2015 Canes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by etk View Post
    Losing Patrick Johnson hurts no matter what. The guy is just ridiculously athletic and talented.

But our CB situation isn't that bad. As long as Harris and Grant improve a bit, and stay healthy, we'll be fine. I think we're worse off at safety where we have guys who couldn't beat out Anthony Reddick now being forced into duty. A healthy Telemaque/Phillips duo is somewhat intriguing.

I don't think McGee/Reid are ready just yet but I'm excited about both. Just try to avoid nickel situations so DVD can stay on the bench.
    We should try to keep Grant off the field, too.

He's one of the worst run supporting corners I have ever seen in my life. Every big run to the sidelines went directly at #24.
    "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Good point. I had coverage on my mind and I thought he was our best cover corner this year. Run support never crossed my mind.

But every corner on our team not named Armour is one of the worst run supporting corners I've ever seen.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Let me ask you guys a question: on offense who has the most pro potential regardless of what class they are in?

Comment

Good point. I had coverage on my mind and I thought he was our best cover corner this year. Run support never crossed my mind.

But every corner on our team not named Armour is one of the worst run supporting corners I've ever seen.
          Yeah. I love Brandon Harris but he ain't Antoine Winfield out there. DVD regressed exponentially. This is why I think Prince Kent could get a look at corner. Not full time, but some looks.
          "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Good question. Probably Aldarius Johnson or LaRon Byrd. Both have good size and skills at WR. Jason Fox is up there if he has a good Senior year.

For the most part our players are better college players than pro prospects.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
              Yeah. I love Brandon Harris but he ain't Antoine Winfield out there. DVD regressed exponentially. This is why I think Prince Kent could get a look at corner. Not full time, but some looks.
              Don't forget Bruce Johnson who likes to stick his head in but rarely makes contact.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Take this for what it's worth, but probably the best insider from CaneSport e-mailed me and told me Randy likes Major Applewhite a lot but he's not the first choice.. doesn't know who that is, but you'd have to think either Koetter or Chudzinski is it.

Comment

Take this for what it's worth, but probably the best insider from CaneSport e-mailed me and told me Randy likes Major Applewhite a lot but he's not the first choice.. doesn't know who that is, but you'd have to think either Koetter or Chudzinski is it.
                  with Koetter though (i live here in Jax) is that Del Rio isn't going to let him go but it's early in the Jags off season so who knows. I think Koetter is a good OC and is more suited for the college game than the NFL

Comment

Take this for what it's worth, but probably the best insider from CaneSport e-mailed me and told me Randy likes Major Applewhite a lot but he's not the first choice.. doesn't know who that is, but you'd have to think either Koetter or Chudzinski is it.
                    Thanks for the info. Personally I'll pass on Applewhite; I see a younger version of Patrick Nix when I look at his resume. I'm sure he will be a good coach in due time, but the dude is 29 years old and I just can't fathom how he could possibly be ready for the OC job at a major school. Saban obviously thought the same thing, I read an article today about how the offense Bama ran last year was a combo of Saban, their OL coach and Applewhite's ideas. Yes he was good his one season at Rice, but I'd still like to see a little more with such an important hire that IMO will decide Randy Shannon's fate.

Give me an NFL guy.

Comment

Don't forget Bruce Johnson who likes to stick his head in but rarely makes contact.
                      Johnson is a senior.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Personally I would really like the addition of Applewhite. He's a young guy with some imagination who would give us some hope with the play-calling unlike Mr. Screen Pass.

It wouldn't be a bad move on the recruiting front either, he seems to be very good in that area as well from what I've heard and seen.

Comment

• Originally posted by murdamal86 View Post
                          Let me ask you guys a question: on offense who has the most pro potential regardless of what class they are in?
                          I'd say Allen Bailey, and it's not even close IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by thebow305 View Post
                            Johnson is a senior.
                            I know that. I was talking about last year. Armour is a Senior too...

Originally posted by thebow305 View Post
                            I'd say Allen Bailey, and it's not even close IMO.
                            lol...here's my chance. Allen Bailey plays defense.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Miami lifts some of Marve's transfer restrictions

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3806816

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                              2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                              2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• i'm not a fan of that ncaa rule. no payment= no control over my future. if they paid him under the table then maybe i'd be alright with limiting his schools.
                                SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                                Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information