No announcement yet.

2015 Canes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since when have you see a human being turn down a chance to double his salary?

Hearing Young would help us find a replacement before he leaves.

Comment

• Hearing that our top canidate for defensive coordinator is Georgia's defensive coordinator, Willie Martinez. He played defensive back for the U back in the early 80's.

I have a question for you recruiting junkies. Does Prep School signees go into our team rankings? I thought they did, but I was just making sure. Looking at the signees we have, Brandon Washington and Jermaine Johnson both 4 star o line. Plus could be adding to more prep lineman in Massie and Campbell. Hate to see it not help our ratings out.
      Last edited by tolnaballa; 01-20-2009, 12:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tolnaballa View Post
        Hearing that our top canidate for defensive coordinator is Georgia's defensive coordinator, Willie Martinez. He played defensive back for the U back in the early 80's.

I have a question for you recruiting junkies. Does Prep School signees go into our team rankings? I thought they did, but I was just making sure. Looking at the signees we have, Brandon Washington and Jermaine Johnson both 4 star o line. Plus could be adding to more prep lineman in Massie and Campbell. Hate to see it not help our ratings out.
        Every new recruit helps the rankings. Prep and JUCO included.

Willie Martinez was just a name brought up by the Herald. Haven't heard anything with him but pure speculation.

What I have heard is that Bill Young will help find his replacement before he leaves and that worst case scenario, JJ has gotta TT to agree to do it for a year until we have a case to really find a good fit next offseason.

Comment

• What's TT?

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Tommy Tubberville

Comment

• It's official. Bill Young to OK State. Who you guys going to grab to replace him?
              Drink apple juice, cause OJ will kill you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokie_Pokie08 View Post
                It's official. Bill Young to OK State. Who you guys going to grab to replace him?
                Too early to tell.

UGA DC Willie Martinez
                UF Co-DC Charlie Strong

those names have been mentioned but are nothing more then rumors at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
                  Tommy Tubberville

I said his name about a month ago when he got fired, I personally would take him over Young any day

Comment

Too early to tell.

UGA DC Willie Martinez
                    UF Co-DC Charlie Strong

those names have been mentioned but are nothing more then rumors at this point.
                    Strong would be an excellent choice, but I think he is due for a HC job here before long. Would picking someone that would be another band-aid selection really help y'all out?
                    Drink apple juice, cause OJ will kill you.

Comment

• Randy Shannon told reporters today if he doesn't get one of his top candidates, he is just going to run the defense himself and probably promote Mike Barrow to Co-DC
                      "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
                        Randy Shannon told reporters today if he doesn't get one of his top candidates, he is just going to run the defense himself and probably promote Mike Barrow to Co-DC
                        But he (rightfully so) doesn't want to do that.

However, I'd rather that or the Tubbs stopgap option then to have us hire the Patrick Nix of DCs.

Remember, Randy is one of the 15 or so best DCs in college football.

Barrow is from that same school of thought and with the talent we are bringing in we really only need a guy to call the right coverages and make sure the players know their assignments.

The rest is just regular cover 2, line em up and beat em down like we've always done.

We got the talent on that side of the ball to do that and honestly, our DBs will be better for us. You'll see Harris and DVD make more strides in that D then in Young's D.

But we have to have our MLB in order for that to work and I don't see it ATM.

Comment

• I saw earlier that Charlie Strong's name was mentioned in the DC search.

He won't go anywhere unless it's a HC position, especially not to Miami. He'd be trading the DC job at a National Champion school for Miami's? No way. It probably was just a name thrown into a pot somwhere along the way, and I'm going to be defensive of this guy because I love him, so take this with a grain of salt.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
                            I saw earlier that Charlie Strong's name was mentioned in the DC search.

He won't go anywhere unless it's a HC position, especially not to Miami. He'd be trading the DC job at a National Champion school for Miami's? No way. It probably was just a name thrown into a pot somwhere along the way, and I'm going to be defensive of this guy because I love him, so take this with a grain of salt.
                            I wouldn't say he's anywhere near a HC job and frankly I'm not impressed with him.

How soon people forget that all his defenses have sucked up until this season. Not to mention, he's co-DC.

Not even a full time gig for him.

Comment

Tommy Tubberville
                              I knew I was gonna feel stupid when you answered.

Originally posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
                              But he (rightfully so) doesn't want to do that.

However, I'd rather that or the Tubbs stopgap option then to have us hire the Patrick Nix of DCs.

Remember, Randy is one of the 15 or so best DCs in college football.

Barrow is from that same school of thought and with the talent we are bringing in we really only need a guy to call the right coverages and make sure the players know their assignments.

The rest is just regular cover 2, line em up and beat em down like we've always done.

We got the talent on that side of the ball to do that and honestly, our DBs will be better for us. You'll see Harris and DVD make more strides in that D then in Young's D.

But we have to have our MLB in order for that to work and I don't see it ATM.
                              Yeah, we definitely should go with a good stop-gap over a long-term mess. Our defense will be so stacked in 2010 that the DC won't matter as much anyway.

I disagree. 15 is an awfully conservative number considering there are 119 schools. He's at least top-10 when he devotes himself fully.

If we play Cover 2, I don't want to see Grant on the field and especially not DVD. 2 soft corners is a recipe for disaster in a Cover 2.

I think we're fine at LB. Spence and McCarthy are proven, while Sharpton should improve and have a breakout year like every other Miami LB does at some point. Beason, Gooden and Cook all did it. Romeo Davis has no talent, but he played up to his potential as a Senior and exceeded expectations as well.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I wouldn't say he's anywhere near a HC job and frankly I'm not impressed with him.

How soon people forget that all his defenses have sucked up until this season. Not to mention, he's co-DC.

Not even a full time gig for him.
                                His 2006 defense allowed 13 ppg, yards allowed are nothing if your defense can stop them when it counts. I'm not sure about the years before '06, but nobody could have made that '07 defense look good. It started 2 freshmen and 2 sophomores in the secondary.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information