2015 Canes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by etk View Post
    I know that. I was talking about last year. Armour is a Senior too...

lol...here's my chance. Allen Bailey plays defense.
    Haha, touche!

My bad! :)

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

• If anyone is interested in Miami's future schedules.. here's a link.

http://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=903&CID=168494
      "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Thanks. I'll check that out later.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Big night at the UA game for Miami...

Ray Ray Armstrong is an absolute stud and he's the 2nd best player in the class other than Bryce Brown. In almost any other class, he's the prized gem. This kid could easily be a 5-star.. he's that good.

Projects to be one hell of a linebacker at the next level. Once he puts on 20-30 pounds he is going to be scary good. He'll also probably be able to put his hand down and rush the passer on 3rd down.

As far as Dye goes, well, he's a machine as he said. Should be another good one. Reminds me a lot of Ojomo actually.
          "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Dye is going to be alot better then Ojomo.

I was really impressive last nite. He was the biggest player on that defense. He's huge. Has room to add weight too. He was super quick and already has a good bull rush. Add some bulk and technique to him and he's a monster for us. Should have a huge impact and he's been playing DE for years so he won't have those containment issues that we had with 1st time DEs like Robinson, Bailey, Adkins, etc. had last year.

Nothing else to be said about Ray Ray. You all saw him play. I had my questions about him on D and thought he'd be a TE for us but he's a LB all the way for us. He's a cross between Cookie and Spence in my eyes.

Jermaine Johnson should be listed as a 4 star pretty soon. Rivals docked him a bit for not playing in a year.

It ain't over for Debose.

Comment

• I don't see how Ray Ray is an overlooked 4*. He's one of the most ridiculous athletes ever and just won a state championship. These recruiting sites really piss me off sometimes....it's like the "scouts" never even played football before.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Does anyone know what the contract status is of Ken Dorsey in Cleveland? I think it would be tremendously interesting to consider Chudzinski coming back as OC (probably very unlikely because of his "successful" move to the NFL) with Dorsey coming back as QB coach (much more likely given the whimper end to Cleveland's season). I would love to see Dorsey teaching Jacory to devour film and prepare the way he did. I would think that a Chudzinski/Dorsey addition as OC/QB coach would be a tremendous success.
                "No one rises to low expectations." - Mark Whipple

Comment

• Originally posted by CaneInEastTexas View Post
                  Does anyone know what the contract status is of Ken Dorsey in Cleveland? I think it would be tremendously interesting to consider Chudzinski coming back as OC (probably very unlikely because of his "successful" move to the NFL) with Dorsey coming back as QB coach (much more likely given the whimper end to Cleveland's season). I would love to see Dorsey teaching Jacory to devour film and prepare the way he did. I would think that a Chudzinski/Dorsey addition as OC/QB coach would be a tremendous success.
                  Why on earth would Dorsey do that?

He can ride the pine as a backup for another 5 years and then collect on the NFL pension.

He can get into coaching after that.

Comment

• Dorsey will not be leaving the NFL until he's forced out. There's really no reason.

Chud is a no go.. Miami contacted him but apparently he's not interested (and why would he be?)

Comment

• What's the lineup looking like for next season?

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                        What's the lineup looking like for next season?
                        QB : J. Harris
                        RB : Cooper, B. Brown, James
                        WR : Aldarius, Byrd, Streeter, Benjamin, Collier
                        TE : Epps, Zellner
                        LT : Fox
                        LG : Franklin
                        C : Gunn/Trump
                        RG : Figueroa
                        RT : Jermaine Johnson/Rutledge

DE : Bailey
                        DT : Forston
                        DT : Joseph/Regis
                        DE : Ojomo/Robinson
                        OLB : Spence
                        MLB : A. Brown
                        OLB : McCarthy
                        CB : B. Harris, Grant
                        CB : Van Dyke, McGee
                        S : Nicolas, Telemaque
                        S : Hill (Randy loves this kid for whatever reason), Holton

KR : Benjamin/Collier/B. Brown
                        PR : Benjamin/Collier/Cooper

K/P : Bosher

That's just off the top of my head, probably missing a few.
                        Last edited by djp; 01-06-2009, 05:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
                          OLB : Spence
                          MLB : A. Brown
                          WHEN YOU SEE IT
                          you'll **** bricks

Comment

• Zellner and Rutledge are Seniors.

Aren't Phillips and Moncur coming back on D?

Joseph is horrible and O hope we find better.

I think Franklin will move back out to RT with Washington (beast) starting at G as a Fr. Trump will probably get the nod at C.

Hankerson and Shields will get some balls at WR so you have to mention them. We'll continue to rotate. If we get Debose or Randle things will get complicated.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Ray Ray should be upgraded to a 5 star next time they update the Rankings. And he will be an All-American Safety for us. That much I know!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

• Originally posted by thebow305 View Post
                                Ray Ray should be upgraded to a 5 star next time they update the Rankings. And he will be an All-American Safety for us. That much I know!
                                I agree. Well minus the fact that he will probably never play safety for us.

As for the depth chart. Here's my estimation of it:

QB: Jacory Harris, Taylor Cook
                                RB: Craig Cooper, Bryce Brown, Lee Chambers
                                FB: Patrick Hill
                                WR1: Aldarius Johnson, LaRon Byrd, Leonard Hankerson
                                WR2: Travis Benjamin, Sam Shields, Tommy Streeter
                                Slot WR: Theron Collier, Davon Johnson, Kendal Thompkins
                                TE: Dedrick Epps, Richard Gordon, Billy Sanders
                                LT: Jason Fox, Matt Pipho
                                LG: Brandon Washington
                                C: Harland Gunn, AJ Trump
                                RG: Joel Figeroa, Chris Barney
                                RT: Orlando Franklin, Jermaine Johnson

DE: Allen Bailey, Adewale Ojomo, Andrew Smith
                                DT: Josh Holmes, Micanor Regis, Chaz Washington
                                DT: Marcus Forston, Joe Joseph, Jeremy Lewis
                                DE: Marcus Robinson, Steve Wesley, Gavin Hardin
                                OLB: Sean Spence, Ramon Buchanan
                                MLB: Darryl Sharpton, Antonio Harper
                                OLB: Colin McCarthy, Arthur Brown, Jordan Futch
                                CB: Chavez Grant, DeMarcus Van Dyke, Joe Wylie
                                CB: Brandon Harris, Brandon McGee
                                FS: Vaughn Telemaque, Ryan Hill,
                                SS: Randy Phillips, JoJo Nicolas, CJ Holton

K/P/KOS: Matt Bosher
                                PR: Travis Benjamin, Theron Collier
                                KR: Travis Benjamin, Theron Collier

I didn't forget JJ. Just not counting on him. Anything extra from him is bonus.

Grant and DVD will shuffle starts thru the season IMO. Sharpton starts out at MLB but gets bumped in favor of McCarthy as soon as King Arthur is deemed ready. He will not start game one however.

Looks like we are gonna be able to redshirt a good amount of freshmen this season which is a plus. The sooner we are able to redshirt guys and not throw them to the wolves, the better off we will be.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information