No announcement yet.

2015 Canes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: i know it's WAY toooo early to predict the depth chart for next season but based on the incoming recruits you have slated to come in, do you guys envision any of them possibly starting from game one or eventually working their way into a starting position?

Comment

• Originally posted by etk View Post
      I don't like the OC candidates either. I see a lot of risks in that group...we need a sure thing. Good thing Shannon and Hocutt are in no rush and it could be months before we make a hire.
      I agree, the only ones I would even consider at this point would be that guy from the Browns, or Borges.

Originally posted by murdamal86 View Post
      Question: i know it's WAY toooo early to predict the depth chart for next season but based on the incoming recruits you have slated to come in, do you guys envision any of them possibly starting from game one or eventually working their way into a starting position?
      I'm obviously not sure at this point, but I can only imagine Ray Ray, Bryce, and McGee should definitely see some significant early playing time.

Ray Ray on ST mostly, but Bryce and McGee should be regularly rotating snaps with the starters at RB and CB respectively.
      Last edited by thebow305; 01-07-2009, 07:29 PM.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

• I like the idea of a former TT/Houston OC....but Shannon said he wants to go pro style so that would be a contradiction and could spell trouble/conflict.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I like the idea of a former TT/Houston OC....but Shannon said he wants to go pro style so that would be a contradiction and could spell trouble/conflict.
          Yeah, I totally agree. A wide open offense would allow them to better utilize all their athletes. Any chance to allows Cooper, Bryce Brown, JJ, Benjamin, Aldarius, Byrd, Collier, Epps, and our other stud athletes to be in a position to make plays, I'm all for. I love Houston's offense and I think Jacory could do very well in a spread passing attack. Though like you said, with Randy Shannon wanting to run a pro-style offense, it seems like Houston's OC would be of the picture.

Comment

• Yeah I don't see how the pro-style takes advantage of all our talent. It handcuffs our offense and holds us back from reaching our true potential. Pro-style relies on outstanding QB play and a strong offensive line. That's not easy to come by in college football. The spread allows you to take advantage of the strengths of your players and ignore the weaknesses. i.e. TT with their small, slow receivers, noodle-arm QBs and big, stiff, slow linemen.

I like pretty much everything Shannon is doing but his obsession with the pro-style conservative offense is his tragic flaw. It could be the difference between him being our coach for decades or on the cutting block after 1-2 years.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Yeah I don't see how the pro-style takes advantage of all our talent. It handcuffs our offense and holds us back from reaching our true potential. Pro-style relies on outstanding QB play and a strong offensive line. That's not easy to come by in college football. The spread allows you to take advantage of the strengths of your players and ignore the weaknesses. i.e. TT with their small, slow receivers, noodle-arm QBs and big, stiff, slow linemen.

I like pretty much everything Shannon is doing but his obsession with the pro-style conservative offense is his tragic flaw. It could be the difference between him being our coach for decades or on the cutting block after 1-2 years.
              Pro-style offense is what I want.

Jacory Harris can be a great quarterback and we will have a good offensive line next year. We will also have a stable of runners in the backfield and Miami's success is derived from the pro-style offense. It's why we had so many first round picks. It's not just the talent, it's the preparation that we gave these kids in an NFL offense before they even got there. That's what set us apart from everyone else.

Do I think that we are going to see some spread formations and philosophies next year no matter the coordinator? Yes, I do. But I do think the best option for a good running game is the pro-style offense and I think we are going to see that the majority of the time.

It's not like we are going to abandon the shotgun formation... Randy just wants a more consistent base running the football.
              "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• An interesting article from last March that mentions a player from UF who dealt with double surgery and an accident and wanted to transfer to play with former teammates, but Urban Meyer refused to release him from his scholarship. Interesting, considering all the self-righteous blathering I've heard from some Gator fans as of late.
                Article: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?...ncf&id=3302530
                "No one rises to low expectations." - Mark Whipple

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
                  Pro-style offense is what I want.

Jacory Harris can be a great quarterback and we will have a good offensive line next year. We will also have a stable of runners in the backfield and Miami's success is derived from the pro-style offense. It's why we had so many first round picks. It's not just the talent, it's the preparation that we gave these kids in an NFL offense before they even got there. That's what set us apart from everyone else.

Do I think that we are going to see some spread formations and philosophies next year no matter the coordinator? Yes, I do. But I do think the best option for a good running game is the pro-style offense and I think we are going to see that the majority of the time.

It's not like we are going to abandon the shotgun formation... Randy just wants a more consistent base running the football.
                  I agree that Harris will be a good QB. I expect our OL to be good, but you never know. We're loaded with RBs. The problem with the pro style, and especially the pro style + spread philosophies (like you stated), is that you run the risk of losing your offensive identity. I'd like to see us run an established offense with a consistent output. If we become a smash mouth offense that will go PA and air it out deep, I'm cool. If we become a short passing offense that utilizes the backs and TEs like BC, I'm cool. If we/I have no idea what to expect every game, I'm upset.

To me, the spread means more continuity, consistency and identity. I don't trust the pro style as easily unless I know the OC runs it really well. I understand that the pro style was extremely effective not too long ago, but a lot has changed since then. There is much more variety and offenses have opened up from being exclusively pro style or wishbone. The talent level is more spread out and there's more parity. Spread offenses of all shapes and sizes are having success at big-time programs (i.e. GT). We no longer have extremely superior talent to most of the other teams, which puts more responsibility on the coaches to create an effective gameplan and call good plays.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• My problem with Chuck Long is that the OU fans did not like him as their OC, they to a man will say he was too predicable and would abandon the run too quickly.

My top 3 -

1. Mike Shula
                    2. Steve Logan
                    3. Dirk Koetter

Give me any one of those guys and we are in the ACC title game next year.

Comment

• Marve allowed to transfer instate

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3820496

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                      2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                      2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• Anyone else really hoping Randy Shannon makes the OC hire today to give us Cane fans something else to think/talk about instead of...well...you know...

Comment

• I'd like to see us take the spotlight away from the Mud Lizards, personally. I'd also like to see Tim Tebow get exposed doing something "imperfect".

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Circumcising little boys was the first homosexual substantiation Mr. Tebow has gotten since licking Timbaland.

Comment

• I wonder if that guys life is better off after spending five minutes with Tim Tebow?

Comment

• ROFL.....I completely forgot about that comment. I hope when I'm a grown man I don't gush over 20-year olds like that.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information