No announcement yet.

2015 Canes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QFT. This is a NO-GATOR ZONE. DG, DELETE THE GATOR POSTS!!!

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
    Originally posted by njx9
    do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• So many names are being thrown around for OC now.

Yesterday I heard that the Louisiana Tech OC was a prime candidate. Today it's Mark Whipple...

That makes the list somewhat like

Mark Whipple
      Frank Scelfo
      Rip Scherer
      Mike Shula
      Chuck Long
      Noel Mazzone
      Gunter Brewer
      Curtis Johnson

I still think that it will be between Long, Scelfo, and Scherer in the end.
      "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• God I despise this list.....I have a bad feeling that this OC problem is gonna cost Shannon his job some day.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by etk View Post
          God I despise this list.....I have a bad feeling that this OC problem is gonna cost Shannon his job some day.
          I don't see the problem with Whipple or Chuck Long. What don't you like about them?
          "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Brewer, Johnson, Mazzone, Sceflo, and Whipple are not longer candidates as far as I can tell.

Supposedly they are putting Scherer on the back burner as well.

Shula hasn't shown interest in the job yet.

Long is the only viable option of the list from what I've gather. He seems to be the choice unless Koetter or Chad change their mind or another NFL guy opens up.

Should be dont within the next 10 days. Leader at the moment seems to be Long which is ok with me.

He was my 1st choice if we couldn't get Koetter.

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
              I don't see the problem with Whipple or Chuck Long. What don't you like about them?
              The problem is that those guys are decent candidates at best and they're headlining the list. Whipple doesn't have much big-time experience outside of D1-AA. Long is experienced, but couldn't develop Kevin O'Connell who's physically gifted and talented. SDSU has 2 good QBs a couple years ago and didn't produce much.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by etk View Post
                The problem is that those guys are decent candidates at best and they're headlining the list. Whipple doesn't have much big-time experience outside of D1-AA. Long is experienced, but couldn't develop Kevin O'Connell who's physically gifted and talented. SDSU has 2 good QBs a couple years ago and didn't produce much.
                You have to take SDS stuff with a grain of salt for Chuck Long. When he was at Oklahoma and had top talent like he will at Miami, he was able to average 50 pionts a game and win Assitant coach of the year award. He is a big time OC. Just not a great HC.

Think Norv Turner.

Long would be a great choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
                  You have to take SDS stuff with a grain of salt for Chuck Long. When he was at Oklahoma and had top talent like he will at Miami, he was able to average 50 pionts a game and win Assitant coach of the year award. He is a big time OC. Just not a great HC.

Think Norv Turner.

Long would be a great choice.
                  I wouldn't be upset with that choice, but looking through his history there are flags and reasons for concern. Why did he develop Josh Heupel well (no talent) but struggle with O'Connell (3rd round pick to the Pats)?

I'd be interested to see his effect on recruiting considering he was once a top NFL draft pick and successful college QB.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• 1st, your making KevIn O'Connell sound like this super prospect. Many thought he was a reach in the 3rd and more of a 4th or 5th rounder and he sucked bad since getting to the Pats. So its not like hes this great talent that wasnt developed properly.

2nd, theres a limit to what u can do at SDSU. There isnt the recruiting base so u dont have access to all the players u need. That limits some of the packages u can run and also limits some of the throws the QB can make because the WRs either cant get open quickly enough or they drop balls.

Big difference the at a Miami or Oklahoma that have guys that can make big catches in tight places, and know how to get open.

Dont put too much stock into his SDSU time.

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
                      So many names are being thrown around for OC now.

Yesterday I heard that the Louisiana Tech OC was a prime candidate. Today it's Mark Whipple...

That makes the list somewhat like

Rip Scherer

Noel Mazzone

I still think that it will be between Long, Scelfo, and Scherer in the end.

here's how i rank that list in terms of want -

1. Shula
                      2. Whipple
                      3. Gunter Brewer
                      4. Chuck Long
                      5. Curtis Johnson
                      6. Scelfo
                      7. Rip
                      8. Mazzone

Big drop off after the top 2 though IMO.

Comment

• My red flags with Long are

1. The OU fans did not like him or his system and were very happy to see him go
                        2. He took over for Mike Leech which definitely helped him a ton as far as numbers
                        3. Why was his offense (they ranked 72nd in the nation in total yards) so awful his last year at OU? Was Rhett Bhomar that bad or did the Big 12 just catch up to his system?

Comment

• Any thoughts on our own Mr. Bryce Brown being crowned the new #1 on the latest and final Rivals 100!?

LOVE THIS GUY!!

And Ray Ray is now a FIVE STAR!!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

• Isnt it about time we lock this thing and start the new 09 Canes thread?

This one is pretty long and cluttered.

Be nice to start fresh instead of having a thread full of Nix.

Comment

• Meh, we've had this one for the last 2 years, we're already the only team with our own thread, prefer it if there wasn't one for each season.

I'll change the title though. :p

That is correct comahan
                              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                              <3 dg

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
                                1st, your making KevIn O'Connell sound like this super prospect. Many thought he was a reach in the 3rd and more of a 4th or 5th rounder and he sucked bad since getting to the Pats. So its not like hes this great talent that wasnt developed properly.

2nd, theres a limit to what u can do at SDSU. There isnt the recruiting base so u dont have access to all the players u need. That limits some of the packages u can run and also limits some of the throws the QB can make because the WRs either cant get open quickly enough or they drop balls.

Big difference the at a Miami or Oklahoma that have guys that can make big catches in tight places, and know how to get open.

Dont put too much stock into his SDSU time.
                                It doesn't make sense...that's all. Heupel and White have ZOMG success at OU and suck in the NFL. O'Connell goes to a mid-major school with a big arm and great athleticism....and struggles. What went wrong? Call me a pessimist, but a great QB coach should be able to work wonders with an O'Connell, especially if he can mold a Heupel/White.

Then again, Jacory is nothing like Kevin O'Connell.

Also, save the talk about him "struggling" as a rookie coming from SDSU....cut him some slack.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information