes, but I wish Shannon would let Marve transfer to a ACC team or USF so we can be the ones taking his passes back to the house. What's to be afraid of....some hothead egotistical kid who can't complete a pass to save his life?

I almost **** myself from laughter when I saw that article. Is the head coach supposed to bow down to the starting QB, give him all his respect, kiss him on the sidelines and give him 50+ starts no matter how many games he costs us? If Marve and his dad think that's how college football is, they should take him over to D3 where he can do whatever he wants off the field and on and get the unconditional job. I know for sure that LSU, Tennessee, UF or whoever wouldn't put up with that garbage. I had no idiot Marve was this big of an idiot and I'm glad he's gone. Good riddance.

I can't wait for 3 years of Jacory Harris....no more uneasiness and pointless competitions. Let's go win.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Of course I believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                              I'm not a Miami fan but I'm 100% backing Randy Shannon. He's making decisions Coker wouldn't have. I think Jacory Harris will end up having a better career than Marve anyway. He's been stacking his team through recruiting and think Miami is ready BUST OUT!
                              I totally agree, although I AM a Miami fan. Not only did we have a top class in recruiting before the season, but we have another one shaping up to be just as good this time around. We have the #2 overall prospect in RB Bryce Brown coming to Coral Gables, a 5 Star Juco OT, and possibilities to add 2 more 5 stars this weekend with DT William Campbell and the #1 overall prospect in WR Rueben Randle. Things are looking up for sure, and I'm ecstatic about it. If Marve doesn't want to be a part of that, just because of the hard work and not being automatically handed the job, then good riddins.

Comment

• What JUCO OT? We're not recruiting any JUCOs?

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information